Quantcast
Acct 317 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Acct 317

Default Acct 317

How hard is it to get an A in accounting 317. if someone wants to do this in Irvines class how much time and effort should I put in? I hear hes a really good proff.

I have coms 363, Stats 217, Accounting 317, East 317 and Linguitics 201. I'm looking for A's or A- in these classes since I want to transfer into business.

My Ride
    firebird

The year I transferred into business I ended up with an A in coms, A- in Acct 317, A in Stats 217. I would say you should be prepared to put in a pretty solid effort in all of them as they are very work intensive.

Irvine is a great prof but he does not hand out As. I had him for audit and it was tough...did not get an A there haha.

Acct. 317 poses a problem I think for those who do not understand the financial statement accounts and debits and credits in the first 3-4 weeks. Make sure you get on top of it early and it is manageable. If you fall behind it gets tough because the concepts come up really fast and assume you know the basics.
    "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around the banks will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered."
    -Thomas Jefferson 1802

^^ Agreed.

In my opinion, if you haven't seen any accounting before 317 (in highschool or what not) it will not be an easy class for you unless you put in a great deal of time.

Mckenzie, are you still completing your degree or are you working for a firm doing CASB right now?

Thanks guys, Makes me want to be a little mor optimistic now. I have done accounting in high school. I did all the 3 courses offered in one quarter. I am perpared to work really hard. and I will. I'm hoping the classes aren't to hard. I have coms online witha prof. thats the main thing I'm worried about.

My Ride
    firebird

Originally posted by BrknFngrs
    ^^ Agreed.

In my opinion, if you haven't seen any accounting before 317 (in highschool or what not) it will not be an easy class for you unless you put in a great deal of time.

Mckenzie, are you still completing your degree or are you working for a firm doing CASB right now?
    I just wrote CASB mod 3 and am working with a big 4. I started Sept 2006.

This program is so ridonculous that I wish I was back in school again.
    "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around the banks will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered."
    -Thomas Jefferson 1802

Originally posted by Mckenzie

Haha nothing like working a full work week and then sitting down to do 20+ hours of CASB hey. I'll be doing the same thing starting this summer, I just signed with a Big 4 as well.

Sorry about the thread hijack OP.

Originally posted by Mckenzie

Haha nothing like working a full work week and then sitting down to do 20+ hours of CASB hey. I'll be doing the same thing starting this summer, I just signed with a Big 4 as well.

suckeerrssssssss
    who's done? this guy.... whoooo!!!

ok ok i'm done rubbing salt in the wounds.

Default Re: Acct 317

Originally posted by mina_03
    How hard is it to get an A in accounting 317. if someone wants to do this in Irvines class how much time and effort should I put in? I hear hes a really good proff.

I have coms 363, Stats 217, Accounting 317, East 317 and Linguitics 201. I'm looking for A's or A- in these classes since I want to transfer into business.
    What i would recommend to you is taking accounting once you have been accepted into the business school. Take a senior non-commerce option instead. A friend of mine couldn't get into Haskayne and had to wait a year because he got lower then a C- in accounting. Also, it might lower your gpa and you may not make the cut off.

As far as Stats 217 with Stallard goes. He is an amazing/fair prof. Alot of people hate him because they feel that the stuff he tests on is to difficult. He teaches you what you need to do well on the exams/quizes. Do all the questions he assigns and attend EVERY lecture. I'm really stressing lectures because it is difficult to learn stats from a textbook. You need to be at every single lecture with the notes printed out and ready to listen to him talk about "sexy stats".

I know this all sounds like common sense. You would be surprised at how many people in the midterm exam were just sitting there looking at the midterm wondering wtf is going on. On the other hand the people that knew the material were in a rush trying to get it done.

My Ride
    firebird

Sorry to hear about your luck RUN NOW before they take your soul!!

Originally posted by in*10*se

suckeerrssssssss
    who's done? this guy.... whoooo!!!

ok ok i'm done rubbing salt in the wounds.
    Nice work...so jealous right now....gonna try Mod 4 busy season if I some how got through mod 3.

Back on track now, the comment about waiting to do acct. is not a bad idea but I found it even worse to be doing 5 business courses a semester because I ran out of all my options. That may be another thing to consider.
    -Thomas Jefferson 1802