Quantcast
WTF... colon cleanse? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: WTF... colon cleanse?

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Default WTF... colon cleanse?

Has anyone tried this? Someone suggested it to me but I'm not entirely sure of the concept.

Does it work? Is it healthy? Is it worth the average $90 cost? Are there actual benefits to it?

My Ride
    01 em2

just go and take a really big dump....

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Watch the Penn&Teller Bullshit episode about it, it's amusing.
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Came back to ogle 2Legit2Quit wife's buns...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They're certainly big, but I don't know if they are the BEST I've tasted.

I do one a year.
    I'm a believer in them.

colonblow.com

Originally posted by Tik-Tok
    Watch the Penn&Teller Bullshit episode about it, it's amusing.
    I saw that episode. It was P&T's birthday present to that guy.

OP seems to be having a few medical problems lately. Is this sudden urge to have something stuck up his butt due to this?

My Ride
    GC8 Sti R

HAHAHAHAHAHA

My Ride

Originally posted by icecreamvan

I saw that episode. It was P&T's birthday present to that guy.

OP seems to be having a few medical problems lately. Is this sudden urge to have something stuck up his butt due to this?
    So apparently you have no idea what a colon cleanse actually is, but thanks for the lame burn?

My Ride
    I like. :)

Default Lego's Colonicle

Colonblow FTW, make sure you're wearing Oops I Crapped My Pants undergarments.

Watch the Osborne episode where the Osborne boy does it. Or get in the zone, ColonZone.

My Ride
    3.0L Of pure turbocharged testosterone

Colon Cleansing is actually a good thing to do apparently, it cleans out all of the toxins and stuff that kinda "hang around" in there and dont get for lack of a better term, "pooped out"

Ive talked to a few people who took the stuff and did it, and felt alot better, increased energy, etc....that and i think it reduces the chances of colon cancer? not 100% on teh cancer thing. Anyways, from what ive heard its worth it.

My Ride
    3.0L Of pure turbocharged testosterone

Wow....you people are stupid.....

i love how when a good thread involving health questions comes along, everybody has to be morons and make it funny, when its clearly a serious question. Get a life...

I think Penn and Teller is pretty serious.

So because your post is sincere (albeit ignorant) everyone else is a moron?

My Ride
    I like. :)

Okay... I may as well pitch in something useful. Colon cleansing is a good thing to do, not necessary but it can definitely make you feel better... afterwards. Depending on the method you choose, during the actual process of colon cleansing it can be a little uncomfortable, tough, or nauseating for some.

The only method I have any experience with is the herbal colon cleanse. No mechanical (ie. tubes, pumps, hoses, etc.) parts required. There are instructions in the cleansing kit, you may be required to eat a specific diet for 2 weeks to 4 weeks (maybe more). The time required to complete a cleansing depends on the brand you get and the 'express' (less time req.) or 'gradual' (more time req.) versions.

The active ingredients will result in you going to the washroom a bit more than usual to defecate out various amounts of toxic buildup that will be loosened from your colon. After you're done, you should feel lighter and healthier, and have a better working digestive system overall.

Scam like all the other cleansing nonsense. Medically there is no reason to get one done.

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

If you eat properly, there is no need for a colon cleanse.

Just make sure you have enough fibre in your diet and your body will cleanse itself.

I saw a late night informercial on this shit. I was all into it and after doing a lot of research, I realized it is required and can actually be bad for you. Most MDs do not recommend it. Changing your diet will have the same effect.

My Ride

Originally posted by benyl
    If you eat properly, there is no need for a colon cleanse.

Just make sure you have enough fibre in your diet and your body will cleanse itself.

I saw a late night informercial on this shit. I was all into it and after doing a lot of research, I realized it is required and can actually be bad for you. Most MDs do not recommend it. Changing your diet will have the same effect.
    Talked with a doctor about it today and he told me the same thing. It's good to have friends that are doctors

My Ride
    K20A2

It's good, I do one once a year. Although it's not medically porven by western medicine but other parts of the world that don't have western medicine use herbs and all sorts of other things find that it's effective. Not all natural stuff is gonna work for your body, some are great and some don't do anything. Usually when you do a cleanse of some sort, a diet program will be with it. You can purchase these different types of cleases at GNC and Morning Sun Health foods.

Flex
    Built with Chopsticks

Originally posted by 95EG6P
    It's good, I do one once a year. Although it's not medically porven by western medicine but other parts of the world that don't have western medicine use herbs and all sorts of other things find that it's effective. Not all natural stuff is gonna work for your body, some are great and some don't do anything. Usually when you do a cleanse of some sort, a diet program will be with it. You can purchase these different types of cleases at GNC and Morning Sun Health foods.

Flex
    So which doctor told you that?

Or what is the salesperson selling you the Wild Rose laxitives/cleanse for $100?

Many placebos have been shown to make people feel better. Those havent been proven by western medicine either.

My Ride
    01 em2

Originally posted by sputnik
    Many placebos have been shown to make people feel better. Those havent been proven by western medicine either.
    BINGO!, i was just going to say this, if people BELIEVE that something will make them feel better, increase energy, better their health, guess what IT WILL. It's called the placebo effect, if you think something will help your body, you will think you feel better even though the treatment itself may have been completely useless. Same thing goes for this colon blowing buisness, some people have posted here that they feel healtheir and more energetic, etc.. thats the placebo effect at work, there is no reason to be vacuumed out once a year or however often it is, with a PROPER diet your body cleanses itself regularly, watch your fiber intake.

My Ride
    Does it really matter what I drive?!?!?!

I've actually done a few session of colonics and it has helped me. A little bit about my background and experience. I'm a very regular person that would go once if not twice a day. I also eat pretty health and exercise. Anyway, I was going through a tough time last year (found out my spouse cheated one me and was dealing with lawyers about separation papers and what not). Least to say, I was dealing with a lot of stress, and when your body is stressed, things change. Anyway, I wasn't able to go for three four days and was feeling really uncomfortable and bloated. I ate a lot of fiberous foods, but nothing, it was getting to the point where I was feeling pain in my abs. So, a friend told me about doing a colonic. I did some research on it and decided to give it a try. I found this place: http://www.arcadyholistic.ca/ and they had a 4 hour Rejuvenation Program that includes a one hour colonic session, 2 hour sauna session and a one hour massage. It is a little pricy, but it was well worth it. Of course it was very uncomfortable at the beginning, but if you learn to relax it's not so bad. Anyway, asked them a lot of questions during my session and they actually examine your stool when it comes out. They told me that in one session some people lose 1-3 lbs due to fecal matter. They also told me when Elvis died, they found that he had 25lbs of fecal matter in him (I don't know if that's true or not, but it grossed me out!) They told me a lot of interesting facts and about their educational background, etc. After my one hour colonic, the sauna was so relaxing. You would go in for 20 mins and come out for 20 mins and wipe yourself down with an cider mixture so your body doesn't absorb the toxins back in. This would be done three times. After that, you get a massage. I did the program once and continued to do the colonics a couple more times after that.

If you just want to do a colonic, I believe that it's $70 at Arcady. The people there are wonderful to deal with and are very professional.

With all the junk that I have been eating over the holidays, I'm planning on doing a detox program along with the Rejuvenation Program in the next couple of weeks. I know that some people don't believe in the holistic medicine, but honestly, it helped me during the time when I really needed it.

If you have any other questions, you can PM me. Anyway, that's just my 2 cents.
    Where are all the materialistic people?!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast