Quantcast
Is believing in God needed in order... - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Is believing in God needed in order...

My Ride
    Highlander

Default Is believing in God needed in order...

...to be famous?

I know it's a bit of a useless rant but it's something I've noticed since I was a kid. Seriously, how often do you watch an awards show or something where the singer/actor/director/athlete gets up infront of everyone and thanks god for their luck in life and all of their opportunities?

In a society where countless articles are being written about our generation being coined "the atheiest generation", I find it SO hard to believe that nearly every person who's won something or been great has believed in God. Is it just something record companies tell their clients to mention in acceptance speeches so that the ever dwindling population of bible thumpers will still love them?

Are there many (or any) celebs out there that are publically proclaimed atheists or agnostics?

My Ride
    3.0L Of pure turbocharged testosterone

I think they just thank god because "its publicly acceptable" , or maybe they want the religious people to watch as well or something. I doubt half of them are religious.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Default Re: Is believing in God needed in order...

It's all for show imo. I won and you didn't, it must be because I prayed harder and jebus loves me more than you! Bunch of f'ing hypocrites I'd say.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    Giant Rainier

Do you ever see Tom Cruise give props to the big guy upstairs? (Xenu?)

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Originally posted by Melinda
    Is believing in God needed in order...to be famous?

Are there many (or any) celebs out there that are publically proclaimed atheists or agnostics?

Celebrities are like Politicians in that respect. It's all smoke so that the bible thumpers will like them more.

http://www.celebatheists.com/?title=Main_Page
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Came back to ogle 2Legit2Quit wife's buns...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They're certainly big, but I don't know if they are the BEST I've tasted.

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

What is the big deal?

Next, people will be complaining that people thank their moms or their agent and take too long doing it.

Most religions require one to declare their faith publicly. It doesn't get anymore public than an awards show.

Originally posted by no_joke
    Do you ever see Tom Cruise give props to the big guy upstairs? (Xenu?)
    Xenu is the evil overlord dude, they dont worship him ... GAWD lol
    Originally posted by Mibz
    She's already exhibiting signs of turning into my Mom, I need some sort of legal recourse if a full-blown transformation occurs.

religion is somewhat irrelivant in the spot-light. some celebs will milk their religious beliefs for attention while others will be very hush-hush about it...

point being... in Canada and the USA you have the right to believe whatever you want so to dig up a very old quote by voltaire "I might not agree with what you have to say, but i will defend to the death your right to say it."

some celebs will do anything for attention, and religion gets them that. but as i said... they can do what they want... its their lives.

My Ride
    Lease

I agree with the crowd, I think celebrities use "thank God for what talent he/she given me" as a scapegoat and in fact I think that makes them more humble and with less controversy.

Or would you rather see some balla at the music awards with the bitches poppin' his collar spittin' in the mic holla in your face TiHZ iZ wHY I hOtz, tis'z Wyh ur nOT.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Originally posted by TomcoPDR
    Haha! He know's what time it is in BOTH time zones - hustlin' and gonna be hustlin'!
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    GTI

The U.S is a far more religious state than Canada is, keep that in mind.

I wouldn't be surprised if most of them grew up in Jewish or Christian homes, and are saying it because they either believe, or are trying to please their parents.

You would be amazed by how much religion there is in Pro sports in the U.S, Football teams pray during half time, and a lot of the people in the entertainment business are Jewish or Christian.

However, like I said, the U.S is a far more religious state than Canada is, it might be surprising to a Canadian how religious a place the U.S is.

My Ride
    You Crazy

92% of American's believe in God.

So, the celebrity, athlete etc you see has an 8% chance of believeing in something else.

I was watching a Bollywood award show... The chick accepting the award... she never thanked god....

My Ride
    "Four f***ing wheels and a seat!"

Originally posted by Hakkola
    The U.S is a far more religious state than Canada is, keep that in mind.

I wouldn't be surprised if most of them grew up in Jewish or Christian homes, and are saying it because they either believe, or are trying to please their parents.

You would be amazed by how much religion there is in Pro sports in the U.S, Football teams pray during half time, and a lot of the people in the entertainment business are Jewish or Christian.

However, like I said, the U.S is a far more religious state than Canada is, it might be surprising to a Canadian how religious a place the U.S is.
    Exactly. It's still shunned upon if you're an athiest in the US (hell, George Bush Sr. made a bunch of public quotes about this). In Canada, we don't really seem to care -- for me it doesn't matter what your religion is or if you don't believe in any of it at all. It's not my business to criticize people on their religious beliefs (if any).

My Ride
    ...BNT0B0X...

Originally posted by Toma

I was watching a Bollywood award show... The chick accepting the award... she never thanked god....

That's because they only have 30 seconds for the acceptance speech. Thanking all the Hindu Gods would take at LEAST 10 minutes.
    ...@therealarifjina...

Last edited by 01RedDX; 10-20-2020 at 12:51 PM.

My Ride

Another thing we are forgetting is that most famous people come from humble beginnings.and the believe of god is more stronger when you are struggeling than if you were a rich guy leaving in beverly hills. I seen it alot in boxers most of them struggle to get to where they are now and they are strong believers in religion because of that..

Originally posted by Melinda
    ...to be famous?

I know it's a bit of a useless rant but it's something I've noticed since I was a kid. Seriously, how often do you watch an awards show or something where the singer/actor/director/athlete gets up infront of everyone and thanks god for their luck in life and all of their opportunities?

In a society where countless articles are being written about our generation being coined "the atheiest generation", I find it SO hard to believe that nearly every person who's won something or been great has believed in God. Is it just something record companies tell their clients to mention in acceptance speeches so that the ever dwindling population of bible thumpers will still love them?

... and I find it hard to believe that there are more atheists in the world compared to 100 years ago.

Perhaps you are just starting to realize that there are more religious people out there than atheists think there are. Most atheists I talk to seem to be under some sort of impression that religion is dying off and atheism will ultimately prevail. Last time I checked, churches were getting bigger and more and more people are going to them. The new Catholic church in my area is packed every sunday and people park on the nearby streets because the lot is full.

My Ride
    Das Fahrenheit

Default Re: Re: Is believing in God needed in order...

Originally posted by sputnik

Last time I checked, churches were getting bigger and more and more people are going to them. The new Catholic church in my area is packed every sunday and people park on the nearby streets because the lot is full.
    Scary shit.
    Originally posted by 89coupe
    I do get great service there, especially when I mention my name, haha.

My Ride
    13 Scion FR-S, 11 Mitsu Outlander

I think a lot of people are going to church just for the social network. Actually believing is a different issue altogether. As people get more familiar with scientific concepts like genetic mapping and DNA it makes it harder to believe in a bearded guy in a robe listening to all your worries.
    That's not sweat. It's your fat, crying.

My Ride
    1989 Civic SI

blah blah blah....even if you belive in god you dont need to go to church its VERY boring my grand parents make me go if im in saskatoon at there place on sunday...all they do is read from the bible and sing boring songs...if i wanted to do that i would sit in the comfort of my own home and do it....not go out to church and hear old foggies that cant sing worth shit and young kids screaming to there parents or crying...it sucks i think...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast