Quantcast
Lung Cancer and Sheesha - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Lung Cancer and Sheesha

Default Lung Cancer and Sheesha

I'm a 19 year old male, and I smoked sheesha for about a period of a year (I quit about a month ago). By a year, I mean that I would go about once a week to a sheesha bar and smoke maybe 1 or 2 bowls between about 4 of us. Anyways, I'm probably being a little paranoid but I'm wondering how significantly this can contribute to my risk of developing lung cancer down the road if I never touch any sort of smoking material ever again?

My Ride
    Blue boy

You only live once, I smoke a bowl a day, been doing it for a while now.

My Ride
    Upass

exactly.. smoke all the shit you want. lifes short as it is anyways.

My Ride
    2004 Legacy 2.0GT wagon

KEEP SMOKIN! tobacco is a dirty habit tho i suggest you switch to something better

My Ride
    Subaru Outback

You are being paranoid.

What's done is done. I would take some comfort knowing that the odds of you dying in a car accident are exponentially higher than developing lung cancer......especially considering you "only" smoked for one year, once a week.

Originally posted by ITR420
    KEEP SMOKIN! tobacco is a dirty habit tho i suggest you switch to something better

Originally posted by rage2
    #1: don't ever question me.

Last edited by kaput; 03-27-2019 at 01:09 AM.

Hahahah good one...ass

My Ride
    Upass

Hahah fuck you arian

Oh you fucking asshole.

lol weee - right when i noticed the picture changing i covered my eyes -

Since no one else wants to talk about the elephant in the room I will. Your life is ruined, and you'll die exactly 18 years and 42 days earlier than you would have had you not smoked for that year. Sorry.

My Ride
    87 lude'

Originally posted by GQBalla
    lol weee - right when i noticed the picture changing i covered my eyes -
    LOL what are you 6?

oh and abotut he smokeing thing all depends on your genes, your health all that. Knew a guy who died at 21 of lung cancer so whos knows
    Last edited by grrrouch; 12-02-2007 at 09:08 PM.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

A friend of mine was diagnosed with lung cancer at 18 from smoking for a short amount of time, and I know a guy who got lung cancer at 19 from smoking just sheesha ...

My Ride
    05 Outback 2.5xt

Asshole!

My Ride
    04 Rsx-s,07 Frontier, 11 ss/rs

I'm a believer in genetics playing a large role in cancer.
    If somebody in your family died early as a result, you might want to think twice.
    I don't see the thrill in it, but obviously you do.
    You could eat healthy, not smoke, and get killed in an accident as mentioned earlier.
    Or...
    You could continue to smoke and get lung cancer or throat cancer, or even liver cancer at age 44.
    It's a gamble for sure.
    It's not the 50's here, we know the truth. I'm curious as to what spiked the concern after one year?

My Ride
    a wrx.

Default Re: Lung Cancer and Sheesha

Originally posted by nodoubtt
    I'm a 19 year old male, and I smoked sheesha for about a period of a year (I quit about a month ago). By a year, I mean that I would go about once a week to a sheesha bar and smoke maybe 1 or 2 bowls between about 4 of us. Anyways, I'm probably being a little paranoid but I'm wondering how significantly this can contribute to my risk of developing lung cancer down the road if I never touch any sort of smoking material ever again?
    You're smart to be worried about your health and taking care of yourself. Fuck all the people telling you otherwise. They couldn't care less about how healthy you are. They just try to recruit other people into leading a shitty life so they can feel better about their own shitty lives. Fuck em.

Yes, tobacco smoke is a major cause of lung cancer, and yes there are genetic factors that play into it as well, but even someone with "good genes" are still adversely affected by smoking. You won't really know what your own susceptibility is unless you try it, so why tempt fate over something so trivial? Life is short, so why make it even shorter?

Lung cancer isn't actually the only thing to worry about with smoking...nearly every organ system can be affected by smoking, like your heart, lungs, kidneys, skin, GI tract...the list goes on. Ask nismodrifter (med student) to chime in on this thread. That guy can tell you that nearly every single disease he learns about has smoking as a risk factor and that one of the most common quotes he reads in his notes regarding treatment is "STOP SMOKING."

My Ride
    women nuts

i made doo doo in my shorts

Default Re: Re: Lung Cancer and Sheesha

Originally posted by GTS Jeff

You're smart to be worried about your health and taking care of yourself. Fuck all the people telling you otherwise. They couldn't care less about how healthy you are. They just try to recruit other people into leading a shitty life so they can feel better about their own shitty lives. Fuck em.

Yes, tobacco smoke is a major cause of lung cancer, and yes there are genetic factors that play into it as well, but even someone with "good genes" are still adversely affected by smoking. You won't really know what your own susceptibility is unless you try it, so why tempt fate over something so trivial? Life is short, so why make it even shorter?

Lung cancer isn't actually the only thing to worry about with smoking...nearly every organ system can be affected by smoking, like your heart, lungs, kidneys, skin, GI tract...the list goes on. Ask nismodrifter (med student) to chime in on this thread. That guy can tell you that nearly every single disease he learns about has smoking as a risk factor and that one of the most common quotes he reads in his notes regarding treatment is "STOP SMOKING."

I smoke, but I don't necessarily enjoy it. Everyday I try to quit and I have seriously cut down. I would say genes have a pretty good factor. My grandpa has been smoking since he was 12. He is now 89 and still pretty healthy. Only thing that is going is he is starting to loose his memory (Alzheimer's). My dad is 50 and has been smoking since he was 15, and is still healthy. Genes or something...

By no means am I telling you to start smoking, DON'T SMOKE! It costs lots of money, and is just a hassle I wish I never started. I don't even know why I started. It is a stupid habit and I hate every moment, but its hard to quit. Most people start, saying it is easy to quit, or "I don't have an addictive personality." I said that in the beginning and look at me now. Like I said though I have cut down to probably maybe 2 smokes a day at most.

Good job for being paranoid about your health. It is a good thing, but I wouldn't be too worried. You only smoked once a week for a year, and sheesha doesn't have nearly the amount of chemicals than cigarettes (at least thats what I have heard.) Plus I remember when I was in Junior High we had these people come in and talk to us about smoking, and said that your lungs can recover over time. Not sure if that one is true, but yeah, I wouldn't lose sleep over it.

Stick to pot, at least you get something out of it...
    Last edited by Spoons; 12-03-2007 at 09:59 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast