Quantcast
Silver Nissan Road Rager - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Silver Nissan Road Rager

Thumbs down Silver Nissan Road Rager

Around 9:50 PM last night, I turned off Macleod onto Westbound Glenmore and attempted to change leftward into the center lane to pass this big safeway semi truck and this Silver Nissan comes barreling in and almost sideswipes me (he wanted the same lane). I backed off, this guy didn't even hesitate and continued along at high speed, so I decided to rage behind this guy for a bit.

Total jackass is driving through busy traffic, cutting left, right and center and tailgating every car all down Glenmore. People are honking, flipping middle fingers at this guy. I back down after the Crowchild turn-off. This other guy in an old white boat takes over (LOL!) and starts tangling with him, swerving left and right, dangerously cutting off semi trucks. I'm sitting a few cars back watching all this.

I see the guy in the old white boat who was carfighting the Nissan stopped at a traffic light and had a little chat with him about what happened......
    A firetruck goes zooming by a few minutes later and I resist my morbid curiousity to follow it.

The plate was UMP ***. (*=omitted numbers)

Anyone know this car-fighting clown?
    "All these years I thought it was power that brought responsibility. It's not. I was wrong. It's responsibility that brings power. It's knowing what needs to be done that brings strength. And courage." - Peter Parker, Earth X

My Ride
    2005 S50

What kind of nissan?
    Sentra?

Shouldn't it have read: "WE the total jackassES were driving through busy traffic, cutting left, right and center and tailgating every car all down Glenmore. People are honking, flipping middle fingers at US." since you were following him the whole time. Don't pass judgement on people when you do exactly as they do. What if YOU caused an accident, were you going to tell the cop you were trying to make a citizens arrest and that it was all his fault?

Originally posted by ZorroAMG
    Shouldn't it have read: "WE the total jackassES were driving through busy traffic, cutting left, right and center and tailgating every car all down Glenmore. People are honking, flipping middle fingers at US." since you were following him the whole time. Don't pass judgement on people when you do exactly as they do.
    No it should NOT. Maybe you should not pass judgement on me Mr. Grammar Officer because I did NOT do exactly what he did.

I hung behind and was able to catch up and ride his bumper sometimes because he got held up by traffic ahead, I didn't match him move for move (drafting) when he was dangerously cutting people off.

I was a little ticked because the guy just cut into the center lane just to shove me off from my lane change. I was trying to get in front of a slow-moving semi in the center lane (plus the fact that the right-most lane is a forced exit onto 14ST) and he had A CLEAR LANE ahead of him in the leftmost lane.
    He changed lanes ONLY to shove me off, I back off, he occupies the lane for a few seconds and then he goes back into the leftmost lane he came from. I'm like WTF?

The guy CONTINUED with the jack-off driving all the way down westbound Glenmore, so it wasn't an accidental 'one-time' incident.

After the Crowchild exit, when I backed away (calmed down), the guy in the big white boat flew by me and took his turn at trading shots with the Nissan. That was when it got brutal. Squeezing between a semi and dump truck, etc.

Originally posted by ZorroAMG
    What if YOU caused an accident, were you going to tell the cop you were trying to make a citizens arrest and that it was all his fault?
    I wasn't going to perform a citizens arrest, I just wanted to have a friendly conversation at the next light.
    Instead, I had a chat with the guy in the white boat.
    "All these years I thought it was power that brought responsibility. It's not. I was wrong. It's responsibility that brings power. It's knowing what needs to be done that brings strength. And courage." - Peter Parker, Earth X

My bad...

My Ride
    GMC Sierra

there are a lot of total asshole drivers in calgary who think they are hot shit

calgary has the worst drivers on the planet.
    I've driven in ALOT of different cities, all over the planet.
    And calgary takes the cake

Originally posted by Joe Malms

My Ride
    a wrx.

so should i believe u or should i believe the professional study done that says calgary is 3rd for best drivers in canada?

Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    so should i believe u or should i believe the professional study done that says calgary is 3rd for best drivers in canada?

That is the dumbest study I've ever heard of. Calgary drivers are the worst I've ever seen anywhere, and I've lived all over Canada. This is also the ONLY city where people insist on driving indefinately in the left passing lane.

My Ride
    2008 BBP Accord Coupe

I wasn't going to perform a citizens arrest, I just wanted to have a friendly conversation at the next light.
    Instead, I had a chat with the guy in the white boat. [/B]
    so did you just get beside the guy in the boat and say "man that nissan guy is a prick"? what did you guys talk about??
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear. The traitor is the plague.”
    —Cicero, Roman statesman and lawyer

My Ride
    GMC Sierra

I think it would be difficult to do a study on "best driver". whats the criteria? IMO there are to many people around here that ride your ass, drive very slow in the left lane, yield in merge lanes or drive insanely fast. The worst is yield in merge lane I HATE THAT

Originally posted by sxtasy
    I think it would be difficult to do a study on "best driver". whats the criteria? IMO there are to many people around here that ride your ass, drive very slow in the left lane, yield in merge lanes or drive insanely fast.

I agree on all your points. Calgary has AWFUL drivers.

My Ride
    a wrx.

Originally posted by Abom

That is the dumbest study I've ever heard of. Calgary drivers are the worst I've ever seen anywhere, and I've lived all over Canada. This is also the ONLY city where people insist on driving indefinately in the left passing lane.
    well, somehow i think that a paid study is somehow more credible than just some random dude on the internet with zero credentials.

call me crazy...

My Ride
    2008 BBP Accord Coupe

lol
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear. The traitor is the plague.”
    —Cicero, Roman statesman and lawyer

My Ride
    GMC Sierra

im not saying that im more credible than a "professional study", i am just stating what I THINK is the obvious. too many stupid drivers around here. Look at all of the traffic deaths in the last couple of days. Maybe that has something to do with it, maybe it doesnt. But in my experience, i have seen so many stupid drivers in calgary. I'm sure it has something to do with traffic congestion in calgary, all of the construction in calgary and just general driver frustration. All in all i am frustrated with other drivers in calgary

My Ride
    a wrx.

Originally posted by sxtasy
    im not saying that im more credible than a "professional study", i am just stating what I THINK is the obvious. too many stupid drivers around here. Look at all of the traffic deaths in the last couple of days. Maybe that has something to do with it, maybe it doesnt. But in my experience, i have seen so many stupid drivers in calgary. I'm sure it has something to do with traffic congestion in calgary, all of the construction in calgary and just general driver frustration. All in all i am frustrated with other drivers in calgary
    and im sure that someone who has lived in edmonton their whole lives would say the same thing about edmonton drivers.

My Ride
    03 Kawasaki ZX636, 00 Honda Civic CX, 01 Yamaha R1

... calgary driving is pretty scary, 'specially for us bikers... at least all of the car drivers have something around em to protect them.
    I have been followed so close sometimes by people in cars I thought that I was gonna get run over.
    I totally agree that lots of drivers have no respect for other drivers here in calgary, and that maybe some should maybe grow a brain to go into those hollow heads of theirs

lol

maybe some drivers training courses would do...
    When in doubt, pinn'er. :P

JJLuke Guest

Vegas drivers are worse.

Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    and im sure that someone who has lived in edmonton their whole lives would say the same thing about edmonton drivers.

I've lived all over Canada, and overseas as well. Calgary has, hands down, the worst drivers I've ever seen

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast