Quantcast
Yelled at by a canadian racist at work today... - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Yelled at by a canadian racist at work today...

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Yelled at by a canadian racist at work today...

Originally posted by James

plus i Love the woman, especially your Mom Gavin.

Originally posted by theken
    i like gavins mom too, shes so small :thumsbup:

That reminds me, I'm cutting you guys off until ypou guys pay me for her services!
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    Turbos n Stuff™

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Yelled at by a canadian racist at work today...

Originally posted by sexualbanana

That reminds me, I'm cutting you guys off until ypou guys pay me for her services!

Its a sad sad day on beyond when one of its members is pimping his own mother!
    Travel

My Ride
    '08 Mitsubishi Lancer, '97 GMC Jimmy

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Yelled at by a canadian racist at work today...

Originally posted by Ben

Its a sad sad day on beyond when one of its members is pimping his own mother!
    He really has no choice, she'll do it anyway, he might as well get paid for it right
    "Car Manufacturers give us a well engineered basic car but leave it's real development to us."

My Ride
    PRV

Default Re: Re: Yelled at by a canadian racist at work today...

Originally posted by Ben
    sometimes I think that "White People" are the minority
    As a white American, I'm qualified to say that we've been the minority for quite some time... like since 1955.

Oh yeah, and Zeph, which lib do U work at? I'm at a lib in OC!!!!
    Last edited by Dr. Evil; 07-16-2003 at 03:25 PM.
    Green, GREEEEEN!!!

Last edited by kaput; 03-12-2019 at 09:38 PM.

My Ride
    PRV

Originally posted by kaput
    If canada didn't allow people to immigrate in so freely, our population would actually be decreasing. Canadians are gonna be outnumbered sooner or later.
    Is this true? He have SOOOO many Canadians here in the L.A. area... maybe they're all moving here?
    Green, GREEEEEN!!!

My Ride
    90hp beast

He must of really wanted that book...
    Did that guy have a french accent?? He could be our Prime Minister...

My Ride
    pedals

it was funny. I was at work (satalite installs) at this old german guys place and he was like the nicest guy i ever met and when i was leaving i was telling him about the work i was doing. (mainly specialty language stuff, like german). i meantioned i mainly worked with chinese and some indians and even germans and italians, then this guy blows me away, he says hes not prejudiced, he just doesnt like dark people. WTF? No problem with asians, but he didnt like the idea of working with indians. I was floored, he seemed like such a nice guy, but i guess when your raised like that, its not like your gonna change just because younger generations have. I find the most racist people around are old people, of any color.

My Ride
    E90 335i

Originally posted by hjr
    it was funny. I was at work (satalite installs) at this old I find the most racist people around are old people, of any color.
    Maybe it's just me, but I think honestly, most people are a little racist or at least stereotype races. I really doubt there's many people here that can say they don't think less highly of certain races than others. I know I do, not to the point where I vocalize it and hate, but I've thought less than nice things. I know, shame on me!
    George likes his Kung Pao spicy!

My Ride
    E90 335i

George likes his Kung Pao spicy!

Originally posted by B17a

Maybe it's just me, but I think honestly, most people are a little racist or at least stereotype races. I really doubt there's many people here that can say they don't think less highly of certain races than others. I know I do, not to the point where I vocalize it and hate, but I've thought less than nice things. I know, shame on me!

I used to live in Santa Monica and visited LA every once in a while. When it got dark, I felt a lot safer when a bunch of white guys were walking towards me down the street than when a bunch of black guys were (with the assumption that they're all the same age, etc). Is it racist? Maybe. Logical? You better believe it.

My Ride
    09 WRX Hatchback / 72 240z

Default Re: Re: Re: Yelled at by a canadian racist at work today...

Originally posted by Dr. Evil

As a white American, I'm qualified to say that we've been the minority for quite some time... like since 1955.

Oh yeah, and Zeph, which lib do U work at? I'm at a lib in OC!!!!
    LA county diamond bar 816. omg did u see the tradgedy at santa monica today!?!? the guy drove his car straight through a farmer's market injuring 40 ppl, critically wounding 10 of them, and 1 fatal death... omg and i shop there a lot!

My Ride
    PRV

Yeah, I heard people talking about it here at work. It wasn't a big deal until I went home & read up on it - the 86 year old man believes he kept pressing the gas... and that is why he couldn't stop!!! Two of the seriously injured victims are under age 2

Diamond Bar Too far to drive on lunch break to say hi. Damn
    Green, GREEEEEN!!!

My Ride
    Turbos n Stuff™

Made top news up here in Calgary
    Travel

I exist within the collective concious...
    My Ride
    People crazy...the best ride!

Originally posted by Super_Geo

I used to live in Santa Monica and visited LA every once in a while. When it got dark, I felt a lot safer when a bunch of white guys were walking towards me down the street than when a bunch of black guys were (with the assumption that they're all the same age, etc). Is it racist? Maybe. Logical? You better believe it.
    Talk about lame.
    Sorry but I must disagree with this one.
    Don't mean to be a prick (useless thing to say now) but unless you've made it publicly clear that you hate a certain group of people, why are you afraid of a group of ANYONE?
    I was born in Oregon (and no, I'm NOT bragging about it), and when I was there, the main group of people that were causing all of the trouble were white. Now living here in Cali, I've never really had a problem with anyone else but white people. But do I hate anyone because of the color of their skin? No. No logical person should. Dump the 'dark -skinned' paranoia, and get on with life.

My Ride

rich white kids here cause more trouble than any other race.... ur just a racist, not logic, not everyone does that. there r tons of ppl that r "ballers" that walk in a group and they r all black, but most of them r nice. assuming that a group of black ppl is unsafe is just racial profiling, which is illegall because it is racism! please stop posting as if u know america, because u sound just as dumb as the canadian guy that yelled at me at work...seriously, u over exaggerate everything and make racial profiling look like the best thing..

My Ride

Originally posted by Dr. Evil
    Yeah, I heard people talking about it here at work. It wasn't a big deal until I went home & read up on it - the 86 year old man believes he kept pressing the gas... and that is why he couldn't stop!!! Two of the seriously injured victims are under age 2

Diamond Bar Too far to drive on lunch break to say hi. Damn

which city in OC?

My Ride
    2002 SVT Focus

Zeph..please ignore that ignorant hick.He's one of a very few bad apples...
    11 F-150 Supercrew FX4 5.0

Originally posted by Zephyr
    rich white kids here cause more trouble than any other race.... ur just a racist, not logic, not everyone does that.
    That's news to me. Most statistics I've seen (and it's been a few years since I've read into this, so it could have changed) wouldn't agree with that. I remember doing a project in back when I went to high school there on whether or not the police were using racial profiling in the LA area, and most statistics showed that in many areas the ratio of black people arrested to the total people arrested was much higher than just a ratio of race.

Is that police racial profiling? Who knows, it could be. Does that make me feel any safer when I drive through those neighborhoods? Hell no. And call me racist or a pig all you want, but as long as there are stats that say that in [fill in the blank] community a majority of the crime is perpetrated by [fill in the race] people, then I'm going to be more cautious when I'm running by a group of [fill in the race] people in a potentially dangerous situation.

Originally posted by Zephyr
    assuming that a group of black ppl is unsafe is just racial profiling, which is illegall because it is racism! please stop posting as if u know america, because u sound just as dumb as the canadian guy that yelled at me at work
    I'll post like I know America because I lived there for a period of my life. I didn't just "assume a group of black ppl is unsafe." Maybe I should have been more specific in my description of the scenario, but there are dangerous places in LA where a majority of crimes are commited by black people, and not rich white boys.

That's not my "racist" opinion, that's fact. I don't know the root of the problem, and I'm sure there are a slew of socio-economic reasons behind it. However, when I'm walking down one of those places at night, that's now what I'm going to be worring about.

And don't compare me to that guy who walked into your library. Now who's exaggerating?

I exist within the collective concious...
    My Ride
    People crazy...the best ride!

That's news to me. Most statistics I've seen (and it's been a few years since I've read into this, so it could have changed) wouldn't agree with that. I remember doing a project in back when I went to high school there on whether or not the police were using racial profiling in the LA area, and most statistics showed that in many areas the ratio of black people arrested to the total people arrested was much higher than just a ratio of race.

Is that police racial profiling? Who knows, it could be. Does that make me feel any safer when I drive through those neighborhoods? Hell no. And call me racist or a pig all you want, but as long as there are stats that say that in [fill in the blank] community a majority of the crime is perpetrated by [fill in the race] people, then I'm going to be more cautious when I'm running by a group of [fill in the race] people in a potentially dangerous situation.

I'll post like I know America because I lived there for a period of my life. I didn't just "assume a group of black ppl is unsafe." Maybe I should have been more specific in my description of the scenario, but there are dangerous places in LA where a majority of crimes are commited by black people, and not rich white boys.

That's not my "racist" opinion, that's fact. I don't know the root of the problem, and I'm sure there are a slew of socio-economic reasons behind it. However, when I'm walking down one of those places at night, that's now what I'm going to be worring about.

If you look at statistics overall, not just specific ones, you'll see that the general public has more to fear from the average white male (25-45) than any other group. Check out the ratio on mass murderers, pediphiles, stalkers, and hate crimes to name a few. Now, if I had my choice between possibly getting mugged, or being in my workplace and getting shot because some ignorant ba$tard got pissed off and decided to shoot a few people, I'll take my chances on the mugging. I have a better chance of getting away alive.
    Plus, I have to question why exactly is anyone afraid of someone else when they have no real reason to be? Are people so either paranoid of full of so much self-importance that they feel that someone else is always trying to 'get them?' If you feel that way, grow up, because people probably don't think of you, or about you, as much as you think.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast