Quantcast
Post your best 3 photos of 2007 - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your best 3 photos of 2007

My Ride
    Not a Silvia.

Great stuff in here, nice work everybody.

Got my camera in Feb, and these are my faves so far:

I <3 Macro.

Dolphins in Kelowna.

Matt Good solo acoustic - you could've heard a pin drop.

My Ride
    MKVII GTI, LibTech HotKnife&TRice

Originally posted by mboldt
    1. Nikola Tesla w/ Guest Vocalist(s) &amp; Rowdy Crowd

2. D-Sport - Summer

3. Johnny Truant - January 07
    Hey dude,

Was that at the NT last show?
    Killer show with COTA right?
    Guess who's back... tell some men.

My Ride
    a couple of '91 Toyotas, Yamaha

Originally posted by xmattx8
    fuck yeah nikola tesla.... rip
    I was thinking the same thing. When was that? I haven't been to a show in a long long time.

My Ride
    13 AUDI A4, 14 TUNDRA SR5, 12 VW GOLF TDI

Default My best 3 pics of 2007

My 3 fav pictures of 2007

Emerald Lake, Yoho National Park B.C

Pentax IstDs + Sigma 15-30

Sulfur Mt, Banff National Park AB

Pentax MZ-3 + 43mm f1.9 limited, Fuji Reala 100

Rocky Rigde Home

Pentax MZ-3 + Sigma 15-30, Superia 400
    Last edited by muse017; 01-03-2008 at 01:10 AM.

My Ride
    2008 Z06

Amazing stuff in here.
    BerserkerCatSplat, contrats on the Import Tuner publishing!!!!

I didn't take many photos other then out sledding last year, so this is about it:

Current Cars:
    2019 BMW X3 M40i Stage 2, 12.44 at 110mph
    1972 Chevy Super Cheyenne C10 Pickup 402 big block, 700R4
    2004 GMC 2500HD 8.1L

Past Cars:
    1970 Chevy Blazer, 2wd
    2003 BMW X5 4.6IS Doushmobile, moneypit
    2015 Ford Fiesta ST | Cobb Stage 1, catless downpipe
    2008 Corvette Z06 - 11.39 at 123.8mph
    2002 Corvette Z06 - 12.10 at 116.5mph
    2005 Jeep Wrangler LJ
    1993 5L Mustang - 12.59 at 108mph
    1989 5L Mustang
    1990 Jeep Cherokee
    1991 Acura Integra RS 403Honda

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

Okay, I've made my 3 picks. Though probably not my best photos of 2007, they're 3 that I'm very pleased with for various reasons. This year was very busy for me as well. At some points, I wouldn't get to see my results for close to a month because it was just shoot after shoot after shoot! (In fact, I'm still slightly backlogged!)

In no particular order...

From a wedding I did this summer. The blowing veil, her smile, and the girls' feeling of anticipation for the bouquet (despite not being able to see their faces) does it for me. Plus she didn't want to throw the bouquet for the photos, so I had to talk her into it and convince her the flowers were going to be okay

As CatSplat mentioned, the Defrost group (which include some Beyond members) was active with studio/model photography this year. We finished off the year by organizing a shoot that included building a set from the ground up, decorating and furnishing it, gathering models and a make-up artist, and pooling together enough lighting for 3 separate sets at once. This is a sample from our big year end shoot.

If anyone's got interest in participating in future Defrost events, check out http://www.defrost.ca and/or feel free to contact me for more information. New faces are always welcome if you're serious about this type of photography. No experience necessary.

I've always been fascinated with the way those 60-70's colour photos look now but could never figure out what it was that made them look the way they did. Certain colours would be really vibrant and heavily saturated, while others muted and faded. Plus they tend not to have a lot of sharpness or detail. I think this photo has those qualities and could probably be passed off as one of those old family vacation photographs. I could never figure out how to get that look, but managed to inadvertently get it with a bunch of photos within this series I took last month.

I took this photo because i liked the way this old, fat guy was excluded from all the fun the young, happy people were having and how he was sort of fading away into the shadows. He just kept staring into the water like he wanted to be a part of it all. Haha, seems like I'm overanalyzing a photo, but that's actually how I decide whether a scene is worth photographing or not when I'm doing street photography

One of my goals for this year was incorporate more people into my photos and I was able to do that whether it be through studio, wedding, event, or street photography. The big thing for me was to get into studio shooting which I definitely did a bit of. A long time goal I've had was to see something of mine get published, and it happened. My plans for 2008 are really just to build on what I've gotten a good start on in 2007 and though it's only a couple days into January, things are already looking on the up and up

The only goal I didn't meet this year was I was gonna cut back on buying photographic equipment! In fact, I probably spent more this year than any other year! Ahhhh shit.

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

My comments about some of the work here: AMAZING! I'm very pleased to see there's so much talent in this group! You guys who are just in your first year of shooting, your guys' work is so much better than the crap I was putting out when I started. Keep it up!

Bukka: Photo 1, great shot! Print it and frame it!

mboldt: Photo 1, that's a really good photo! Fisheye?

teggypimp95: I'm not into car photography, but I really like photo 3! I think the only thing that would've made it that much better is if you could've centred the car directly between the two arrows.

DJ Lazy: I didn't know you were into photography!

Evolize: Photo 2's very touching. Presumably she's okay now?

Cam: Nice job on photo 3, but the stage looks slightly tilted. How close were you?

muse017: You got some sensor dust and a hot pixel on photo 1! (Sorry, it's a pet peeve of mine!) Hahaha, those are really nice colours though. I thought Reala was only available in 100 speed?

Keep 'em coming!

My Ride
    Highlander

Fantastic finalists this year everyone!!! 2007 was a good year for Beyond photography!

2007 was a very busy year for me. If I remember correctly, my main goal for the year was to change directions with my work. Scale back on weddings a little bit and steer more towards selling my work as art. Well this year I have accomplished that, or at least I am well on my way! I got my large format printer for canvas printing. Because of my trip to Scotland 2 years ago and our honeymoon there again in May, I entered a booth in the Calgary Highland games and did quite well there. After a revamp of my website and a push towards Christmas, I've done quite well in 2007.

Goals for 2008 would be to continue to make that end of things bigger and better and get business booming a little more. I have plans to enter the 2008 Canmore, Calgary and High River highland games and see how I do there, as well as a few other festivals in Calgary. I'd like to travel more and do more far from home type photography, we already have a trip planned to finish Scotland and visit Greece in the spring. Maybe an eventual long weekend trip to Utah and/or Death Valley. I would also like to be published in a photography magazine, branching out from the usual car magazine stuff from the past. And last but not least, try a few new things in the studio. Until this year, I never really liked working one on one with people. There was one shoot that changed that, so I'm really looking forward to doing some unique specialty shoots and learning more in that area.

Sorry for the rambling, here are my favorite shots from 2007. I found it super hard to narrow it down to just 3, so I have a top 3 and an honourable mention. In no particular order:

This was the shoot that totally changed my perception of working in the studio. I had a former bride approach me with an idea for a Christmas gift for her husband. This shoot was inspired by a Rolling Stone magazine cover and I was absolutely thrilled with how well it turned out.

Our honeymoon was by far the most amazing opportunity for photography and this was a favorite from the trip. Edinburgh Castle from the gardens below. It was raining and the wind was blowing like crazy, it was F*$&! cold. But I love the picture

We took a TON of day trips this year cause I've been photographically bored with Calgary (I owe that to a month of forced Calgary themed shootin a few years ago for a Gallery night) but the mountains and rural Alberta has served me well in the city's place. This shot was taken of one of the last grain elevators in Alberta, located in Dorothy (about half an hour from Drumheller)

And my honourable mention goes to another Scotland picture. I love this one for so many reasons. It's Arthur's Seat, an extinct volcano in Edinburgh. The colors, composition and surroundings in the photo turned out amazingly well. But the photo means more than just the final product, it symbolizes an adventure. We set out to climb it one day and we did it. This picture was taken when we were half way up. We climbed all the way up there despite insane wind that nearly had us falling down the other side. Couldn't resist not adding this to my top photos of the year.

Thanks for taking the time to look (and read my ramblings). Good luck to you all in 2008!

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

Originally posted by D'z Nutz

Zing!

My Ride
    1990 RB20S13

For you guys getting great exposure and publishing deals, how do you go about gaining the exposure?

And how are some of you using basic equipment or "stock" lenses and gaining such crisp clear colorful photos.

My Ride
    2015 VW GTI

Originally posted by BerserkerCatSplat

Zing!

HEY!! Don't encourage him Trev!

Great results from everyone this year..

My Ride
    Civic SI / Ducati Monster

My top 3:

Honourable Mention:

My Ride

Originally posted by 2000_SI

Honourable Mention:
    [/B]

I am very familiar with this place...I've never been to this place but I am pretty sure someone esle on beyond has very similar photo of this place...maybe Melinda? I am not sure tho..
    Anyways Great shots !!! Keep them coming

My Ride
    nothing :(

2000_si love the tims cup in the exhaust

Awesome pics everyone. Thank you for sharing!!!

Keep up the good work and be sure to share your 08' work.

As for me, I'm hoping to get my first SLR this year *fingers crossed*

My Ride

muse017: You got some sensor dust and a hot pixel on photo 1! (Sorry, it's a pet peeve of mine!) Hahaha, those are really nice colours though. I thought Reala was only available in 100 speed?

[/B]
    Thank you for pointing it out!!
    FIXED!!
    I made a mistake on reala one,,,2nd pic was reala 100 and 3rd pic was Superia 400. FIXED!!
    Bad memory

My Ride
    Highlander

Originally posted by muse017

I am very familiar with this place...I've never been to this place but I am pretty sure someone esle on beyond has very similar photo of this place...maybe Melinda? I am not sure tho..
    Anyways Great shots !!! Keep them coming
    Yeah I was up there two years ago. this photo made my best of 2005 top 3. I really like his though, the clouds and general dreary feeling to it adds a neat mood to the picture. I'm actually surprised it's his HM and not in the top 3!

My Ride
    slow

Originally posted by New Direction

I was thinking the same thing. When was that? I haven't been to a show in a long long time.
    at the earliest a year and a half 2 years. i only saw them once in lethbridge. i acually havnt been to a show for like a month either.

My Ride
    a car

Hard to pic three, but I'll put up three portraits and leave the landscapes for later.

Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand

My Ride
    '05 Mazda3

Wow, I really like the match light photo smc!!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast