Quantcast
Mass Effect - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Mass Effect

b_t is offline b_t is a huge nag (2019 friendly)
    My Ride
    FC3S 10AE / Tacoma

Exclamation Mass Effect

I can't believe there isn't a thread for this here yet. Best RPG to come out since probably Final Fantasy VII. Gears of War combat + intense convo system + intense story and writing + Canadian developer = complete awesome.

For me, it is my #2 most favorite game of all time right behind Half Life 2 (with Ep1 & 2 included). Absolutely fantastic.

My Ride
    FC3S 10AE / Tacoma

It definitely has a lot of flaws... ever time I jump in the Mako especially I think about them, the load times suck, etc. but I can deal with that, but the actual story is the most gripping one I have found since MGS3 but it is told just as well as the one in Half Life. I just wish they spent another five or six months developing it so all the niggles could have been fixed.

I should pick this up, i bought assassins creed, i've played 2 hours of that and cant get into it AT ALL ... which is a shame i was really into it watching the previews and stuff
    Originally posted by Mibz
    She's already exhibiting signs of turning into my Mom, I need some sort of legal recourse if a full-blown transformation occurs.

My Ride
    TLX

Originally posted by 403Gemini
    I should pick this up, i bought assassins creed, i've played 2 hours of that and cant get into it AT ALL ... which is a shame i was really into it watching the previews and stuff
    I played assassin's creed for around 4-5 hours and got bored too, it's way too repetitive for me.

As for mass effect, I'm never able to play a game for more than a few hours (besides Forza 2) and with mass effect, I'm about 11 hours in now and I can't stop

Originally posted by KK07

I played assassin's creed for around 4-5 hours and got bored too, it's way too repetitive for me.

As for mass effect, I'm never able to play a game for more than a few hours (besides Forza 2) and with mass effect, I'm about 11 hours in now and I can't stop
    Thats what my buddy said too, he played assassins creed for upwards of 6-7 hours and all hes doing is these tedious missions and saving a couple civilians. I really expected a Hitman style game except set during the crusades

I heard mass effect is bioware's knights of the old republic, without lucas arts breathing down their necks so they were free to do whatever.

Sounds effing sweet to me!
    She's already exhibiting signs of turning into my Mom, I need some sort of legal recourse if a full-blown transformation occurs.

My Ride
    FC3S 10AE / Tacoma

Bioware did do the original Knights of the Old Republic man... it has a lot of the same positives but a better combat system and I like their universe better, honestly. I've spent a lot of time just reading the Codex (which is a big mass of information you don't need to know but is nice to know anyway).

I beat it last night. All I gotta say about the ending - go in with 10 points in either charm or intimidate and you will see how truly badass this game can be. You NEED 10 points tho

Play one hour at a time and don't follow the story too close. It is much better that way.

Originally posted by b_t
    Bioware did do the original Knights of the Old Republic man... it has a lot of the same positives but a better combat system and I like their universe better, honestly. I've spent a lot of time just reading the Codex (which is a big mass of information you don't need to know but is nice to know anyway).

I beat it last night. All I gotta say about the ending - go in with 10 points in either charm or intimidate and you will see how truly badass this game can be. You NEED 10 points tho
    Not much oif a spoiler. I figure, like Uncharted, I will be playing this game through many times.

Originally posted by b_t

what i meant was this is the game bioware WANTED knights of the old republic to be like, but was limited to what they could do/use from lucas arts

damn i thought i ordered this through dell and all of a sudden theres no recollection for it?... theres nothing on my dell account, or on my cc, weird, it just dissappeared, fucking gay, i would buy it for $45 but not for $60, got too much stuff on the go to pay full price to sit on the back burner, still have COD4 unopened or touched..

My Ride
    Honda CRV

better get on that COD4. It's a sweeeeet game.

My Ride
    Honda CRV

To the OP, how long did it take you to finish this game?

My Ride
    FC3S 10AE / Tacoma

Only 12 hours first time through. I did a few side quests, but I still had over two dozen side quests left at the end of the game. If I did all those and explored all the planets it would have taken more like 20.

Usually I like games that are right around the 10 hour mark because I don't have lots of time to spend on gaming anymore, but honestly, I wanted this game to go on and on and on for at least another 10 in the main quest. It was too good to end, but its just the first part of a trilogy! So I'm excited to see what's next.

Originally posted by b_t
    Only 12 hours first time through. I did a few side quests, but I still had over two dozen side quests left at the end of the game. If I did all those and explored all the planets it would have taken more like 20.

Usually I like games that are right around the 10 hour mark because I don't have lots of time to spend on gaming anymore, but honestly, I wanted this game to go on and on and on for at least another 10 in the main quest. It was too good to end, but its just the first part of a trilogy! So I'm excited to see what's next.
    They're making 2 more? sweet! It'd be cool if you could impliment your character into the sequels!

My Ride
    a minivan, a maxima, and a KLR

This game looks awesome. If anyone wants to part with their copy, send me a PM

My Ride
    FC3S 10AE / Tacoma

A guy named copynpaste is selling one in the video game section right now man, he might still have it.

My Ride
    FC3S 10AE / Tacoma

They're making 2 more? sweet! It'd be cool if you could impliment your character into the sequels!
    No kidding.. honestly I quite grew to like Shepherd over the course of the game, but that was mostly because he WAS me. It was the most involving game like that I've played (ahead of even HL2). I want my whole party to transfer over to the next one. Except Tali, she was annoying and I never once used her in my party.

My Ride
    Civic SI / Ducati Monster

Fuck....
    Just got back from Future Shop, I was finally able to grab this game, since all my papers and assignments are done!
    So I got home, put the cd in, play for about 10 minutes, then the screen freezes, then I get the RRoD

I guess I'm waiting another month to play this game...

My Ride
    FC3S 10AE / Tacoma

Originally posted by 2000_SI
    Fuck....
    Just got back from Future Shop, I was finally able to grab this game, since all my papers and assignments are done!
    So I got home, put the cd in, play for about 10 minutes, then the screen freezes, then I get the RRoD

I guess I'm waiting another month to play this game...
    If you want to start playing right away I have a nice new refurb 360 here I am selling Really, Mass Effect must be played, and played now.

I tried going against Benezia right as my rookie spectre mission. No spoiler, but find the lost Asari, defeat the pirate stronghold, and then explore Ferus or you will be very frustrated.

A few nights ago I hit a bug that caused me to re-do about an hour of progess. Ugh.

So awesome though. Land on an alien world and look around. Amazing sunsets, meteor showers.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast