Quantcast
What's this "1-18-08" aka Cloverfield Movie?? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What's this "1-18-08" aka Cloverfield Movie??

Default What's this "1-18-08" aka Cloverfield Movie??

I've been reading and reading, and there's a big hype about this movie created by J.J. Abrams who is the creator of Lost.

I must say this marketing technique has worked on me, and I can't wait to see it!

Youtube link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvNkG...eature=related

More info:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cloverfield

http://www.1-18-08.com - Contains snapshots taken at various times in the film. New photos are being added every once in a while. As of July 27, 2007, the snapshots can now be flipped over by dragging them back and forth rapidly, and some of them have messages written on the backs.

EDIT: The last pic of the face of the girl, if you cut and past her face the left side with the right side, it makes a whole face of the person...

Very... earryyy and strange... Eeeps!

(If anyone can read Japanese please post what the messages say!)

Teaser at Apple

EDIT: In this trailer by the Statue of Liberty head and can clearly see a sign with grafitti written on it "Dead Dead"

EDIT:

It's called Clovertown now??
    Last edited by Bimmer88; 11-29-2007 at 01:50 AM.

My Ride
    1991 CRX, sir.

Monster movie, or so I'd imagine. Looks interesting. I'm a big fan of Lost, so I'll probably check this one out in the theatre.

My Ride
    04 EP3'

this was the movie at the beginning
    of the transformers movie

My Ride
    CBR600RR

Very clever marketing is what it is.
    In reference to Rob Anders:
    Originally posted by ZenOps
    Hes not really that bad...

My Ride
    14 fit, 11 Ridgeline, 12 outlander

ya there is alot hype surrounding this movie go over to imdb.com to answer most of your questions, what ive got so far is that its a godzilla-esque movie in one of the trailers you can see the monster and in another something happens to a girl behind the curtain which no one seems to have the answer too.... all in all it looks like its going to either be a real gooder or a piece of crap and it better not be one of those movies where you go the whole movie without seeing the monster...
    Originally posted by Unknown303
    Everything makes me upset.
    Originally posted by Mibz
    Nonsense. You've all got slanty eyes, play Starcraft, speak Chinese and eat nothing but sushi and ginger beef.

DON'T TRY AND CONVINCE ME OTHERWISE

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/181954/wh...-january-18th/ ... should be good .. but the movie that comes out the week after is going to be better .. Rambo

Honestly i think the whole blair-witch marketing style was a great idea, but i dont really like movies shot like that. No it doesnt make me dizy and get motion sickness.... it just bugs me cause it seems like a directors easy way out of having to spend any real $ to make a "good movie."

Like lets face it, i could toss a camera down a flight of stairs and say a monster is after me too...
    She's already exhibiting signs of turning into my Mom, I need some sort of legal recourse if a full-blown transformation occurs.

My Ride
    957,958,NC1,NC3,E90,ITR

Originally posted by 403Gemini
    Honestly i think the whole blair-witch marketing style was a great idea, but i dont really like movies shot like that. No it doesnt make me dizy and get motion sickness.... it just bugs me cause it seems like a directors easy way out of having to spend any real $ to make a "good movie."

Like lets face it, i could toss a camera down a flight of stairs and say a monster is after me too...
    what do you consider a real movie? spending $300 million on special effects like spiderman 3 and the matrix 2/3?

Originally posted by gpomp
    what do you consider a real movie? spending $300 million on special effects like spiderman 3 and the matrix 2/3?
    touche those were garbage haha. you know what i mean tho, just seems like an easy way to pull people in and not really need to do anything else. look how low budget blair witch project was and how poor the acting was, but then when you think of the profit they made its sick.
    She's already exhibiting signs of turning into my Mom, I need some sort of legal recourse if a full-blown transformation occurs.

Yeh it's the marketing.... lol but I better hope this movie is freaking amazing!

My Ride
    08 Civc LX, 03 Durango, 11 Duramax

Its the new godzilla.

My Ride

I don't know how many of you guys are old enough to remember how "Independence Day" was marketed, but they built up amazing hype for that flick as well. Looking back, i mean, Lone Starr was the f'ing president of the US, but still, the MARKETING was good.

My Ride
    FA5

Pretty eerie but i'm sold...ill be seeing this movie in theatres

The postcard with the asian chef on it...the back is a recipe..probably for the food he was showing off on the front...I can only read the last three ingredients...wine, sugar, and something along the lines of "honey of the ocean floor" not sure what the real name is..oh and chicken appears twice on the ingredients list haha

touche those were garbage haha. you know what i mean tho, just seems like an easy way to pull people in and not really need to do anything else. look how low budget blair witch project was and how poor the acting was, but then when you think of the profit they made its sick.
    and how the stupid hand held cam made me throw up after 30 min into the movie and how this movie will be the same

Originally posted by Bimmer88
    Yeh it's the marketing.... lol but I better hope this movie is freaking amazing!
    Go into the movie with the expectation of probably not finding out what the "creature" actually is or a clear shot of what it looks like.

Dont get me wrong, im going to see it, i think it's an awesome idea.

My Ride
    2017 Highlander XLE, 09 WRX STi

Personally I think not seeing the monster throughout a movie is better than seeing it, because (for me) whenever I see the "monster" I feel disappointed.

e.g. monster/alien from signs, and the monster from the movie "the village"

My Ride
    obnoxious bikess.

Originally posted by IncredibleToad
    Pretty eerie but i'm sold...ill be seeing this movie in theatres

The postcard with the asian chef on it...the back is a recipe..probably for the food he was showing off on the front...I can only read the last three ingredients...wine, sugar, and something along the lines of "honey of the ocean floor" not sure what the real name is..oh and chicken appears twice on the ingredients list haha

Hahaha
    were talking about this on msn last night, when i saw transformers or 300 i think, i saw the quick trailer that had no details, made me really want to know what it was for! good marketing for sure.

Originally posted by eb0i
    Personally I think not seeing the monster throughout a movie is better than seeing it, because (for me) whenever I see the "monster" I feel disappointed.

e.g. monster/alien from signs, and the monster from the movie "the village"
    thats because m. night shamlahan (however you spell his last name!) has a horrible imagination for things like creature design.

And the village didnt even have monsters!!!

I think overall creativity died in the 80's. After Alien, The Thing, and Predator, really sci fi movies just took a dive. Species wasnt a horrible concept either - reasonable creature design just imo its better to have actual models than crappy special effects.

I saw the movie mist last night and was rather impressed with the design of the mosnters. The tenticals at the beginning were horribly animated lol but i thought the larger creatures that you could hardly make out in the mist were freaking awesome (so to a degree i agree with eb0i that i dont need to actually see the monster but see maybe an outline of it, its size, etc)
    Last edited by 403Gemini; 11-30-2007 at 11:04 AM.

thats because m. night shamlahan (however you spell his last name!) has a horrible imagination for things like creature design.

And the village didnt even have monsters!!!
    The Village was a TERRIBLE movie

What a retarded story line.

Originally posted by sputnik

The Village was a TERRIBLE movie

What a retarded story line.
    "What a twist!'

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast