Quantcast
Anyone going to the U of L in September??? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Anyone going to the U of L in September???

My Ride
    A Pearl Diamond

Default Anyone going to the U of L in September???

just seeing if anyone is going?? If anyone on here is going what are you taking and what have you heard about the calgary campus??

I just got admitted to finance but not too sure if I should go

My Ride
    2018 Ford F150 SCREW

i know lots of people going.

im goin, my first year, stayin on residence, cant wait

Professional DJ equipment for sale: Click Here

My Ride
    Honda

That school is a dump. I wasted a year there, and I'm never going back.

it's my 2nd year at the Calgary Campus, if you can stand night classes 6pm to 9pm, you'll like it here.. it's pretty good, alot of transfer students from the U of C and MRC, as well as alot of SAIT graduates... There's not many courses offered (options wise) but you can major in Accounting, General and Finance at this time so it isn't bad if you're into commerce. it's like a small town basically, you meet lots of new people and chances are you'll know someone that will be in the same class as you.

if you have any questions, feel free to PM me.

My Ride
    X3 3.0, CLK500, FZR600

Originally posted by ninjak84
    but u have to dont u??

My Ride
    A Pearl Diamond

Can you elaborate?? Do the teachers suck or how is it a dump?

My Ride
    Honda

Originally posted by 2.2vtec
    Can you elaborate?? Do the teachers suck or how is it a dump?
    I can't really speak for the whole school....
    All I can say is that their science department is brutal. The guidance counsellor doesn't have a clue, and the professor's don't give you any support when you need it. At U of L, each department has their own counsellor, professor's, etc.... Just as long as you aren't taking science, you should be fine.
    I've heard of people having amazing success with the U of L business and economy classes though.
    And the U of L library is amazing.... I found it to be the nicest Library I've ever been inside.

I would recommend talking to people who have been there longer than me, who have more experience with the school. My own experience was terrible, but there's 17,000 other people that went to school there!
    Ask around!

Originally posted by RiCE-DaDDy
    but u have to dont u??
    Nope
    I'm finishing my pre-req's "elsewhere". Thanks for calling me you fag!
    Last edited by ninjak84; 07-16-2003 at 11:49 PM.

My Ride
    NC1

Originally posted by Shaolin
    it's my 2nd year at the Calgary Campus, if you can stand night classes 6pm to 9pm, you'll like it here.. it's pretty good, alot of transfer students from the U of C and MRC, as well as alot of SAIT graduates... There's not many courses offered (options wise) but you can major in Accounting, General and Finance at this time so it isn't bad if you're into commerce. it's like a small town basically, you meet lots of new people and chances are you'll know someone that will be in the same class as you.

if you have any questions, feel free to PM me.
    Did you do the transfer program for Bachelor of Management? If so, how do you like it? What is your major? Almost done?

I'm going to be finished SAIT in December and seriously considered doing the night class thing. But I can't see myself going to two years of evening classes. And my time is running up with the folks, next year is going to be my 4th in post secondary and they expect to see a degree by June. I wasted 2 years at U of C so I am in a major rush. I'm going to do the correspondence through Athabasca.

Anyway, my buddy is going into his 5th year of Economics/Marketing, he speaks highly of the institution. I am sure you will enjoy your time down there.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

max, I did the same, i wasted a year and a half in computer science and transferred to management, but only got a 3.05 so i couldn't get into the the faculty and transferred to U of L. I have 14 courses left so I'll be done in 3 semesters.. I'm liking it though, I'm looking for a full time job as well in my field so It totally works out.. I'm majoring in Finance btw.

My Ride
    Honda

Management at U of L is a wicked program.
    It's what the school is known for, and the professor's are great for it.

As for night classes, I liked them alot. Most run from 6pm-9pm, and you get a break halfway through. With night classes though, they usually end a little bit early, so if you have any questions, you can get things cleared up right away.

Management at U of L is a wicked program.
    It's what the school is known for, and the professor's are great for it.

As for night classes, I liked them alot. Most run from 6pm-9pm, and you get a break halfway through. With night classes though, they usually end a little bit early, so if you have any questions, you can get things cleared up right away.
    awesome, im doing general management next year

i heard U of L takes alot of willpower if you want things to get done (especially if your on res), ive just been told its the biggest party school ever

you know you can do a general management degree in calgary campus too right?

you know you can do a general management degree in calgary campus too right?
    yup, but thats no fun... id probly drop out just because of the commute and living with my parents. University is supposed to be a remembered experiance is it not?

My Ride
    2010 GLK350 4MATIC, 2006 SLK350

What does U of L stand for?
    I really don't know...

Yeah you're right, I guess it priorities are also different for everyone.. to each their own

Originally posted by Wildcat

yup, but thats no fun... id probly drop out just because of the commute and living with my parents. University is supposed to be a remembered experiance is it not?

I can't really speak for the whole school....
    All I can say is that their science department is brutal. The guidance counsellor doesn't have a clue, and the professor's don't give you any support when you need it. At U of L, each department has their own counsellor, professor's, etc.... Just as long as you aren't taking science, you should be fine.
    Absolutly not. Trust me, I felt the exact same way you did after my 1st year, but you would feel the same if not worse at any other university. The U of L treats you less like a number than any university in western canada. I'm so glad UBC required calculus after 1st year , otherwise I would have transfered there after my first year.

To everyone else, the science department at the U of L is not shit, I'm starting my 4th year next year, it is without a doubt the best place in canada to get a Bsc in neuroscience.
    "Its because they're stupid, that's why. That's why everyone does everything."

My Ride
    Noodle

I like the school, I am talking Management Information Systems there and I find it good, sometimes in the lectures, more for the first year classes, you can feel a bit like a number but in the labs for sure you know your teacher, and there is no problem getting them for help

My Ride
    A Pearl Diamond

I think I'm heading into finance, anyone in that at the calgary campus?

My Ride
    A Pearl Diamond

max, I did the same, i wasted a year and a half in computer science and transferred to management, but only got a 3.05 so i couldn't get into the the faculty and transferred to U of L. I have 14 courses left so I'll be done in 3 semesters.. I'm liking it though, I'm looking for a full time job as well in my field so It totally works out.. I'm majoring in Finance btw.
    I got a 3.3 gpa transferring to the University of Calgary but they didn'nt let in cause the cutoff was 3.4 or something so that's why I'm decieding to go to U of L. I want my degree quick and don't want to spend all my life in school!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast