Quantcast
Pensioners vrs Refugees??? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Pensioners vrs Refugees???

My Ride
    A Honda Product!

Default Pensioners vrs Refugees???

I don't know if the facts are true. This showed up in my email.
    Maybe someone can verify???? Pathetic if it's true!

CANADA PENSION - A Must Read
    Only in Canada.

Do not apply for your old age pension. Apply to be a refugee. It is interesting that the federal government provides a single refugee with a monthly allowance of $1,890.00 and each can get an additional $580.00 in social assistance for a total of $2,470.00.
    This compares very well to a single pensioner who, after contributing to the growth and development of Canada for 40 or 50 years, can only receive a monthly maximum of $1,012.00 in old age pension and Guaranteed Income Supplement.

Maybe our pensioners should apply as refugees!

Let's send this thought to as many Canadians as we can and maybe we can get the refugees cut back to $1,012.00 and the pensioners up to $2,470.00, so they can enjoy the money they were forced to submit to the Canadian government for those 40 to 50 years.

My Ride
    Edge Sport, F-150 EcoBoost

*queue the arbitrary hyper-liberals' bleeding heart fight for the oppressed majorities in third world countries and how its all our fault anyways*
    freshprince
    -Jan 2006-

My Ride
    SC 03 eclipse, 06 TJ,Shadow1100, HD FXSTC, Chopper

If this is true that is such BS. I wouldnt be the least bit suprised if it was true.
    Member since 2003.

My Ride
    335i

It is true, but a bit misleading. A refugee can only collect this money for a very limited time (1 year i think) and then has to start providing for himself
    Original Post NAZI Moderated

Originally posted by r3cc0s
    Felon or Mistermeiner

Set aside your initial reaction and really think about it. Like Weapon_R said, it's only for a year.

But even beyond that, it costs a shit load of money to start your life from scratch. You have absolutely nothing. Pensioners at least have a lot of the basics of life already paid for.

It's an investment. Giving refugees enough money to get a proper start in life here in Canada greatly strengthens the odds that they will become productive members of society and hence paying lots of taxes.

My Ride
    Edge Sport, F-150 EcoBoost

Originally posted by Antonito
    Set aside your initial reaction and really think about it. Like Weapon_R said, it's only for a year.....

Giving refugees enough money to get a proper start in life here in Canada greatly strengthens the odds that they will become productive members of society and hence paying lots of taxes.

If its at the inflated rate for only a year, I can see the value in that. But there is no way a refugee should be getting more than a retiree is getting who has been a productive member of society for 40-50 years, on a permanent basis.
    freshprince
    -Jan 2006-

My Ride
    SC 03 eclipse, 06 TJ,Shadow1100, HD FXSTC, Chopper

Originally posted by freshprince1

If its at the inflated rate for only a year, I can see the value in that. But there is no way a refugee should be getting more than a retiree is getting who has been a productive member of society for 40-50 years, on a permanent basis.
    Member since 2003.

well then it's a good thing they don't

My Ride
    Lexus

Originally posted by Antonito

It's an investment. Giving refugees enough money to get a proper start in life here in Canada greatly strengthens the odds that they will become productive members of society and hence paying lots of taxes.
    True. Also if they are sponsoring there family, they pay loads of fee to goverment.

When there family move to canada, chances are they work here , hence pay taxes. After they retire, they are in same boat as retirees from past.