Quantcast
360 or ps3? - Page 6 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 6 of 43 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 16 ... LastLast

Thread: 360 or ps3?

My Ride
    R50

^^ Finally some unbiased opinion. I was tired of everybody saying xbox sucks cuz it fails, and sony sucks cuz it has no games. Sounds just like how we fought in elementary... "Na ah, Mine's better than your's. You're a dumbface."

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

I wouldn't say I'm unbiased, I definately favor the 360 at this point. But my comments are facts, not opinions. I know a few ppl thats working or worked at EA in burnaby.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    R50

LOL Neither am I. My game ratio is like 7 ps3 to 2 xbox!

Both have it's pros and cons, and I think being able to play with fds is a big thing too. So, if your circle is full of xbox's, go ahead and get that. At the end, power doesn't make games extra fun... Remember the SNES days? They didn't look great, but it sure was fun to play.

My Ride
    honda integrRA

bump! any one has some more suggestions on this?

My Ride
    A car... beep! beep!

Originally posted by schocker
    I think most devs would continue coding on the 360 and porting as they can release a product faster to the market hence all of the delayed launch ps3 titles with the various issues created in coding on the ps3
    Actually maybe not.

PS3 will soon be the lead platform as it takes less to port to the 360 from the PS3.

Prime example is Burnout Paradise. PS3 is the lead platform, and it shows as some have mentioned the PS3 version is looking better.

http://www.psu.com/Developers-strugg...0002324-p0.php

From our point of view, we’ve had no issues with dealing with either machine; that’s what I mean by that. It seems that some games haven’t always transitioned between the two well. From our perspective leading on Playstation3 has meant Xbox 360 has given us a great product." -- Nick Channon, Creative mind behind Burnout Paradise
    "What we do now is create for the PS3 and 360 at the same time, and it doesn't cost more than 10 per cent extra to develop for the other machine. Before it was costing us more, about 20 per cent, just because it was difficult to learn the PS3 hardware, but now our engines are done and we can easily develop for both machines." -- Yves Guillemot, President and CEO of Ubisoft
    Regarding a 360 with built in HD DVD.. not gonna happen. Especially now that the writing is on the wall for HD DVD.

http://kotaku.com/341323/microsoft-f...+a+360-chatter

We have reiterated multiple times since launching the Xbox 360 HD-DVD Player that we have no plans to integrate an HD-DVD player in to the Xbox 360. We feel that offering the drive externally is the best way to give consumers the ultimate choice to create their own high-definition experiences.

And MGS coming to 360..not.

http://www.psu.com/Konami-says-no-to...0002290-p0.php

The exact rumor was that Metal Gear Solid 4 was no longer a PS3 exclusive and that it would be released on the Xbox 360 a year after its PlayStation 3 debut.

However, in response to this, a Konami representative has flat out stated that "For the record, Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots is a PlayStation 3 exclusive and there are no plans to develop an Xbox 360 version of the game." Read the quote. Study the quote. Remember the quote. It's a pretty clear statement.
    Last edited by ZEDGE; 01-07-2008 at 11:18 PM.

MGS 4 was a rumor.... but devil may dry is confirmed. I like both platforms but they have there ups and downs.

PS3.
    Blue-ray (its gonna win, the war is over)
    -great RPG's and driving games.
    -Fighting games are nicer on the controller. (bring on SF4)

Xbox 360
    -FPS games are easier to play because the controller. The analog controllers are Better hands down. tigther control.
    - Sports games such as EA for some reason are Beating the PS3 check the ratings.
    - Any games that uses both analog control to play XBOX is better hands down.
    -BUNK RPG selection...

I was Ps2 for a fanboy for the longest time till i picked up a Xbox controller and played halo. lol...

Graphic wish PS3 is still young machine there still trying to figure out stuff. The games that will stand on sonys machine will be Games developed by sony.... anything else will look the same as XBOX360.

Not many thrid party companys are gonna gamble and do exclusives anymore. because to produce a video game these days is the same price tag as to cost a high budget movie.

My Ride
    A car... beep! beep!

I always thought the 360 controller was best for fps.. but after using the sixaxis and playing tons of COD4 I really like it.

I played some Halo 3 the other night for the first time in ages and I really did not like the controller.. especially the triggers.

Just my personal opinion though.

Hmmm not sure about the light feeling for the 6axis. I herd there were coming back with a dual shock?

^Yeah they are. It's actually already out in Japan and you can get it online if you really wanted one.

My Ride
    Model S

>> From gamesindustry.biz:
    A leaked internal Microsoft memo apparently sent by head of the corporation's Games division, Don Mattrick, to his employees, states that the Xbox 360 is on course to become the next-generation console winner.

The memo, originally leaked to and reprinted by Dean Takahashi, also implies that the Xbox 360 is generating more third party revenue that its rivals.
    "History has shown that the eventual winner of each console generation was the console that generated the most third party revenue, and according to the most recent NPD data, Xbox 360 generated more third party revenue in 2007 than Nintendo and Sony combined," it stated.

My Ride
    women nuts

IF YOU'RE LOOKING for online play, 360 without a doubt
    stores has been sold out since November for the ELITE, can't find it anywhere. I have the cash and can't buy one for 2 months now

Plenty of PS3s in FutureSops around, hence demand shows that they're not as sought after

My Ride
    women nuts

i'm enjoying san andreas on 360 now

cant wait to find the elite around town, dont like this HALO 360 anymore

My Ride
    stock 240sx fastback

ps3 ftw
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    women nuts

^ poor investment

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Originally posted by Daan
    ^ poor investment
    Right.

You guys are all missing the point here anyway. Arguing over which system is going to win is pathetic- it's already clear that the Wii has dominated the sales markets (both here and abroad) and will continue to do so with games like Wii Fit that appeal to the family demographic.

I'm really sorry to have to break it to all of y'all, but the Wii not only has legs, it used them to kick both the PS3 and the X360 in the nuts.

The other thing you guys are missing is that neither Microsoft or Sony are going to back down, and when the next generation of consoles comes both will have an entrant in the market.

However, with new games coming for the PS3 this year that already have established fanbases - Gran Turismo, Metal Gear Solid, etc. - we're likely going to see a rise in console sales. As well, at some point the X360 will likely see it's console sales stall as it begins to reach saturation.

My Ride
    A car... beep! beep!

Originally posted by Daan
    IF YOU'RE LOOKING for online play, 360 without a doubt
    stores has been sold out since November for the ELITE, can't find it anywhere. I have the cash and can't buy one for 2 months now

Plenty of PS3s in FutureSops around, hence demand shows that they're not as sought after
    I see more 360 premium and arcade boxes on store floors than I do PS3s...

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by ZEDGE
    Actually maybe not.

PS3 will soon be the lead platform as it takes less to port to the 360 from the PS3.
    Only if developers commit to building a PS3 specific engine. That's the tough and expensive part that most developers are not willing to tackle, thus resulting in a poor PS3 port. The problem is that PS3 software sales is still soft. A lot of PS3 owners are using PS3 purely as a blu-ray player, so even tho PS3's have a strong userbase today, developers are STILL reluctant to pour tons of money onto the platform. Of course that will change once software sales picks up. Just takes time.

Originally posted by A790
    You guys are all missing the point here anyway. Arguing over which system is going to win is pathetic- it's already clear that the Wii has dominated the sales markets (both here and abroad) and will continue to do so with games like Wii Fit that appeal to the family demographic.

I'm really sorry to have to break it to all of y'all, but the Wii not only has legs, it used them to kick both the PS3 and the X360 in the nuts.
    Wii is almost in a completely different market... the target audience is quite a bit different than what PS3 and 360 is going after. Again, software sales will tell the story in 12 months.
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

08 is the year of the PS3, just look at their game linup. They will make big strides this year, if they havent already with the bluray victory.

Short term - 360
    long term - ps3
    Originally posted by Thaco
    get an lcd for anywhere, with the 120/240hz it's superior in all ways.
    LOL

My Ride
    Has wheels

Brokedown and bought a 360 last night. Used to have a PS3 when they first came out then got rid of it.

Im still a Sony fanboy though

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by copynpaste
    08 is the year of the PS3, just look at their game linup. They will make big strides this year, if they havent already with the bluray victory.

Short term - 360
    long term - ps3
    The blu-ray victory will have zero impact on gaming. The hardware sales is misleading because of this... so many PS3 owners use it primarily as bluray player. This is why their software sales numbers is still lagging far behind 360, and in some cases, even PS2. Until they can prove that gamers want the PS3 (as shown in game sales), PS3 will have no chance.

360 short term? I heard the same thing 3 years ago when 360 was released .

PS3 will never win. The best they can do is tie. The 360 gaming market is fucking HUGE.

Page 6 of 43 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 16 ... LastLast