Quantcast
Which truck? Toyota, Dodge, Other? - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: Which truck? Toyota, Dodge, Other?

My Ride
    2010 Chev Camaro (S); 1998 Buick Century (W)

toyota has camshaft , tail gate, torque converter, driveshaft problems.........

www.pickuptrucks.com

goto heavy duty shoot out to see the clear winner!

i work at cmp and we have ton of clearance goiing on!!

pm NOW! for the best price n the truck! CHEVY n GMC!!!

for diesel i have two words DURAMAX n ALLISON!!!

enuff said!

b_t is offline b_t is a huge nag (2019 friendly)
    My Ride
    FC3S 10AE / Tacoma

The SVT Lightning and Dakota are the two top rated trucks on that site so I wouldn't call it a very accurate source for any kind of buying decision.

My Ride
    GMC Sierra

If you are going to be towing regularly don't even consider a gasser, they can't even come close to a diesel. I tow a 10,000lbs cat on a 7,000lbs trailer and can do 120km/h up the steepest inclines with my cummins. While getting much better fuel economy than any gasser. I like both the Cummins and the Duramax however I would stay away from the Powerstroke, they have had many reliability issues with their 6.0's. Buy an LBZ or a 5.9 cummins and you won't have to deal with all that new emisions crap

Originally posted by turab16
    toyota has camshaft , tail gate, torque converter, driveshaft problems.........

www.pickuptrucks.com

goto heavy duty shoot out to see the clear winner!

i work at cmp and we have ton of clearance goiing on!!

pm NOW! for the best price n the truck! CHEVY n GMC!!!

for diesel i have two words DURAMAX n ALLISON!!!

enuff said!

toyota has those problems? and the chevy didnt have no problems? toyota is desiged to last a long time. chevy is a disposable. take a look around you. if that was true GM would have been making money and known as a reliable car maker.

thats funny, I found the interior on the new Tundra the cheapest by far
    As an employee at Toyota...I can vouch for this personally. Although it does look nice...Never judge a book by its cover! I personally hate the interior. The power is wicked for a Gas truck and I personally think this truck was more aimed towards the Family Vacationers to the cabin//lake with your boat rather than a FULL on "Work" truck.
    Dodge Diesel for towing, hands down. Ive driven and experienced all the pros and cons of these trucks, PLUS Dodge has a jake brake available for that heavy duty pulling! Also forgot to mention, Dodge interiors suck if they are plane jane...Get some options; Leather, Heated seats, Sound System upgrade, power locks and windows. It makes all the difference!
    Depending on what your looking for tho....Dodge is your work horse and 60% Family Vacationer.
    The tundra is your Family Vacationer and 60% work horse
    BTW, The Dually Tundra will be unveiled sometime in late 08 early 09. Possibly sooner.

My Ride
    dulls my senses

Originally posted by HondaRice

toyota has those problems? and the chevy didnt have no problems? toyota is desiged to last a long time. chevy is a disposable. take a look around you. if that was true GM would have been making money and known as a reliable car maker.
    I love people like this who think that a company can do no wrong just because theyre based in japan. Congrats man, youre a true car guy.

And im not sure why you posted pics of that tundra dually. The thing is a piece of shit and shows how seriously toyota is taking their step into the real truck market. With a bigass 8.0L Hino diesel its only making 300hp, which is less than any of the domestics, and in true japanese fashion it still gets rolled in the torque department as well. And shifting thru a 5-speed with a two foot tall shifter? Seriously? If i was a ricer right now id point out that that toyota engine is only making 37.5 hp/L and a Duramax makes 55. But im not so ill just focus on the fact that toyota is making a joke of a segment that is probably harder to crack into than any theyve ever tried before.

"The 8.0-liter diesel engine was sourced from Toyota's affiliate Hino. The JO8E-TB Medium Duty 6 cylinder Turbo Diesel engine normally resides in Hino's 35,000 lb trucks. Power is transferred through an Eaton five-speed manual transmission to a Hino rear end with Meritor axles."
    How is that not a good truck? Maybe its just him but my boss tells me its numbers are going to the highest in a production truck and will blow away the domestic competition? Last time I checked Diesel engines (hauling/towing) never had NEARLY the same HP numbers as they did Torque numbers. Diesel trucks are not Sport trucks like the S331 or SRT10.
    Last edited by Ymerej47; 12-28-2007 at 12:53 PM.

My Ride
    dulls my senses

Its not a good powertrain because its short on the hp numbers and (as i mentioned also), the torque numbers. I never said anything about them having equal hp and torque numbers. But none of the domestics have less than 650lb-ft of torque in their six point something liter engines and this hino isnt making that in an 8.0L.

My Ride
    dulls my senses

Yay, even Toyotas ashamed of the Tundra now!

http://www.allworldauto.com/blogs/20...ame-automaker/

This is just gettin too easy.

My Ride
    GMC : S15 sierra clasic (2.8), Jimmy SLT (4.3)

duramax is where its at baby

when cut open, the rambutan unfortunately fails miserably to deviate from its outwardly testicular appearance, revealing an inside that looks for all the world exactly how you'd expect the contents of a scrotum to look.

l see new fords,,new chevs and new didges on side of the road
    chevs not a work truck ..more luxury...fords heard they have issues to...
    dodge 6.7...50/50...chance youll get truck with no issues...lots of error messages re dpf and auto tranny issues...
    new emmisions suck...what folks dont tell you is the dpf uses diesle to burn off the soot..kinda counter productive
    lota folks are ripping the dpf and egr of..belive theres code free setups now for them and gas milage increased with reports up to 25 mpg and as low as 8...most low numbers are from folks with dpf and egr still on
    2000 klms and lm lucky to get 12-14
    http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t...icture725b.jpg

so far lve been lucky
    6.7 manual 6sp
    Last edited by cancritter; 03-31-2008 at 12:25 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3