Quantcast
No ram air intake ANYWHERE - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: No ram air intake ANYWHERE

Default No ram air intake ANYWHERE

Hi everybody
    i have a 1992 Nissan stanza XE (2.4L) and have been looking for a ram or cold air intake with a cone filter for a few days now. i havent found anything specific to my model but i have found some filters for the similar Nissan sentra 2.0L and 1.6L and am wondering if these parts can be modded to fit or if there is any air intake system available for my car at this time. If so any links or information is greatly apriciated.

PS: i have found K&N air filters for the vehicle but they are the square ones for the stock intake. Is this car only compatible with the stock air filter? i am specifically looking for a CONE filter.

My Ride
    Accord 6-6, Tacoma

Why not do what everyone else does for cars like that and buy a nissan mass air flow sensor adaptor which aloows you to run a cone filter....its no big deal
    Honda/Acura guy

My Ride
    1989 Civic SI

just jimmy rig one.... probably a car intake that would work for the aplication

Originally posted by Deetz
    Why not do what everyone else does for cars like that and buy a nissan mass air flow sensor adaptor which aloows you to run a cone filter....its no big deal
    True but any links to one for a reasonable price. a quick search shows the part running almost as much as a short ram air intake from K&N.

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

Originally posted by Dep9sport

True but any links to one for a reasonable price. a quick search shows the part running almost as much as a short ram air intake from K&N.

I dunno if your looking up the right part, but I remember when I bought mine, it was like $20, that was 4-5 years ago...

http://search.ebay.com/search/search...&fsop=1&fsoo=1
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

yea sounds like i need to shop around. the one i saw look like it has some sort of electronics in it.

My Ride

yea sounds like i need to shop around. the one i saw look like it has some sort of electronics in it.

That would prolly be your MAF, seeing as you dont know much about automobiles, go back to school junior and leave the car modifying to adults

PS....adding a intake to your car doesnt add an extra 50HP like Need For Speed games say...
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

My Ride
    1989 Civic SI

Originally posted by dj_rice

That would prolly be your MAF, seeing as you dont know much about automobiles, go back to school junior and leave the car modifying to adults

PS....adding a intake to your car doesnt add an extra 50HP like Need For Speed games say...
    why you bashing him, hes a young guy wanting to slowly add shit to his car...maybe his pockets arnt as deep as yours and his knowledge isnt as extent, he can learn by mistakes and gains. if he wants to add parts to his car, let him do it dont bash him for wanting a intake on the car even if or if not he knows much about cars...

My Ride
    3.0L Of pure turbocharged testosterone

That car uses a ka24e....possibly you can use a maf adapter for a 89/90 240sx...same engine...im assuming they used the same MAF. It most likely tho will leave your IATS hanging, if you really want it in your air tract....get creative and adapt it (=

My Ride

Originally posted by ZC_CIVIC

why you bashing him, hes a young guy wanting to slowly add shit to his car...maybe his pockets arnt as deep as yours and his knowledge isnt as extent, he can learn by mistakes and gains. if he wants to add parts to his car, let him do it dont bash him for wanting a intake on the car even if or if not he knows much about cars...

I'm sorry Mr....I wont ever do that again

Originally posted by sr20s14zenki
    That car uses a ka24e....possibly you can use a maf adapter for a 89/90 240sx...same engine...im assuming they used the same MAF. It most likely tho will leave your IATS hanging, if you really want it in your air tract....get creative and adapt it (=
    was just reading about that. It seems worth looking into and im going to keep reading around.

My Ride

If you want that adaptor, go to mopac, its about 25$

itll add a bit, specially if your stock one is neglected right now. 5-7% gain in mileage is k&n's claim, dont know if its true or not.

Never mind not gunna flame back.
    Last edited by Dep9sport; 12-30-2007 at 04:35 AM.

If you want that adaptor, go to mopac, its about 25$

itll add a bit, specially if your stock one is neglected right now. 5-7% gain in mileage is k&n's claim, dont know if its true or not.
    DO you personally think it will work? im not familiar with the 240 but have read a little on the KA24E. From what it says and what ive seen in images on google and other sites its hard to tell what parts will and will not fit.

My Ride

Nissan tends to use only a few different shapes to mount the MAF to the Filter body. Im pretty sure itll work, and if it doesnt, return it. If I know Nissan, they most likely retained the same maf from the 240 and used it on the stanza.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/89-92...ayphotohosting

if it looks like that, its prolly the same maf. I would try.

My Ride

Never mind not gunna flame back.

Good choice my friend...

And I didnt mean to offend you personally, I just like to use humour in my replies....so dont take offense to any of the stuff I say, its all sarcasm and in fun and games, get used to it and welcome to Beyond

http://www.knfilters.com/search/prod...x?Prod=57-6000

That filters for the 240 and if im starting to get the picture with the MAF from the 240 or even the MAF for my stanza that filter should fit after ive installed the new part?

Originally posted by dj_rice

Good choice my friend...

And I didnt mean to offend you personally, I just like to use humour in my replies....so dont take offense to any of the stuff I say, its all sarcasm and in fun and games, get used to it and welcome to Beyond
    alright man my bad

ive got alot to learn and a long way to go but ill get there eventually lol. ( If the stanza makes it)

My Ride

Correct! And it looks like that thing there has a spot for the IAT sensor to go too, BONUS!

a little expensive tho....im cheap, i would go to canadian tire, pick up a Ractive filter (same fucking thing) with a 3" inlet (standard) and get the adapter at mopac. IAT wouldnt go on it, but who cares...really it doesnt do as much as you would think, if your 92 even has an iat to begin with...they may have deleted it.

Correct! And it looks like that thing there has a spot for the IAT sensor to go too, BONUS!

a little expensive tho....im cheap, i would go to canadian tire, pick up a Ractive filter (same fucking thing) with a 3" inlet (standard) and get the adapter at mopac. IAT wouldnt go on it, but who cares...really it doesnt do as much as you would think, if your 92 even has an iat to begin with...they may have deleted it.
    yours sounds way more affordable to me :P. Now with the filter your talking about i know it eliminates the current filter but does the hose going to the stock air intake stay or go? because in the installation diagrams for the K&N filter it looks like they remove the hose and attach the filter directly to the Mass-Air sensor. im still kinda confuzed to be honest.

ROFL wait i just looked at the diagram again and i think i made a mistake. lol

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast