Quantcast
I just priced out an Audi S5 vs. BMW 335xi - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: I just priced out an Audi S5 vs. BMW 335xi

My Ride
    E63. No, the one with SMG

Originally posted by max_boost
    Does the S5 offer attractive lease programs?

BMW is offering 3 year lease rates under 5% and 4 years N/C maintenance. That's enough incentive for me to go BMW.

Plus you get to give it back when you are inevitably upside-down at the end of the term!

My Ride
    WAO Arrival

^^yay for renting cars! J/k

I could have got an M3, I wanted something different...once I drove a V8 AWD I never looked back - no need for a turbo yo.

Benyl, I don't like your altitude!

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

me neither. But I am still eating rear winter tires for breakfast.

Hollywood, when you get your S5 and break it in, we should trade cars and compare. haha. I should have downpipes and a chip by then. hehehehe

My Ride
    07 E92 335i

I'll add what I know....

I currently have the 335i fully loaded at it was $66K all in (Sports Package, Premium Package, Active Steering, Comfort Access, Ipod, 3M, Tint)
    It's a hell of a car. Very fast (used to own a Stage II Sti) handles
    fantastic and extremely comfortable to drive.
    I put on Blizzak LM-25's for the winter and I couldn't be happier.

That being said I would take the interior of the S5 any day. I do not have the iDrive so I find my interior simple but well laid out.

I went to Audi last week and bought an S5 and the total cost in Canadian dollars was $77K all in and that's with the Nav Package
    and parking assist. The wait list though is long and I was quoted June for my car. BMW if you order takes around 2-3 months.

They had an S5 on the lot to sit in but you couldn't drive it as some idiot went in to a curb at 120 kmph.

The S5 has more standard features than the 335 and it has additional features the 335i doesn't have.

From what I've read, and the sales dude told me, the S5 is a heavier and bigger car but performs very well for its size.
    It has worse fuel mileage though but I never consider this in a car as my Sti was only getting 9mpg after mods HaHa!

The Recaro seats are unreal (and I love the 335i seats) and the interior layout is awesome. Back seat is decent as is the 335i. I have no problem putting 4 adults in the 335 for a short trip to Banff.

With Dinan's new chip that gives you 385 hp and 415 trq at the crank that is covered under warranty your price would be $68K and your performance would be greater than the S5 imho.

Rob at Tunerworks has the Proceed chip that is almost identical and he sais the car should have come that way to begin with.

As for looks they are both great. I had the M lip put on my coupe and I think it looks unreal compared to stock. The factory 18's I have a very nice looking and the 19" upgrade is simply not worth it as mentioned earlier. For that price go see Rob and get a set of BBS or something else high end.

As for bringing them back from the US Hollywood, Audi is very easy right now and BMW is the exact opposite. Sure it can be done but the cost will be much more than the Audi and it will take much longer. Plus once you get to the dealership they are so nice about booking you in for service or repair...haha...that's a huge joke. Expect 6-8 weeks AFTER a Canadian buyer...no joke.

Anyway when it comes down to it I think it's going to be personal preference. The 335i is again on C&D's top 10 list for the 15th or so straight year. BMW is known for its handling and it shows in the 335i.
    The Audi is going to be awesome as well but a different beast.
    If you like interior quality, the S5 is your car. If you like all the options and bells and whistles, S5 is your car. If you are buying from the US, Audi is your car. As for handling I cant' say as I haven't been able to drive both. I expect them to be quite different.

Hope this helps.
    VC
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    22 ZR2, 06 YZ250, 77 KZ1000 supercharged

Originally posted by benyl
    me neither. But I am still eating rear winter tires for breakfast.

Hollywood, when you get your S5 and break it in, we should trade cars and compare. haha. I should have downpipes and a chip by then. hehehehe
    I did fall in love with the RL looks of the S5 which made me post this originally. If I didnt need a truck for dirtbiking I would be looking at both cars for sure. For me its one of those ideas in the back of my head. Kinda like when I wanted a GS430, and when I wanted a white 99 VR-4 (1 of 87). The stick around and later materialize....hahaha. Plus I hate buying new, I would be looking at these cars used, like 0.1 - 2 years old. I refuse to buy new.

Originally posted by Voodoo Child
    I'll add what I know....

I currently have the 335i fully loaded at it was $66K all in (Sports Package, Premium Package, Active Steering, Comfort Access, Ipod, 3M, Tint)
    It's a hell of a car. Very fast (used to own a Stage II Sti) handles
    fantastic and extremely comfortable to drive.
    I put on Blizzak LM-25's for the winter and I couldn't be happier.

That being said I would take the interior of the S5 any day. I do not have the iDrive so I find my interior simple but well laid out.

I went to Audi last week and bought an S5 and the total cost in Canadian dollars was $77K all in and that's with the Nav Package
    and parking assist. The wait list though is long and I was quoted June for my car. BMW if you order takes around 2-3 months.

They had an S5 on the lot to sit in but you couldn't drive it as some idiot went in to a curb at 120 kmph.

The S5 has more standard features than the 335 and it has additional features the 335i doesn't have.

From what I've read, and the sales dude told me, the S5 is a heavier and bigger car but performs very well for its size.
    It has worse fuel mileage though but I never consider this in a car as my Sti was only getting 9mpg after mods HaHa!

The Recaro seats are unreal (and I love the 335i seats) and the interior layout is awesome. Back seat is decent as is the 335i. I have no problem putting 4 adults in the 335 for a short trip to Banff.

With Dinan's new chip that gives you 385 hp and 415 trq at the crank that is covered under warranty your price would be $68K and your performance would be greater than the S5 imho.

Rob at Tunerworks has the Proceed chip that is almost identical and he sais the car should have come that way to begin with.

As for looks they are both great. I had the M lip put on my coupe and I think it looks unreal compared to stock. The factory 18's I have a very nice looking and the 19" upgrade is simply not worth it as mentioned earlier. For that price go see Rob and get a set of BBS or something else high end.

As for bringing them back from the US Hollywood, Audi is very easy right now and BMW is the exact opposite. Sure it can be done but the cost will be much more than the Audi and it will take much longer. Plus once you get to the dealership they are so nice about booking you in for service or repair...haha...that's a huge joke. Expect 6-8 weeks AFTER a Canadian buyer...no joke.

Anyway when it comes down to it I think it's going to be personal preference. The 335i is again on C&D's top 10 list for the 15th or so straight year. BMW is known for its handling and it shows in the 335i.
    The Audi is going to be awesome as well but a different beast.
    If you like interior quality, the S5 is your car. If you like all the options and bells and whistles, S5 is your car. If you are buying from the US, Audi is your car. As for handling I cant' say as I haven't been able to drive both. I expect them to be quite different.

Hope this helps.
    VC
    Very constructive. Good post man. Ya it's like I said, your boss and the ladies will definately appreciate the S5 over the 335. Plus turing cars are fun cars to drive. I still wanted to compare US to US as it is more accurate.

And your totally right, dealerships here totally hate the US importing and they are very upfront with their discontent.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2