Quantcast
Fucking morons cut our rate 0.25% - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Fucking morons cut our rate 0.25%

My Ride
    You Crazy

Default Fucking morons cut our rate 0.25%

Gawd .... I hate idiots devaluating my cash

Saying our inflation was lower then expected? Like where the fuck are these morons living?!?!?!

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/stor...DB1F574331E%7D

My Ride
    Vmax

I would like to have seen it left where it was

My Ride
    You Crazy

I bought 20k in euros a few weeks ago, and since then, our dollar has ALREADY lost 10% compared to the euro

I want to see them RAISE rates to cut this runaway inflation.

My Ride
    WAO Arrival

^^ I agree Toma. Weird.

I know it's weird, it's like we're an economy that's based heavily on exports to America or something...

My Ride
    Vmax

I hate being the USAs bitch. We can only hope that a cut in the US helpes our dollar.

The whiners out East will get thier way and its back to 85 Cents.

Originally posted by autosm
    I hate being the USAs bitch. We can only hope that a cut in the US helpes our dollar.

The whiners out East will get thier way and its back to 85 Cents.
    If we want to stop being the USA's bitch, then we just need to increase our population by 270 Million people.

Originally posted by kertejud2

If we want to stop being the USA's bitch, then we just need to increase our population by 270 Million people.
    Sadly,

My Ride
    cars

+1

When are people going to realize this?? California has about the same population as Canada.. You don't think that has a little bit of an influence on the economy of scale??

Of course with an extra 270 million you would have all the other problems that come from a more densely populated land mass..

OH and I hate to tell everyone I told you so.. But I believe in a previous post of a few weeks ago, we all knew that the Canadian dollar couldn't hold it's strength..

http://finance.yahoo.com/currency/co...CAD&amt=1&t=3m

And yes there will be more to come.. I see $.80-.85 US by spring..

b_t is offline b_t is a huge nag (2019 friendly)
    My Ride
    FC3S 10AE / Tacoma

hey, sweet pic!
    <---

My Ride
    Vmax

^^^^Working on it every night LOL

Originally posted by b_t

hey, sweet pic!
    &lt;---
    I wonder what Moordhaus's interest rate is. Afterall, its the 12th largest economy in the world.

My Ride
    Vmax

Well some economists feel that that will be changing from what I have read .

With China and India consuming more it is Canada's turn to be at par with the USA in more ways than one .

I hope this is true

Canada

With oil prices back up this morning after a dreadful explosion and fire that ripped into the Enbridge pipelines that take nearly 20% of U.S. imports of energy product from Canada to the U.S., we though that this last column should restate our bullish outlook on Canada, the driving message of our public presentations over the last several years.

We start with energy because the vast reserves of oil and natural gas in the ground will some day make Canada the world's largest supplier of fossil fuels to the world.

When the method of efficiently extracting the oil reserves from the Canadian oil sands is perfected, and that could be a few years down the road, Canada will even match or surpass the likes of Saudi Arabia and become one of the richest nations on earth because of our ability to safely produce and refine energy products whose world demand continues to grow at record levels year over year.

The world will continue to need our commodities whether the aforementioned energy products, base metals, lumber, precious metals, water, power from the likes of Quebec (and B.C. once again as more hydro is produced in the decades to come), grains from the prairies, and the list goes on.

The emersion of Asia and India onto the economic scene in the past decade has put an insatiable demand on the commodity markets that will in fact never be quelled.

Their new economies, which are infant compared to North America and those of Europe, are now showing that as they mature, both for export and now especially for internal demand, will not stop growing and will eventually take the price of all they require in these markets to price levels never before imagined.

Who in the late nineties would have thought that oil at $9 a barrel would be pushing $100 today? Or copper at 60 cent a pound in 1998 that has been over $4 this year and today trades over three.

The list is endless and includes most all the base metals used in the manufacturing of just about everything from cellular phones to electronic devices to automobiles. Base metals that come from Canada.

Gold which was just $250 per ounce back at the turn of the decade and flirted with its 1980 high of $850 is a major product of the Canadian mining industry and the demand in China and especially India has a shortfall in production trying to feed a new middle class Asian market whose demand is skyrocketing year over year.

Add to that buyers world wide that are using the yellow metal as a store of value against fiat currencies, especially the failing American dollar and in the years to come, the $800 price may look like the $35 price for an ounce of gold back in 1971.

Canada is the only country in the G-8 that does not have a budget deficit; in fact in the past 10 years where the U.S. national debt has almost doubled to over $9 trillion, Canada has actually paid off over $92 billion on our sovereign debt.

Canada is going to become the lowest taxed regime corporately in the industrialized world, with federal income tax on businesses coming down to 15% in the next five years; an invitation for industries and corporations of world to set up shop in our country.

To put it succinctly, Canada is and will more so become the darling of the investment world. We have seen it burgeon since 2002 when the Canadian dollar started to turn from the record lows all the way up to this past month when we reach modern day record highs. That is the world knocking on our door to buy "us" and having to buy Canadian dollars to do so.

Canada is safe geo-politically, has a stable government, and invites the world to our doorstep.

The next several months, or even a year or two, might be rocky with the subprime and credit mess to which the U.S. has dragged us all in, but once that plays through the system, and it will, the future belongs to Canada.

Our dollar will once again go back past the recent highs of November and could in years to come go to $1.20 or $1.30 U.S., or even higher as our economy explodes as the world demands what we produce.

We were bullish back in 2004 when we started our public pronouncements; we were bullish in April 2005 when we stood in Winnipeg and forecast a Canadian dollar at par. Every presentation since then it has been our major theme and for good reason.

The 21st century belongs to Canada.

My Ride
    Das Fahrenheit

Originally posted by Toma
    I bought 20k in euros a few weeks ago, and since then, our dollar has ALREADY lost 10% compared to the euro

As long as the US keeps easing, I expect Canada to do the same. Another 0.50 cut is possible, street rumors say.
    Originally posted by 89coupe
    I do get great service there, especially when I mention my name, haha.

^^^

You hear that world? Now bow down before us and bask in our humble magnificance!!!

My Ride
    Ralli Machine

Originally posted by autosm
    Well some economists feel that that will be changing from what I have read .

With China and India consuming more it is Canada's turn to be at par with the USA in more ways than one .

I hope this is true

Canada

With oil prices back up this morning after a dreadful explosion and fire that ripped into the Enbridge pipelines that take nearly 20% of U.S. imports of energy product from Canada to the U.S., we though that this last column should restate our bullish outlook on Canada, the driving message of our public presentations over the last several years.

The 21st century belongs to Canada.
    good read, and I hope its true.

I am no expert but I cannot see any glaring issues with his (or her) statement
    Cos...

good read guys
    hope this is what will happen

Originally posted by brendankharris

good read, and I hope its true.

I am no expert but I cannot see any glaring issues with his (or her) statement
    I see it as one of the 2 possibilities (assuming no crazy alien landings or triple crosses by Micronesia happen). I have no idea which will happen, whether the rest of the world can catch up and we'll be breaking ties with the US, or if China and India get crushed under their own weight.

What I do know is that as likely as it may seem that Asia will eventually be able to pick up the slack or overtake America altogether in terms of our exports, until that actually happens, we still have to play by the standard rules, or we'll die before those new trade avenues open up

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by Toma

You can make $3K selling that Euro and buying back $cdn.

Well, we always want to be a bit cheaper than $USD to maintain competitiveness. With high $cdn, only people who benefits are cross border consumers. Everyone loses.

While I was hoping the high loonies will last a big longer but oh well.

My Ride
    a tank

so they predict 1.2 to 1.3? crap that would be insane. the buying power...

imagine going to US to pay 30% less of US MSRP for cars.
    _________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast