Quantcast
Lost Wallet at the Uni- Where else to find it? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Lost Wallet at the Uni- Where else to find it?

My Ride
    firebird

Default Lost Wallet at the Uni- Where else to find it?

Well I guess this is a long shot but here it goes. To add to the misery of studying for a ridiculous exam all week, I lost my wallet somehow.

Lost- Black wallet
    Cards- AMEX, Mastercard, 3 debit cards, birth certificate, health card, drivers license and student ID.
    Other- green guitar pick, georges cookie card

If anyone happened to find this wallet or know someone who did sometime between Thursday Dec. 13 and today, I would really appreciate it if you turned it in to the lost and found.

Keep the money, starbucks card and free cookie, but I just want the cards back.

Does anyone else know where lost wallets go? Police, City, etc.?

It was lost between the student union Store at Mac Hall and Scurfield Hall.

Thanks for any help or suggestions
    "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around the banks will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered."
    -Thomas Jefferson 1802

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Buddy, save yourself a HUGE headache and cancel the credit cards, debit cards, and report your ID stolen.

I had my stuff stolen when I was 16 and I'm STILL having to deal with identity theft issues.

Try the lost and found at Mac Hall.

My Ride
    Upass

Theres a lost and found location for each building. Heres the list from the Universities web site. Check the one where you think you forgot it/lost it.

http://www.ucalgary.ca/security/lostfound.htm

My Ride
    Camaro 2SS

Do wallets still get held by Campus Security? I lost mine a few years ago in Mac Hall and I went to their office to collect it.

My Ride
    firebird

Yeah so I went to lost and found in Mac Hall on friday and it was not there. Campus security were a bunch of knobs as usual...they did not even want to discuss it.

I tried Mackimmie library lost and found and another place in Scurfield hall.

I guess I can always try next week too.
    "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around the banks will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered."
    -Thomas Jefferson 1802

My Ride
    Camaro 2SS

^^That's too bad, so have they stopped dealing with lost items altogether then?

You can always hope that whoever found it didn't want to leave your wallet in some lost and found and is instead going to mail it out to you...

My Ride
    firebird

Yeah security just said go to the lost and found and would not even check their drawer there.

If someone did find it, which is obvious by now, I was hoping they would pull my business card out and call my cell phone to tell me haha.

I'm just hoping I can get some Karma back for turning in a wallet at the UofC last year and also finding a guy in the middle of La Rambla in Barcelona with his wallet and 650 Euros in it.
    -Thomas Jefferson 1802

Cancel your cards immediately. VISA for sure, but Debit Cards also - your bank will issue new ones and you'll have them fairly quickly. Call 'em and don't think that whomever found your wallet has any plans of returning it. Assume the worst and hope for the best.

There are just as many scumbags out there (maybe more) as good, honest people. Protect yourself as best as you can.

No SIN in there? Best hope not...

Cancel everything immediately and get new everything. Why were you even carrying around your birth certificate?

Maybe even contact the credit bureaus (TransUnion and Equifax) and report your wallet as lost and put your file on fraud alert?

Not sure what kind of information someone would need to have about you to sign up for credit cards and other stuff in your name, but in this day and age with all the scammers out there, it couldn't hurt to take that extra step.

My Ride
    is hella cheap.

I found a Georges Cookie Card the other day, it could be yours.

My Ride
    firebird

^haha yeah it could be. Enjoy!

I have cancelled everything pretty much but am more worried that my personal info is being used to generate a profile. As for carrying the birth certificate around, it has no different info than the drivers license so I'm not too concerned. I guess its onto the task now of replacing everything. I've got new CCs on the way and 2/3 debit cars (the other one has no money in it anyways).
    -Thomas Jefferson 1802

My Ride
    CBR600RR

When I had my wallet stolen from the locker rooms at the U of C, I got a phone call from Campus Security saying they found my wallet and I just had to go there and identify it.

Oh yeah, and as almost everyone else said, cancel all your cards debit & credit.

Hope you get your stuff back
    In reference to Rob Anders:
    Originally posted by ZenOps
    Hes not really that bad...

Originally posted by Mckenzie
    As for carrying the birth certificate around, it has no different info than the drivers license so I'm not too concerned.
    I suppose, but now it's another piece of ID you'll have to apply for again, and I think it's one of the pieces of ID that you shouldn't carry around with you everywhere, because it just makes it easier for someone to apply for a passport or whatever in your name.

Good luck with your wallet. I hope it shows up soon!

My Ride
    Defender, Allroad

Originally posted by Amysicle
    Why were you even carrying around your birth certificate?
    I carry mine around as well, as there is a wallet version and a fullsize version of my birth certificate from BC. Not sure how they do it in AB...could just be a BC thingy?
    Last edited by npham; 12-16-2007 at 06:28 PM.

My Ride
    12 camaro ss ,91 aristo , 12 ram

^^^^
    yeah i carry myne around tooo Wallet size for AB

I just find it odd because it's just one more piece of ID to lose and reapply for if you lose your wallet. Maybe I'm just a minimalist and I like to keep the amount of stuff I carry around at a minimum.

Like Mckenzie pointed out, everything you need to prove that's on your birth certificate is on your driver's license (such as full name and date of birth), and you wouldn't use it as ID at the bar or anything (because they want government issued photo ID) anyways. It's just unnecessary to me if I don't use it on a daily basis. Can anyone please point out the benefits of carrying around my birth certificate with me everywhere I go?

Guess I'll just carry that and my SIN around just because it fits in my wallet and everyone else seems to do it too.

When I lost my wallet which contained my SIN card and birth certificate, it was recommended to me that I call the RCMP and open a case file for potential identity theft due to lost ID. I did so, gave detailed info on everything missing, and was given a case number. Apparently it's for future legal use in case there is an attempt of identity theft?

My Ride
    firebird

Originally posted by BlackArcher101
    When I lost my wallet which contained my SIN card and birth certificate, it was recommended to me that I call the RCMP and open a case file for potential identity theft due to lost ID. I did so, gave detailed info on everything missing, and was given a case number. Apparently it's for future legal use in case there is an attempt of identity theft?
    Hmm thats interesting. I actually phoned the CPS and hung up before they answered because they seem to not give a crap everytime I phone that number about something.

So should I go to the CPS or RCMPs then?

Thx for your comments everyone. The irritating road to replace everything starts tomorrow.
    -Thomas Jefferson 1802

Good luck. Replacing your driver's license shouldn't be more than $25.

Also, here's a link to the Alberta government on replacing your birth certificate if you were born in Alberta. (Didn't know either way where you're from, but figure this might help.) http://www.servicealberta.gov.ab.ca/...rtificates.cfm

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast