Quantcast
is anyone using enmax easymax? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: is anyone using enmax easymax?

My Ride
    04 CL9

Default is anyone using enmax easymax?

I'm moving into my first house at the end of the month and need to start organizing my utilities. Ive heard about enmax easymax from a friend, she says its great. I just wanted to see if anyone has had any experience with it. good? bad? any other suggestions for utilities??
    Originally posted by Mar
    If I made a thread for every douchebag I wanted to set on fire in traffic, I could run an entire forum by myself.

My Ride
    A car, a truck, and a bike

I've used it for 3 years now....its nice having one bill! I had also signed into a contract at the same time which saved me a ton of money in the long run, as it was right before gas prices went thru the roof consistently....No regrets about using it here!
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    04 CL9

anyone else?
    Originally posted by Mar
    If I made a thread for every douchebag I wanted to set on fire in traffic, I could run an entire forum by myself.

I use it... I haven't see any downside with it yet.

My Ride
    4Runner Trail Edition

When you first sign up you must go with direct energy first (or another company), then after 60 days or so (When the contract actually takes effect) they notify Direct energy and take over.

I'm on easy max but havent been long enough to see any savings =)

I'm on EasyMax as well. Had to go w/ Direct for the first month or so before I could switch over. Other than getting charged a deposit (brand new customer, no history w/ Enmax), it's been good. Highly recommend it as:
    - it's nice to get everything on one bill
    - rates are cheaper than Direct
    - you get a small discount for having everything w/ Enmax
    - a 5 yr contract w/ Enmax can be cancelled at any time w/o penalty (I know - sounds odd but it's totally true).

I heard easymax is good for winter... since they have a "fixed" rate correct? and you could basically use as much electricity as you want?

But I'm interested in this program... have had my eye on it for like 2 years now.

My Ride
    2008 BBP Accord Coupe

Originally posted by Bimmer88
    I heard easymax is good for winter... since they have a "fixed" rate correct? and you could basically use as much electricity as you want?
    Dude the fixed rate is on how much they charge you per MW or Kilowatt or whatever. You don't just get charged say $50/month no matter what you use lol
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear. The traitor is the plague.”
    —Cicero, Roman statesman and lawyer

My Ride
    a minivan, a maxima, and a KLR

I'm on it too...very convenient

Its good for the winter but I found it was still good in the summer. This past summer, my fixed rate was still lower than the normal floating rate from Direct Energy. Its definitely convenient and so far it seems to have saved me a good chunk of cash too. Just don't forget that while you're waiting for it to kick in, your default provider needs to activate you. Otherwise, Enmax won't have a contract to take over and or your default providor won't give you service.

My Ride
    99 Civic Si

sorry to bring this back up agian,

but for those on easymax plans, besides the gas rate being fixed, are the other fees/charges, like admin, delivery and what not about the same or less than direct energy's fees?

I'm still with direct energy and have been considering switching to the easymax plan now.

My Ride
    2006 Jetta TDI,2006 Saab 92-x,2013 F350 Platinum

Careful with Easymax. The electricity is cheaper, but the gas rate is stupid expensive. Just go with the electricity and let your gas rate float. When I signed up, the floating gas rate at the time was about $5.82 /gj. With easy max they wanted $10 or $11 a gj.

My Ride
    99 Civic Si

Originally posted by Iqoair
    Careful with Easymax. The electricity is cheaper, but the gas rate is stupid expensive. Just go with the electricity and let your gas rate float. When I signed up, the floating gas rate at the time was about $5.82 /gj. With easy max they wanted $10 or $11 a gj.
    Ok, well here's the current rates posted for easymax
    Elect - 5 yr fixed @ $0.08
    1 yr fixed @ $0.09

Gas - 1 or 5 yrs fixed @ $8.95/GJ

And don't know the floating rate price.

Do i assume that the other fees about the same for direct energy to enmax's for the gas?