Quantcast
Accident Question - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Accident Question

Default Accident Question

Hi guys i just need some opinions of what i should do in this accident,

I got into an accident on tuesday and touched the rear bumper of another vehicle, there was no damage (probaly a fingernail size scratch), they took all my info except for the drivers liscense and they never gave me there info . They told me becuase i hit them they dont have to give there information.

So today i got a call from the police station to come and file a accident report. I was wondering what i should do?

Thank you.

My Ride
    Indian Scout

Go to the station and file an accident report.

My Ride
    X3

Remember to always take down their info next time. You never know what they are going to try to claim out of it...whether it's a finger nail sized scratch or "my neck hurts"; there are crazy people out there.

Go to the station and tell your side of the story in the report.

ok thanks for the info guys

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

when an accident happens, drivers exchange info, not i give you mine and such. if things goto court, you have to be able to proove who was the driver and such. you have every right to get thier info in return.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

yea, but the lady was being a pain in the ass. She would'nt even give anything. I took pics of the car and and the rear bumper, the only thing i wrote down was the licsense plate. Thats all i could get. Her son was the one who was driving. And she wasnt there when the incident happened.

I thought you have to report it to the police if damages were over $1000?

Dude. I would have never given anything withing getting some info back in return...

If she's being a pain in the ass at the time of the incident. Call the cops. That should loosen that stick and it should slide out of her ass.

Yea i guess i should have done that. Lesson learned.

Do you guys think i should tell my insurance company about the accident?

yeah that sucks, sometimes in these situations you dont know how to fully react until afterwards and then it's too late. I would've bitched her out though, saying it's bs. good luck with it though
    Mr. Peanut (Niel): George... I win

Do you guys think it would make any difference if i showed the pictures of the vehicles?

My Ride
    X3

If you deal with this between the two parties (i.e. not getting insurance involved), it would be a cash exchange basically. I don't know if she would though...sounds like she's not up for negotiations. Oh well, it's worth the shot. Whenever you call your insurance, be aware that your premiums will go up. That's the way it is.

As for the pictures, I'm not sure if they will take that into account too much. I had my first accident a month ago, and my insurance said that they would prefer if I take my car to a shop where they can get "professional" shots of the damage. I think that's retarded. It's not like I'm going to photoshop the images or anything. Geez. Anyway, that's what I experienced.

My Ride
    POS

Originally posted by Pihsiak
    Dude. I would have never given anything withing getting some info back in return...

If she's being a pain in the ass at the time of the incident. Call the cops. That should loosen that stick and it should slide out of her ass.
    I would of called the cops if she was being such a bitch. There could be many reasons why she wasn't willing to give hers such as she doesn't have insurance. The cards would change instantly if that were the case.

My Ride
    a wrx.

Originally posted by topmade

I would of called the cops if she was being such a bitch. There could be many reasons why she wasn't willing to give hers such as she doesn't have insurance. The cards would change instantly if that were the case.
    Maybe her son wasn't insured to be driving or something.

That bitch made you her bitch by calling all the shots and making you give your info while she withheld hers. Next time you're in this situation, grab your balls, give em a good wrench, and make sure you don't let some old manbitch fuck you in the ass.

lol, i'll keep that in mind if it happens again.

could i just tell the cops that it never happened? or say it happened in a parking lot? cuz there were no witnesses. The stupid bitch thought that she knew everything that happened. Only here son and his little brother were in the car at that time.

I guess he might not have been insured at the time, thats maybe why she didnt want to give anything.

Thanks again for the info guys

Don't lie when you report it - if you start to bullshit you could end up with far worse troubles.
    Originally posted by 01RedDX

Eye for an eye should apply to both, like if you raped a cat, you would get raped by a bigger cat. Counselling doesn't work on animal rapists you clown.

My Ride
    my bike

Originally posted by double_O
    could i just tell the cops that it never happened? or say it happened in a parking lot?
    bad idea to falsify a police report, it'll definitely give you more problems than it's worth.
    As far as the accident report goes, when you go fo fill it out just make sure that the information of the driver of the vehicle is the son who was actually driving and not his mom. Something about this story sounds a bit fishy, maybe they're trying to pull a fast one.
    You may or may not get a ticket after you fill out the report, depending on the cop. It happens, you can't fight it on the grounds that they weren't there, you statement is enough.
    Call your insurance company just in case, I suspect the other party has probably already contacted theirs/yours. Not until you make a claim will it go on your record with the insurance company.

Originally posted by double_O
    could i just tell the cops that it never happened? or say it happened in a parking lot?
    Curious, what would it matter if it was in a parking lot. You're new here, so you probably haven't seen the 10,000 topics about accidents in parking lots and how 50/50 is in reality a myth.

In the case of the OP, even if the guy you rear ended didnt have insurance "The cards would change instantly if that were the case. " - is not true. You're still liable since you hit them.

My best advice, is deal with this privately. Do anything you can to deal with a small scratch privately. Its not worth this going through insurance to increase your premium, but ultimately they have control of the situation because in the end, you hit them.
    She's already exhibiting signs of turning into my Mom, I need some sort of legal recourse if a full-blown transformation occurs.

My Ride
    Buffalo Truck & An Angry Kitty

Originally posted by TC2002
    Whenever you call your insurance, be aware that your premiums will go up. That's the way it is.

Not (always) true.....

If you have a broker that you can trust, call them up and ask their opinion on the situation. As a lot of people have already said the best course of action here is probably to deal with it outside of insurance.

Whatever you do, DO NOT lie on the collision report (or to the adjuster for that matter). You can land in a world of shit.
    "Masked Bandit is a gateway drug for frugal spending." - Unknown303

Originally posted by Masked Bandit

Not (always) true.....

If you have a broker that you can trust, call them up and ask their opinion on the situation. As a lot of people have already said the best course of action here is probably to deal with it outside of insurance.

Whatever you do, DO NOT lie on the collision report (or to the adjuster for that matter). You can land in a world of shit.
    Indeed, lying on a police report is bad news. You can be charged hard for it.
    She's already exhibiting signs of turning into my Mom, I need some sort of legal recourse if a full-blown transformation occurs.

(obviously kidding here...)

You should make a claim that they backed into you and then took off before you could get their information.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast