Quantcast
Review: ClearWash in Aveneda Mall (SW Near Canyon Meadows Train station) - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Review: ClearWash in Aveneda Mall (SW Near Canyon Meadows Train station)

My Ride
    Reeks of Awesomeness

Default Review: ClearWash in Aveneda Mall (SW Near Canyon Meadows Train station)

So... first i would just like to say I have never let someone else wash my car..... until now.

I was on my way to an event on Friday night and was wearing a suit... my car was filthy but did not wanna stop at a wand wash and do it myself (as I usually do) because i was wearing a suit.

So i stopped by this place in aveneda mall i had heard of ... thought i would give them a try. Its completely hand washed and dried including in the door jams.

They have all sorts of packages including interior and exterior cleaning... waxing... polish.. all that stuff.

Well I was in a rush obviously so i just got the exterior wash.

First off I had no idea it would be 18 FRICKIN DOLLARS

So they took my car and i went into the building to pay and stuff. The inside was very nice.... surprisingly nice actually. The lady at the till was nice and they had free internet and everything... which is what i did while i was waiting for my car to go through.

I watched them do my car and noticed when it came out of the wash there was marks on my windows.... at the time i just thought it was fog... cold outside... hot inside... fogging.

I got back in my car and noticed a ton of mud on my driver side window (inside). Then i looked around... there was mud everywhere!!!! On all 4 windows... on the door panels... on the a-pillars. I was quite pissed.

So i went back right away and showed them the mud... to which they replied "well you got only an exterior wash..."

to which i said "YA... i understand that... but when i brought my car here I sure as hell didnt have mud all through my interior!!"

the guy replied with "Well I guess when he was wiping down the door jams there was mud on his hands"

I thought... wow... so a guy is cleaning my car with mud on his hands??? awesome!!!!

The guy took a multi purpose spray of some sort and cleaned the dash, windows, and door panels.... still doing a terrible job. I am going to clean the rest off tomorrow some time.

SO ... I was quite pissed off about the whole thing... the exterior had water sports all over it... the interior had mud all throughout it.... it was just terrible... AND IT WAS 18 DOLLARS!

NEVER GO TO CLEARWASH IN AVENEDA!!!! NEVER!!!

I worked at a honda dealer for a long time and my worst job cleaning a car would have been equal to these guys' best effort I think.

If your car needs a good cleaning... please bring it to me. haha. I will do it for cheaper than them and a WAYYYY beter job.

So.... I have learned to continue cleaning my own car.

SHORT VERSION: Took car to Clearwash... job sucked. Water spots all over and mud from guys dirty hands all throughout the interior. Plus it was 18 frickin dollars. Rip off and terrible job. DONT GO!

My Ride
    05 g35, 08 altima coupe, 10 pathfinder

which honda dealer do you work at?
    i have always heard bad things about that place but never the mad

My Ride
    Reeks of Awesomeness

I had worked at T&T Honda last summer. Now i am in school.

My Ride
    Subaru wagon

it wasnt jdm was it? that might explain why they couldnt wash it

My Ride
    Reeks of Awesomeness

lol nope. It was a freaking Honda Fit... one of the smallest cars on the road thus you would think easy.

Apparently not.

My Ride
    18 Model S, 20 Macan S, 67 Camaro & 11 SLS

well, I've gone to the clearwash probably 5 or 6 times... and the've done such a great job with my car. It's unfortunate that you had a bad experience. Mine was great. They even took the time to hand clean my rims. I was impressed!

got a gift card there for 2 "executive" washes... used one of them and it turned out really good if i must say... cleaned the inside and outside up nice and hot-waxed the whole car... it was really well done i was impressed.

My Ride
    Perpetual Test Drive

Brought my moms car in once and they did a really good job I think. Way better then Johnny Rockets or Bubbles or what ever the hell its called now.
    War is Peace. Freedom is Slavery. Ignorance is Strength.

My Ride
    Reeks of Awesomeness

Interesting that guys had good experiences.

But come on... 18 DOLLARS?!!?!?! If I spent 18 dollars at a wand wash my car would be spotless as hell.

My Ride
    Cayman

Originally posted by wardpr68
    Interesting that guys had good experiences.

But come on... 18 DOLLARS?!!?!?! If I spent 18 dollars at a wand wash my car would be spotless as hell.

with $18, I could wash my car 9 times at a wand wash (but I would have to towel dry it 9x, which is abit of a drag when its cold

Originally posted by Proyecto2000

with $18, I could wash my car 9 times at a wand wash (but I would have to towel dry it 9x, which is abit of a drag when its cold
    Go at night when it is not so busy so you won't have to worry about taking up a spot towel drying your car which is what I do.

Hopefully, the people at handwashes use a clean towel to dry your car.

My Ride
    Reeks of Awesomeness

well they sure as hell didnt for mine

18 bucks wash it 9 times? how is that possible if u want ur car actually clean and shinny?

it takes my 5 bucks average to just clean it when its not that dirty at a coin wash...
    Last edited by Shift_Perform; 01-06-2008 at 05:45 AM.

My Ride
    a wrx.

I'd never go to those places. As if some punk kid making $9/hour is going to take the time and effort to take care of my car the way I would. Same reason I don't ever valet park.

My Ride

Originally posted by Shift_Perform
    18 bucks wash it 9 times? how is that possible if u want ur car actually clean and shinny?

it takes my 5 bucks average to just clean it when its not that dirty at a coin wash...
    That's what I was thinking... so he spends 2 dollars to wash his car everytime??? How clean can it be? I barely get the car sprayed down with 2 dollars.

My Ride

Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    I'd never go to those places. As if some punk kid making $9/hour is going to take the time and effort to take care of my car the way I would. Same reason I don't ever valet park.

I know it sucks to see shoddy work, but what did you expect besides some goof kid cleaning your car at one of these places.

Plus $18 seems alot, but if you break it down its not. When I go to the wand wash, I easily spend 5-6 bucks. They have to pay for water, cleaning supplies, salaries for useless punk kids, their managers, building leases, possibly a franchise fee, internet for customers, and then they actually need a profit as well.

That said, I cant remember the place, but there is some asian run place, that will hand wash the outside of your car, dry it, and vacum and wipe down the inside for $20 bucks.

My Ride
    BMW E70

I took my car there a couple months ago and was fairly impressed with it. I recently tired Bubbles with the RX and it came out mostly clean... The inside of the mirrors were still dirty and they didn't do a fantastic job in the inside. Overall Bubbles did and alright job but I would try Clearwater again over Bubbles.

At those places though, I never get an exterior only wash. I always get them to do the inside and the outside.

My Ride
    Cayman

Originally posted by Jlude

That's what I was thinking... so he spends 2 dollars to wash his car everytime??? How clean can it be? I barely get the car sprayed down with 2 dollars.
    then you either have a big car or your not fast enough :P

i go to the car wash behind whitehorn station, $2 gives u almost 4minutes, which is enough for me to spray the complete car with normal "rinse" water, clearcoat protection spray and follow it off with the "spotless" rinse.... my car always looks really clean. you guys must be the type of people who rinse their car for 5minutes, then use the soap brush for 10min and then rinse it off for another 5min thus spending $5+
    Last edited by Proyecto2000; 01-06-2008 at 07:03 PM.

My Ride

Originally posted by Proyecto2000

then you either have a big car or your not fast enough :P

i go to the car wash behind whitehorn station, $2 gives u almost 4minutes, which is enough for me to spray the complete car with normal "rinse" water, clearcoat protection spray and follow it off with the "spotless" rinse.... my car always looks really clean. you guys must be the type of people who rinse their car for 5minutes, then use the soap brush for 10min and then rinse it off for another 5min thus spending $5+
    Actually no.. I'm not 100% sure how much time I get for 2 dollars at the car wash near douglas glen. However.. when I throw in a toonie... I rinse the entire car thoroughly to make sure all the dirt is off... even the mud so that when I brush it, I'm not brushing dirt all over my car and scratch the shit out of it. Then I do the wheel wells to make sure they're spotless.

I'm very peticular about my car so now... my lude isn't that big, I'm just picky.

so yes, when I wash my car... I'm one of those guys that spends 5+ dollars!

but is you $2 job good enough for you to wipe off with a shamee than wax on?

just 'cause it looks clean doesn't mean it really is

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast