Quantcast
Calgary hotels - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Calgary hotels

My Ride
    2006 Civic Si

Default Calgary hotels

Hey

I will be coming to Alberta (road trip w/ my husband and 2 friends) May long next year, and we are staying in Edmonton for 2 nights, then driving to Banff for the day, and are looking to come back to Calgary for that night, then drive home the next day.

What would you suggest? We're not looking for anything fancy, just something along the lines of Days Inn/Holiday Inn... etc, that is in the area of Calgary when you are coming in from Banff.

Any help is appreciated, thanks a bunch!

-Krysten

My Ride
    Lease

Read and contribute to my hotel thread http://forums.beyond.ca/st/195933/ho...el-experience/

If you're just talking the generic brand (super 8, best western, etc...) they're pretty much all the same cost across the board.

Not talking about luxury (like Hyatt, Hilton), but if you're willing to spend an extra $20-30 ish/ night compared to chain hotels, check out the Sandman chain; a little dressed up for a franschise/chain than the Holidae Inn type.

Also, try to stick with a certain bonus points program chain of hotels, you'd be surprise the rewards add up... I usually stay at places with www.Tripwards.com that's Super8, Days Inn (and some others)... I've stayed 8 months in hotel/motel this year, and I probably have enough to stay 3-4 weeks free

I had some good experience with Days Inn owned by the www.d3h.ca group in Western Canada, they're really good on customer service (from my experience, had a situation with one of their hotels, emailed the CEO for Canada Days Inn, and 3 management person attended to the issue with suggestion, solution, satisfactory conclusion)

Edit: sorry you were looking for locations too..... Days Inn at this location http://www.daysinn.com/DaysInn/contr...4&brandInfo=DI
    (since if you guys are heading back to Manitoba, it's close to Highway#1)
    Last edited by TomcoPDR; 11-19-2007 at 10:45 AM.

motel village 16th ave & Crowchild, there are a few decent motel/hotels along that strip.

google link