Quantcast
Well I suppose it had to happen... ROBBED - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Well I suppose it had to happen... ROBBED

My Ride
    GD + GR WRB

Thumbs down Well I suppose it had to happen... ROBBED

So I wake up this morning to find my hood and my trunk wide open on the car.. and my sub and box stolen from the trunk. I walk around the front and see they were kind enough to take my intake and FUCKING THROTTLEBODY too.
    It looks like they were interrupted before they could get any more as the amp was unbolted but hanging from the wires.. they almost got it.
    So now I get to spend the afternoon pulling out performance parts out of a dead car that I know is probably a "work in progress".. they'll be back.
    I'm reaallllly happy this had to happen less than 15 hours before I'm supposed to get on the plane to San Fran.
    *EDIT* my roommate will be home and armed to the motherfucking teeth while I'm gone *edit*

These guys knew what I had, and where I lived, they had to know exactly what they were after... my car is an S model and has absolutely no badging that would lead one to believe it was a VTEC. So I think it was someone here or at least someone cruising this board. I suggest that people do not discuss or post anything about their cars mods here.

If you see anyone who suddenly got an h22a throttlebody be sure to pm me.. thanks you guys.
    Last edited by kevie88; 07-18-2003 at 11:23 AM.
    Bought not built!

My Ride
    a nice pair of and1's

shit, sorry to hear man, theives suck!!! btw, did you have an alarm?

My Ride
    E90 335i

Default Re: Well I suppose it had to happen... ROBBED

Originally posted by kevie88
    So I wake up this morning to find my hood and my trunk wide open on the car.. and my sub and box stolen from the trunk. I walk around the front and see they were kind enough to take my intake and FUCKING THROTTLEBODY too.
    It looks like they were interrupted before they could get any more as the amp was unbolted but hanging from the wires.. they almost got it.
    So now I get to spend the afternoon pulling out performance parts out of a dead car that I know is probably a "work in progress".. they'll be back.
    I'm reaallllly happy this had to happen less than 15 hours before I'm supposed to get on the pane to San Fran.

These guys knew what I had, and where I lived, they had to know exactly what they were after... my car is an S model and has absolutely no badging that would lead one to believe it was a VTEC. So I think it was someone here or at least someone cruising this board. I suggest that people do not discuss or post anything about their cars mods here.

If you see anyone who suddenly got an h22a throttlebody be sure to pm me.. thanks you guys.
    That's shitty man! Could it also be someone who followed you? I caught some punks following me one day, when I busted them, they hightailed it off quickly! Did you have an alarm?
    George likes his Kung Pao spicy!

My Ride
    GD + GR WRB

No alarm, but I will get one when I get back. it probably would have saved me in this case because my window was open and I would have heard it if it went off.

Bought not built!

My Ride
    13 Scion FR-S, 11 Mitsu Outlander

Damn man that sucks! (He's right next door to my parents).

Khyron

My Ride
    LEXUS LX470

that's bullshit. i hope your roomie catches them in the act and they get busted.... one way or the other
    Tap, Rack, BANG!

My Ride
    GD + GR WRB

I'd just like to catch someone doing something like this.. I would permanently cripple their legs with a baseball bat so every step they took for the rest of their lives would remind them of me.

So I guess it's better I didn't catch them.
    Bought not built!

My Ride
    MTA

Sorry to hear. I hate people who have to touch other people's property, especially the car. I hope you catch those chumps.

My Ride
    Turbos n Stuff™

I HATE THIEVES!!!!
    Travel

Say you caught a thief in your garage.... could you seroiusly hurt them and not get in trouble by the law? How far could you go?

I had my garage broken into about a year ago, and I missed them by about 5 minutes or so (they knocked over a jug of oil and it was still dripping off the counter when I pulled in), so I've always kinda wondered about that.

sorry to hear that Kev, for the people who don't have alarms, you guys should get one NOW.

its a catchy issue, personal property isnt personal safety. if someone threatens your personal safety you can defend yourself. but if someone is stealing your goods and you do serious harm to them you might be in a bad way. with that said. if someone was breaking into my car and I caught em. id beat em up bad. it all comes down to whats worth fighting for. every man has to make those choices. cause in the end you gotta look yourself in the mirror

sorry to hear about your car, people have no respect

My Ride
    Hemi, ZX6R

you should leave ur trunk and hood open like they left it, get ur roomie to watch the place...so if they drive by, they think no one is even home and come back to finish the job...when they do so, ur roomie will be ready to take action, in a legal way of course...or if ur roomie needs backup, i can round up a few people for a night of stakeout...

sorry to hear this, my friend walked out on some guys trying to break into his car, before they ran away, they gave his car a swift kick to the door. They were never caught, but he had to fix his stupid door...

My Ride

Originally posted by yankeefan
    its a catchy issue, personal property isnt personal safety. if someone threatens your personal safety you can defend yourself. but if someone is stealing your goods and you do serious harm to them you might be in a bad way. with that said. if someone was breaking into my car and I caught em. id beat em up bad. it all comes down to whats worth fighting for. every man has to make those choices. cause in the end you gotta look yourself in the mirror
    sorry to hear about your car, people have no respect
    If you catch someone in your garage, trashing your car whatever, they're going to fight when confronted - you have to ensure this happens - which means you can beat the living shit out of them.

If he's in your garage, you come roaring in catching him by surprise (just dont hit him in the back) - he'll turn around and either lay down and give up (yah right - if he does tho you can't really do anything) or raise his hands in an aggressive posture(threatening your safety). Pound him till he doesn't stand.

If he's at your car and starts running, you can give pursuit and restrain him till cops arrive. You can't use excessive force (ie, tackle him then poke his eyes out) but if you tackle him and he starts fighting you can pound him.

Just use common sense. No curbing. No spine snapping. Breaking arms and legs is ok.

Khyron

Sorry to hear Kevie

Bad things happen to good people....
    I know you don't smoke weed. I know this. But I'm gonna git you high today. 'cause it's Friday, you ain't got no job, and you ain't got shit to do!

My Ride
    Turbos n Stuff™

Originally posted by Khyron

Just use common sense. No curbing. No spine snapping. Breaking arms and legs is ok.

Khyron

No Curbing!? Awwwwww
    Travel

Originally posted by Khyron
    he'll turn around and either lay down and give up (yah right - if he does tho you can't really do anything)
    If a thief just doormatted when he was caught on my property, it'll still be one of the last fluid momevents he'll be able to make with his upper body. When the cops get there, who's to say he didn't attack me?

Thieves piss me off like nothing else. When they broke into my garage, they didn't just steal shit, but trashed a lot of stuff too. I mean, if you're not stealing it, why bother breaking it?

keivie, I hope you find these guys. Some of these shitbags in society....

My Ride

One of my instructors was a bouncer for several years and he saw a curbing once (across the street) - said it was about the nastiest things he's seen. I felt ill just hearing about it.

And yah, if he gives up I'd still thrash on him - it's just not legal. But I can handle a first-offense assault charge.

Khyron

My Ride
    2008 Z06

Sorry, to hear that. My teg was robbed from once.

I'm glad I live in the country
    Current Cars:
    2019 BMW X3 M40i Stage 2, 12.44 at 110mph
    1972 Chevy Super Cheyenne C10 Pickup 402 big block, 700R4
    2004 GMC 2500HD 8.1L

Past Cars:
    1970 Chevy Blazer, 2wd
    2003 BMW X5 4.6IS Doushmobile, moneypit
    2015 Ford Fiesta ST | Cobb Stage 1, catless downpipe
    2008 Corvette Z06 - 11.39 at 123.8mph
    2002 Corvette Z06 - 12.10 at 116.5mph
    2005 Jeep Wrangler LJ