Quantcast
Dui - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Dui

My Ride
    SR20 240sx / 2002 Jeep

Default Dui

Whats the penalty normally like for an 1st offence adult drunk driving charge?

i heard it was 3 month suspension and im not sure if theres a fine involved. anyone know?

My Ride
    '01 B15 Sentra & '10 C11X Versa 6Sp 5Dr

punishable by death
    Someday we may need to activate the halo structure off Deerfoot and destroy the North East.

My Ride
    SR20 240sx / 2002 Jeep

haha good one

Depending on other past convictions related to driving, usually in the neighbourhood of $700 to $1500 fine and a one year driving prohibition. The judge imposed driving prohibition is normally 3 - 6 months however there is a mandatory provincial suspension as well which lasts a year.

Oh, and normally $3000 to $5000 for a lawyer.
    Originally posted by 01RedDX

Eye for an eye should apply to both, like if you raped a cat, you would get raped by a bigger cat. Counselling doesn't work on animal rapists you clown.

My Ride
    SR20 240sx / 2002 Jeep

didnt know that a year was mandatory. can anyone confirm this?

Originally posted by S13_Ryan
    didnt know that a year was mandatory. can anyone confirm this?
    Confirmed

My Ride
    GC8 Sti R

it depends on your lawyer, i know someone who was convicted and got his license back in less that a month
    fines where still out the ass tho

My Ride
    bmw

yup. usually a 1000 fine and one year suspension for first time.. even with a lawyer.

don't bother getting a lawyer if you were stumbling / slurring.

My Ride
    2001 black box

^why?

My Ride
    Sentra

cause he deserves what he gets is why??

My Ride
    CS-GA20DE-TT // B5 A4 TT

I hope you get punished to the fullest extent of the law... so by our estimations you pay a fine, and your on the road drunk again.

What makes it an option to drive drunk your fucking faggot? to cheap for a cab? I swear for every post that has "drunk driving" and an admission of guilt on beyond, rage should relase the name/address of the user to us, so we can come and teach you why drunk driving is much more painful then just the fucking fine.

Its pieces of shit like you, that are the reason why my best freind was taken from us on his 18th.

Fuck you. honnestly. I honnestly hope you get hit by a semi within the next day. I would gladly come to scrap the excrement of your being off the road, to throw it at your mother as a reminder that she should have swallowed instead of sat on it.

My Ride
    GAR CON!!!!!!!

BURN!!!!!

My Ride
    has a stick axle

Ohhh snap!

My Ride
    Ralli Machine

Originally posted by doublepostwhore
    I hope you get punished to the fullest extent of the law... so by our estimations you pay a fine, and your on the road drunk again.

What makes it an option to drive drunk your fucking faggot? to cheap for a cab? I swear for every post that has "drunk driving" and an admission of guilt on beyond, rage should relase the name/address of the user to us, so we can come and teach you why drunk driving is much more painful then just the fucking fine.

Its pieces of shit like you, that are the reason why my best freind was taken from us on his 18th.

Fuck you. honnestly. I honnestly hope you get hit by a semi within the next day. I would gladly come to scrap the excrement of your being off the road, to throw it at your mother as a reminder that she should have swallowed instead of sat on it.
    very true, but how do you know that the OP had this happen to them, what if the op and some friends are just in an argument about it? and wanted to know
    Cos...

My Ride
    GAR CON!!!!!!!

Originally posted by brendankharris

very true, but how do you know that the OP had this happen to them, what if the op and some friends are just in an argument about it? and wanted to know
    Well, tell him to pass it on

My Ride
    CS-GA20DE-TT // B5 A4 TT

Either way; someone is in need of a lesson. He is responsible. He even posts like an idiot.

My Ride
    87 lude'

It depends on what tickets they want to throw at you but the minimum is a 600$ impared driving fine
    +plus a 250$ re-instatement fee
    +plus you have to take a drivers course
    +plus all outstanding tickets you have to be paid for them to hand back your license.

and actually lawyers are not 3k - 5k. depends intirely on the amount of times your case goes to court, lawyer costs. there are many ways to get out of it some are if the cop didnt properly conduct the breathalizer test properley, if he gave you the breathalizer to soon (there suppose to wait 10 minutes between each test). Also if they didnt give you more then one breathalizer test there is a chance of the case being thrown out..Oh and make sure the cop had a plauseable cause for pulling you over, and details written out on the statement why he thought it was nessesary.

If your asking this cuz of a freind or osmething just go to the courthouse and ask for your case file, they will print off the cops notes, and all the details regarding your case and look over it and try to find loopholes that will get you out of it, or a lesser sentence...and regrading it only being 3 months , HA, you either have to have a damn good lawyer, or the cop was a fucking idiot writing up your ticket. There is a very, very good chance you, or whoever this is for is going to get a 1 year suspension, even if it is your first offence. Its a Criminal offence, not some little thing.
    Last edited by grrrouch; 12-15-2007 at 04:46 PM.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    Schwinn 21 speed....

Originally posted by grrrouch
    It depends on what tickets they want to throw at you but the minimum is a 600$ impared driving fine
    +plus a 250$ re-instatement fee
    +plus you have to take a drivers course
    +plus all outstanding tickets you have to be paid for them to hand back your license.

and actually lawyers are not 3k - 5k. depends intirely on the amount of times your case goes to court, lawyer costs. there are many ways to get out of it some are if the cop didnt properly conduct the breathalizer test properley, if he gave you the breathalizer to soon (there suppose to wait 10 minutes between each test). Also if they didnt give you more then one breathalizer test there is a chance of the case being thrown out..Oh and make sure the cop had a plauseable cause for pulling you over, and details written out on the statement why he thought it was nessesary.

If your asking this cuz of a freind or osmething just go to the courthouse and ask for your case file, they will print off the cops notes, and all the details regarding your case and look over it and try to find loopholes that will get you out of it, or a lesser sentence...and regrading it only being 3 months , HA, you either have to have a damn good lawyer, or the cop was a fucking idiot writing up your ticket. There is a very, very good chance you, or whoever this is for is going to get a 1 year suspension, even if it is your first offence. Its a Criminal offence, not some little thing.
    Man knows his shit! You have to take the drivers test again as well as a 1 day course to help you separate your drinking from your driving...Also dont expect to be able to afford insurance for quite some time.

So under a conviction, how does it affect other things? ability to travel to other countries? What else?

What about if it goes to court and gets thrown out. I heard you still lose your licence for 3 months (from the time of the charge), anything else happens?
    Last edited by szw; 12-15-2007 at 09:37 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast