Quantcast
WTB: Canon Rebel XTI - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: WTB: Canon Rebel XTI

My Ride
    some blue car

Default WTB: Canon Rebel XTI

I've been looking around and playing with cameras for a bit now and I've decided to buy a Canon rebel XTi.
    I don't mind just running to a store and buying it for retail, but I thought i'd make a thread first because I've seen a few on the board for sale for a pretty good price.

so if you have a Canon Rebel XTi for sale, let me know what you have whether it be a bundle or just a simple 18-55 package and how much you're looking for. I'd preffer it be relatively new.

and if anyone knows where I should go to get one for retail please post that on here as well.

Thanks

My Ride
    1988 Accord, 1990 4Runner SR5

Last I checked BHphotovideo.com still had them cheaper then locally. However most places have dropped prices on them... And are pretty similar. If you just want the 18-55 kit, then just go to FS or BB and get them to Price match anywhere if you find it cheaper.

Otherwise the camera store is probably a good bet if you want something other than the 18-55 kit lens to be bundled in.

My Ride
    Hybrid

Default Re: WTB: Canon Rebel XTI

Here's how I got a good deal on mine. Broadway Camera in Vancouver is selling the body for $589. Print off this page: http://www.bccamera.com/index.php?ma...roducts_id=70, and take it to Future Shop (or best buy) and have them price match it. According to their price match policy, they'll match the price + give you 10% of the difference.

If you wait until the sale at FS is over, it'll be $750, and the difference will be $161, meaning Future Shop should sell it to you for $589 - $16 = $573.

I had phoned Broadway Camera to inquire about shipping, and they said they'll ship it to me for $20. If the clerk at Future Shop asks, tell them that.

Now that you have an XTi body, but no lens, scour the beyond for sale threads, kijiji, and craigslist for a used kit lens (or whatever you desire for a lens). I found my kit lens for $50. The difference between the XTi body and XTi kit at Broadway Camera is $150, so there's another $100 savings.

Msg me if you have any questions, and lemme know how it goes.

Cheers!

Originally posted by PureDeXteritY
    I've been looking around and playing with cameras for a bit now and I've decided to buy a Canon rebel XTi.
    I don't mind just running to a store and buying it for retail, but I thought i'd make a thread first because I've seen a few on the board for sale for a pretty good price.

so if you have a Canon Rebel XTi for sale, let me know what you have whether it be a bundle or just a simple 18-55 package and how much you're looking for. I'd preffer it be relatively new.

and if anyone knows where I should go to get one for retail please post that on here as well.

Thanks
    Last edited by Strider; 12-03-2007 at 11:09 PM.