Quantcast
Accident on Old Banff Coach Road... Racing! - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Accident on Old Banff Coach Road... Racing!

My Ride
    2011 Subaru Impreza

Default Accident on Old Banff Coach Road... Racing!

I just got back from visitin some showhomes up in Cougar Ridge.. and on the way back, these two old cars were swirving and bouncing through traffic.. Old Banff is a pretty straight road, two lanes coming into the city from Cougar Ridge.. an older generation (I think like, 88 or 89) cuts off the guy in the next lane, and pedal to the metal right past me (I'd estimate he was going about 90-95 on a road listed for 60). Then comes his buddies (two teenaged girls.. prolly like 20ish) in a white geo or paseo or something, trying to do the same thing, swirves from behind my vehicle, cuts off the hyundai in the next lane. She loses control, smashes into a deep curb, hops onto the sidewalk, hits a light pole, and spins into a retaining wall (attached to a house). The two girls had to be taken away on stretchers.. the car looked really old.. but the air bags didnt deply, even though it was smashed in rough shape. They are screwed because all the witnesses saw them racing. The pole coulda split the car in half it they hit dead on.

Pretty crazy, because all these people started to gather.. it was really loud.. Its a good thing it happened there, because about 200 yards away, woulda been a playground, full of kids.
    The driver of the civic was a lebonese guy wearing a wife beater, and actin like he was while filling out the incident report.. Im suprised, because after the accident, the dude pulled a U-turn, and went back.. with all those witnesses, he's screwed too. The cops were checkin out his car afterwards.. searching for something.
    Last edited by izzoblitzo; 08-12-2003 at 09:33 PM.

My Ride
    cd7 coupe

Default Re: Accident on Old Banff Coach Road... Racing!

Originally posted by izzoblitzo

The driver of the civic was a lebonese guy wearing a wife beater
    Wat the hell is that??

My Ride
    UA6

Default Re: Re: Accident on Old Banff Coach Road... Racing!

Originally posted by Mx6GtTurbo

Wat the hell is that??
    what the hell is what?

My Ride
    2011 Subaru Impreza

exactly, the guy driving the civic, happened to be lebonese (Im pretty sure of that.. went to a school that had a majority). Coincidence, maybe.. and theres nothing racial tensions implied at all. It just so happens that this guy was involved in an accident, whether directly, or indirectly, but in the end, comes back to the scene, with a possibility of getting caught (there were alotta witnesses) but still actin all hardcore about it. Im pretty sure he'll fill out the incident report without acknowleding what they were doing, whether they knew each other or not.. maybe for insurance purposes I dont know.. but Im pretty sure the witnesses filling out their forms wont be filling it out the same way..

haha you don't know what a wife beater is LOL

its those trashy sleeveless tops that guys wear...you know the shrits with no sleeves that rednecks wear while working on their trucks and having they beer belly hanging out of...hope you know now

My Ride
    13 Scion FR-S, 11 Mitsu Outlander

Dude - he was WEARING a wife beater - its a muscle shirt.

And I think anyone describing the driver would have been "And this big fat white kid got out" or maybe "the shortest black kid I ever seen" or maybe "this crazy asian wearing a purple leisure suit got out".

I mean, its a story - descriptive narratives are good, not racial.

Khyron

My Ride
    O.P.P.

Originally posted by cocoabrova
    Great story, but you could've done without the racial generalization You could've said, "The driver of the civic was wearing a wife beater, and actin like he was while filling out the incident report.."
    BTW: Lebanese<---correct spelling

My Ride
    2011 Subaru Impreza

hmm.. good points well taken

but its true though.. depends on the person, depends on the situation. These days in ages, people will pick you apart.. especially when everything on a forum is down in writing. Like, if you saw micheal jordan on the street, but didnt know his name or anything, only that he was famous somehow.. for something.. how would you describe him to your friends? well, you didnt know he played ball.. you coulda just said he was tall, or that he had a bald head... but that he was also 'black' doesnt pop into anyone's head? Like, its not like Im bashing the guy or anything, it just so happened thats what he looked like. And Im describing what I saw, a lebanese guy, wearing a wife beater (or undershirt, whatever) who happened to be actin pimp after an accident. I didnt say anything like, he was a grungy stinky man with a temper.. I didnt 'see' any of that. If he was a black guy that looked like LLCOOLJ, I'd sure as hell say that!! Just a description, nothing else. And being asian, a visable minority, I know what its like when people use your race as the first description.. but thats because besides the person's sex, color is the next obvious thing we see.

My Ride
    O.P.P.

Originally posted by Khyron
    Dude - he was WEARING a wife beater - its a muscle shirt.

And I think anyone describing the driver would have been "And this big fat white kid got out" or maybe "the shortest black kid I ever seen" or maybe "this crazy asian wearing a purple leisure suit got out".

I mean, its a story - descriptive narratives are good, not racial.

Khyron
    Yeah, I accidentally erased "wearing" I know what a wifebeater is
    I know it's a story, maybe YOU use racial generalizations, I mean desriptions, in your stories, but one wasn't needed in this case, was it?? The plot of the story is a major accident taking place while street racing.....Or maybe it's what the drivers of the vehicles involved looked like

My Ride
    90hp beast

Looks like another case of.... TERMINAL UNDERSTEER

My Ride
    13 Scion FR-S, 11 Mitsu Outlander

Well then by your reasoning we shouldn't mention if the driver was male or female - that would be ...what? Generalizing based on gender? Oh and we better not mention how old the driver was (he was 70+ or he looked about 12) - that's ageism.

So the PC version would be:

I just got back from visitin some showhomes up in "Older-ladies who like young boys" Ridge.. and on the way back, these two vehicles were swerving and bouncing through traffic.. Old Banff is a pretty straight road, two lanes coming into the city from Cougar Ridge.. an older generation (I think like, 88 or 89) cuts off the person in the next lane, and pedal to the metal right past me (I'd estimate that driver was going about 90-95 on a road listed for 60). Then comes the drivers buddies (two humans.. prolly like 5-95ish) in a white geo or paseo or something, trying to do the same thing, swirves from behind my vehicle, cuts off the hyundai in the next lane. Driver loses control, smashes into a deep curb, hops onto the sidewalk, hits a light pole, and spins into a retaining wall (attached to a house). The two people had to be taken away on stretchers.. the car looked really old.. but the air bags didnt deply, even though it was smashed in rough shape. They are screwed because all the witnesses saw them racing. The pole coulda split the car in half it they hit dead on.

Pretty crazy, because all these people started to gather.. it was really loud.. Its a good thing it happened there, because about 200 yards away, woulda been a playground, full of people who attend school.

The driver of the civic was wearing a wife beater, and actin like he was a proprieter of hoes, while filling out the incident report.. Im suprised, because after the accident, the driver pulled a U-turn, and went back.. with all those witnesses, that person's screwed too. The cops were checkin out the car afterwards.. searching for something.
    Happy?

Khyron

My Ride
    Nissan 300zx, Lexus IS300

*L* khyron the funny guy.. hahaha...

I saw that on the way home. looked pretty nasty. and yes, I slowed down enough to see the 'lebanese' guy filing papers on the hood of his car. I think he's in alot of crap, because the the cops were pulling all kinds of stuff like a jacket and clothing outta his car. heh!

Its overgeneralization. just tried to describe a whole bunch. spur of the moment. I its a win/lose situation... his buddy crashes, so he goes back to make sure they're okay, but at the same time, the guy might get in crap with all those people that watched whatever happened.

Its one thing to point fingers and 'asume'.. but describing the accident scene, even when sometimes describing race with a description, although not necessary.. still describes the scene. I dont think thats wrong.

If a bank gets robbed, people will describe a man/woman of ____ decent.. because they are talking about the robbery suspect. But in this case, a person involved was a lebonese man in a wife beater and two girls in the car.

izzo, dont you just love it when people pick out everything you say!?

My Ride
    O.P.P.

From the looks of your quoted post, I guess you must've spent some time editing his orig. post... Sorry I didn't actually read your superb editing job, I had to go and take a piss (my time was better spent THIS way I think). Ahh, there's no point trying to put up a defense, you can't teach an old dog new tricks, huh

My Ride
    O.P.P.

Originally posted by unibrain
    *L* khyron the funny guy.. hahaha...

I saw that on the way home. looked pretty nasty. and yes, I slowed down enough to see the 'lebanese' guy filing papers on the hood of his car. I think he's in alot of crap, because the the cops were pulling all kinds of stuff like a jacket and clothing outta his car. heh!

Its overgeneralization. just tried to describe a whole bunch. spur of the moment. I its a win/lose situation... his buddy crashes, so he goes back to make sure they're okay, but at the same time, the guy might get in crap with all those people that watched whatever happened.

Its one thing to point fingers and 'asume'.. but describing the accident scene, even when sometimes describing race with a description, although not necessary.. still describes the scene. I dont think thats wrong.

If a bank gets robbed, people will describe a man/woman of ____ decent.. because they are talking about the robbery suspect. But in this case, a person involved was a lebonese man in a wife beater and two girls in the car.

izzo, dont you just love it when people pick out everything you say!?
    Thanks for the 411 on reporting a crime TJ Hooker
    Like I said ^ ^ ^ the racial desrcription was not necessary for THIS story.....That is all

My Ride
    2011 Subaru Impreza

hey! who you talkin bout TJ hooker

well, not necessary or not, its still just a description. If it was something like a public crime or something, I would expect like a barrage... if not a public onslaught of descriptions.

UB's a good comentator! you should see him at the meets. heh.

I shoulda just said skinny middleeasterner with hairy upper body and gelled hair.

hehehe

My Ride
    Nissan 300zx, Lexus IS300

TJ HOOKER?! whats that?! hahaha.

Oh yeah, I should do hockey games.

izzo, how you holdin up? bowtrail into downtown is being repaved.. all those potruding manholes, bumpy road surface + your new 18's and low pro tires.. ouch..

'drea told me she saw you treating the sewer lids as obsticles through traffic. heh

My Ride
    Hemi, ZX6R

Let me take a stab in the dark...

Silver civic...lowerd big time on the front, front lip, momo racing seat, yellow in color, lebanese guy barely see over steering wheel, carbon fiber gauges, stickers on side of companies ex: Tein.....

That sound right? If so, know the guy, not first time this has happened.

oh ya, btw, old banff coach road, if u keep driving out of the city turns into a very windy, turny road, a favorite for people in ferraris, bimmers, etc...

My Ride
    a wrx.

new sig!

My Ride
    335i

Originally posted by izzoblitzo
    (Im pretty sure of that.. went to a school that had a majority).
    Shit....you went to Forest Lawn High too?
    Original Post NAZI Moderated

Originally posted by r3cc0s
    Felon or Mistermeiner

My Ride
    E90 335i

Originally posted by ryder_23
    lebanese guy barely see over steering wheel
    BTW, Khyron, great translation!

This thread is getting off topic and about to go further: I'm still trying to figure out how one can sit so low in a car (I've seen this guy before). I'm 6" tall so not exactly towering but no matter how far I recline the seat or slouch I can't get my head to steering wheel height. Do I need to be 5'3"? Or do I need a new technique?
    George likes his Kung Pao spicy!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast