Quantcast
Impark! - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Impark!

My Ride
    Turbos n Stuff™

Default Impark!

Okay, I recieved a letter in the mail stating I got a parking ticket from IMPARK way back on MAY 15 03 but I never got no ticket, nor was I parked at an Impark lot!

They are stating that they are going to referr me to collections for payment. Can I tell them to fuck off and never pay it?

What has everyone found about IMPARK as I know everyone has an experience with it.
    Travel

My Ride
    04 maxima, 03 ML320

there just doing that to scare you, let them take it to collections, they wont even do it, they arnt even allowed to send out notifications to you in the mail like that, there was some big legal suit my roomy was telling me about, i say fuk em

My Ride
    Turbos n Stuff™

I'm going to call them in the morning and explain that no matter what they do they will never get a dime out of me.
    Travel

My Ride
    Village Bike

I got 6 Impark tickets within 2 months a little over 3 years ago but of course never paid them. They're still mailing letters saying that there going to take me to collections and blah blah blah. Well turns out that the "collection agency" is associated with Impark (not sure if they have same parent company or what). I am not condoning not paying at Impark to park but damn...less then 2 minutes after my ticket runs out and there's a ticket on my windshield? Yes...out of the 6 tickets, 5 of them were issued less then 2 minutes after my stub expired (I checked the expiry time and time of ticket issue to compare).

Although if they want to...they can tow your ass as you are on private property.

Ya.. they can't do jack to you providing the total of tickets aren't over like 100 bux cuz even if they take it to collections, collections won't even pursue it cuz it'll end up costing them more money to go after you than what the tickets work, seeing as Impark is a private company.

Just make sure not to get busted again parking at an Impark or parking at an Impark for that matter seeing as they luv to bend ppl over with crazy parking prices for the downtown area!
    asdf

My Ride
    2007 Acura TSX

Originally posted by Roadrage
    Although if they want to...they can tow your ass as you are on private property.
    That's ALL that they can do; they can try to sue you as well, but their legal costs will by far outweigh the money you owe them. The only people who have LEGAL rights to ticket you are of course the city and civil servants... impark can't charge you shit.
    What I did since I like to park downtown when I got a ticket was say: I'll give you $10 and we call it even, if not, you get nothing. They had no prob with that, and so I can still park there and not worry about being towed.

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

I was told by a reliable source that if it's your first ticket from Impark, they have what they refer to as a courtesy ticket, in which they'll throw it out for you. Explain your situation, and ask them about that.

My Ride
    Turbos n Stuff™

okay, thanks!
    Travel

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

No prob. I can't guarantee that they still do it though, cause that was a few years ago, but it's worth a try.

My Ride
    UA6

yeah i've gotten one before from impark, never paid it. they threatened the collection agency thing too, but i never did anything, they didn't do anything.

My Ride
    Turbos n Stuff™

Meh, if they dont I'll just tell them outright. Save your money if mailing stuff and the LD phone calls and hiring a lawyer, cause they will never ever ever see a dime!
    Travel

My Ride
    335i

Most collection companies are commission based. Many Impark tickets are not worth very much money ie $30.00. Usually, collection companies charge 1/3 of what they recover.

If Impark were to pay out 1/3 of the 30 bones to a collection agency, they would receive a whopping 10 dollars for the work they provide. Not worth the phone call for most collection agencies imo.
    Original Post NAZI Moderated

Originally posted by r3cc0s
    Felon or Mistermeiner

My Ride
    Turbos n Stuff™

well this one says its 69 bucks, but regardless, they can still eat their ass!
    Travel

My Ride
    '08 Mitsubishi Lancer, '97 GMC Jimmy

I got a BS Ticket from Impark last year, i Waited for the Letter in the Mail, then called the Head office( Which is in Vancouver) and by then my Lisence plate was on another car of mine , So i just Said there was a mix-up becuase i dont even own a Tempo! ...Suckers! ...If they dont leave you alone just call and Make up Some BS Story that it Wasnt you, worked for me!
    "Car Manufacturers give us a well engineered basic car but leave it's real development to us."

My Ride
    '99 Civic HB, '95 Odyssey

I asked the Calgary Parking Authority if there was any advice they could give me about Impark and in the detailed reply I received I found out that Impark still has to contact the city and get your car ticketed before they can legally tow it away.

I don't park at Impark lots anymore 'cuz I don't want to tempt fate and I don't want to give them any of my money.

Greg

My Ride
    '13 MB C350 W204 '09 Gixxer 750

I have a friend who works for Impark in Vancouver. He said that they typically won't tow a car unles it has been left overnight. This is because they by the time they get the paperwork done, call the towing company and actually tow your car it take about six hours. Of course most people will be long gone by then.

He also told me the easiest way to get out of your impark tickets is to change your licence plate yearly. It won't get rid of your old tickets but it starts a new account for your car (less likely you'll be towed).

My Ride
    MTA

If you get tickets from Impark, just don't park at an Impark lot anymore. They can tow your car and impound it. Don't pay them. I have impark tickets from 5 years ago and they sent me the letters too. And that was the last I heard of them.

My Ride
    B7 RS4

Ben, just make sure that your credit rating isn't being affected by their collection agency. Sometimes they will jerk you around that way.

Your credit rating will NOT be affected by parking tickets of any kind. I pull people's credit bureau everyday and they will never show up...don't worry about your credit rating. Technically, you do not owe them any money. Private properties cannot charge money for parking. It is not enforceable in court. They can only tow a car if it is parked on the property. Rock on with you bad self Benny!

My Ride
    08 VQ35HR

I have never ever paid an impark parking ticket... and I think I've got about 4 or 5 so far... You just get nasty junk mails and phone calls to threathen you... just ignore them and eventually they will go away like flies!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast