Quantcast
AutoDream - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 35

Thread: AutoDream

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    T MR2
    Posts
    562
    Rep Power
    17

    Default AutoDream

    Long story short, my cousin bought a clutch from autodream and had them install it. After they were done, his brakes didn't work anymore and they refused to fix it. Blamed the problem on him and said it was like that before he brought it in. I've always thought they were ignorant as hell to potential buyers but this definately crossed the line.

    Swearing began and autodream literally told him to fuck off. The guy claimed that he isn't gonna yell anymore because hes at work but claimed if he wasn't at work it'd be a different story.


    NOW AUTODREAM, let me guess this straight. This is quoted from your website.

    AutoDream was established in 2000 and continuing to expand. We continue to provide our customers quality products and better service.

    Are you kidding me? Now before you guys start going into details and asking me a ton of questions, I assure you i'm only posting this for you guys not to get ripped off. His DAD was also present and all the threats were basically directed towards him since he was in shock that they weren't offering to fix the brakes.


    Charged him 600$ for the clutch, said 750$ for the install and then charged him an additional 50$ because he said he had to remove the flywheel. 1400 + GST = 1484$ for a broken car? HA GUYS! GO GET YOUR CAR SERVICED AT AUTODREAM.


    EDIT: to add to this awful service I remember a year back I ordered a part waited for 4 months and still no answer, when i called them back they said they didn't know what I was talking about.
    Last edited by Fcuk; 11-16-2007 at 01:23 AM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Honda
    Posts
    1,215
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Fuck that.

    Autodream is a sick shop, with wicked service. How do we really know how the car was driven, and what all sides of the story are? Why the fuck does everyone think they can come on the internet and bitch to solve problems?

    "A Perfect Gent"


  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Beyond
    Posts
    1,979
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    Listen to Ryan.
    Last edited by Toms-SC; 11-16-2007 at 01:29 AM.
    Was the #1 Forum Warrior

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    T MR2
    Posts
    562
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    Originally posted by ninjak84
    Fuck that.

    Autodream is a sick shop, with wicked service. How do we really know how the car was driven, and what all sides of the story are? Why the fuck does everyone think they can come on the internet and bitch to solve problems?

    "A Perfect Gent"

    Regardless of what you think this actually did happen. I don't come on here to "bitch" about anything, I'm simply stating something happened and it's NOT RIGHT. 1500$ For worse condition then it already is in?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    ___________________________
    My Ride
    400whp MR2 - An Italian and a couple of Germans
    Posts
    11,139
    Rep Power
    29

    Default

    Hmm... so the brakes didnt work at all? That mean that something would have have been disconected for them to basically stop working. The brake system is totally seperate of the tranny. Perhaps a brake line was accidently severed causing the system to loose fluid.. there would of course be evidence of this and it would an easy problem to troubleshoot. Another possibility is that the brake booster may have been disconected in order to lift or lower the engine a bit.. it may just be a matter of connecting the brake booster. Other than that brakes really cant just fail out of nowhere.. Good luck
    Looking for a new VW? How about a used vehicle? We are Central Albertas #1 source for pre-owned vehicles
    I will beat any deal on a new VW for beyonders

    Gary Moe Volkswagen/Gary Moe Used Car Superstore!

    Red Deer, AB

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    F10M/ F87/ NA2/ VOLVO V90
    Posts
    5,570
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    ok let me get this straight:

    1. Guy goes in for replacement of his clutch
    2. Quoted 600 for clutch and 750 for RnR
    3. charged 50 more than quoted
    4. brake starts to fail, blames it on autodream


    this is where im lost, so your "cousin" had his clutch replaced but the brake system failed? they are pretty far apart.. no? can you define "didnt know anymore"? what failed in the brake system? I'm just a little confuse and perhaps you should give us more detail

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    T MR2
    Posts
    562
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    They told him he needs a master cylinder for the brakes.

    The car was in the shop for one night and the brakes were PERFECTLY fine before that.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Lurking in some bushes outside your house
    My Ride
    S14/D21
    Posts
    864
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Is anyone even licensed over there? Consumers Beware

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    ___________________________
    My Ride
    400whp MR2 - An Italian and a couple of Germans
    Posts
    11,139
    Rep Power
    29

    Default

    have him fill up his master cylinder and monitor it over the next few weeks.. if its visibly leaking either in the engine compartment at the master cylinder or if you can see fluid inside the car up near the brake pedal then the master cylinder is leaking and has to be replaced. There really isnt any way to damage one unless they put a ton of pressure on the master cylinder somehow. Its more than likely just a coincidence man.
    Looking for a new VW? How about a used vehicle? We are Central Albertas #1 source for pre-owned vehicles
    I will beat any deal on a new VW for beyonders

    Gary Moe Volkswagen/Gary Moe Used Car Superstore!

    Red Deer, AB

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    calgary
    My Ride
    09 hyundai accent hatch
    Posts
    222
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    feel sorry for your cousins car but still just cuz something doesnt work doesnt mean they did it. you just assume and i have done a bunch of stuff at autodream and they were nothing other than amazing.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    T MR2
    Posts
    562
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
    have him fill up his master cylinder and monitor it over the next few weeks.. if its visibly leaking either in the engine compartment at the master cylinder or if you can see fluid inside the car up near the brake pedal then the master cylinder is leaking and has to be replaced. There really isnt any way to damage one unless they put a ton of pressure on the master cylinder somehow. Its more than likely just a coincidence man.
    Ryan you are a great help, thank you. I'll recommend this to my cousin. All autodream had to do was suggest something like this and help instead of totally shutting him down.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    F10M/ F87/ NA2/ VOLVO V90
    Posts
    5,570
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    Originally posted by Fcuk


    Ryan you are a great help, thank you. I'll recommend this to my cousin. All autodream had to do was suggest something like this and help instead of totally shutting him down.
    well the fact that your cousin goes in there and blames the problem at them without knowing any facts, is a bad approach. hopefully everything works out for him but I would love to know what was said and the attitude of both parties when he walked in there claiming Autodream has done the damage.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    T MR2
    Posts
    562
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    Originally posted by Team_Mclaren


    well the fact that your cousin goes in there and blames the problem at them without knowing any facts, is a bad approach. hopefully everything works out for him but I would love to know what was said and the attitude of both parties when he walked in there claiming Autodream has done the damage.
    If you took your car into a shop, payed 1500$ for something and recieved your car back and something important didn't work... I'm sure you'd be slightly upset. It's not like he drove his car for a while after he recieved it THEN the brakes stopped working. The problem was immediate.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    F10M/ F87/ NA2/ VOLVO V90
    Posts
    5,570
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    Originally posted by Fcuk


    If you took your car into a shop, payed 1500$ for something and recieved your car back and something important didn't work... I'm sure you'd be slightly upset. It's not like he drove his car for a while after he recieved it THEN the brakes stopped working. The problem was immediate.
    I completely understand. But the fact is that a clutch job has no relation to the brake system. Which is why we all find it odd and surprising. I'm not siding with anyone, but I have no doubt that both party's initial attitude toward this problem is less than stellar, hence the shitty outcome.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    T MR2
    Posts
    562
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    Originally posted by Team_Mclaren


    I completely understand. But the fact is that a clutch job has no relation to the brake system. Which is why we all find it odd and surprising. I'm not siding with anyone, but I have no doubt that both party's initial attitude toward this problem is less than stellar, hence the shitty outcome.
    I understand where you're coming from.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    NE Calgary, AB
    My Ride
    TDI
    Posts
    1,086
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Depending on the car the clutch and brakes may draw from the same fluid system (I know they do on my car - Jetta)... so they could be connected in some way... Maybe they got air in the lines...

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    ___________________________
    My Ride
    400whp MR2 - An Italian and a couple of Germans
    Posts
    11,139
    Rep Power
    29

    Default

    Originally posted by megavolt
    Depending on the car the clutch and brakes may draw from the same fluid system (I know they do on my car - Jetta)... so they could be connected in some way... Maybe they got air in the lines...
    Yah I was thinking this too... thats sort of a european thing though.. I assume this is a Nissan or Honda just because it was done at Autodream. Fcuk hope it all works out...bring your hot car to one of our meets.. thats all I ask lol.
    Looking for a new VW? How about a used vehicle? We are Central Albertas #1 source for pre-owned vehicles
    I will beat any deal on a new VW for beyonders

    Gary Moe Volkswagen/Gary Moe Used Car Superstore!

    Red Deer, AB

  18. #18
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    431
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I have had nothing but issues with them the last couple times I have been there. They used to be great Though. I wont be going back anytime soon.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Axis powers
    Posts
    2,316
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    jeez... i don't even own a Nissan and i always get great service there... i'll take my business to Autodream first before i go any other place
    Sig nuked by mod.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    MDX
    Posts
    2,139
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Originally posted by KoukiS14
    Is anyone even licensed over there? Consumers Beware

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. HELP!!! were'z autodream

    By 94CoRd in forum General
    Replies: 2
    Latest Threads: 07-12-2003, 04:00 PM
  2. white autodream 240sx?

    By silverEL in forum General Car/Bike Talk
    Replies: 3
    Latest Threads: 07-10-2003, 11:28 PM
  3. Autodream

    By evylgrynn in forum In Car Entertainment / Electronics
    Replies: 10
    Latest Threads: 07-07-2003, 03:10 AM
  4. attn: autodream

    By boi-alien in forum General
    Replies: 11
    Latest Threads: 01-26-2003, 09:52 AM
  5. attn: AutoDream Help Plz!

    By Ed the SOHC in forum Mechanical
    Replies: 23
    Latest Threads: 01-09-2003, 11:31 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •