Quantcast
"Biggest Loser" Experiment - Page 11 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: "Biggest Loser" Experiment

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

Originally posted by Oz-

I was doing my testing through my bathroom scale, but decided to start using Peak Power at SAIT for testing weight/bf5/girth measurements.

So weight is holding at 257ish and 18.5% bf. Will see how my weight goes down on this recomp, which also has me doing a half TCD. All my BF is in my gut, hips, back, chest, when they did my legs there was barely any skin for the caliper to grab. Hardest part to get rid of now.
    257 @18.5% is pretty good! How tall?

Shit man @10% you'd be 235. Unreal.

I'm starting the heavy BCAA days now. See how it goes.

Also check you Pm's.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    TL

Originally posted by Darkane

257 @18.5% is pretty good! How tall?

Shit man @10% you'd be 235. Unreal.

I'm starting the heavy BCAA days now. See how it goes.

Also check you Pm's.
    Made a typo, 28% not 18%. Yeha 235 at 10% would be insane, but that will require a ton of work and a lot of a years on my part. Glad that I eventually went to Peak Power to get my BF/weight/girth checked, the bathroom scale that I was using is way off.

Let me know how that goes with the heavy BCAA's, seems like the first week you might stall in the gym. But after that you are flying around.
    Last edited by Oz-; 04-30-2008 at 06:10 AM.

My Ride
    2002 SVT Focus

Latest update: kinda slipped over the last few months,but I'm trying again.Went to WeightWatchers last night , and I'm down
    a total of 23 lbs since January. Not very good,but I'm hoping to do more exercise working around the house and the yard.
    I'm also going to get a bicycle.

My Ride
    2015 MK7 GTI

Originally posted by Mr_ET
    Slow progress this week.

Last week 160 to 164

this week 159.5 to 164 at night fully dressed.

I think I am alsmot at the point where I can't really lose anymore weight and now it's just about getting more muscle definition.

Time to go out and buy some weights! Any places you guys would recommend in town? I just want some freeweights (sp?) and would like to spend less than 100$ on that.
    Well it's been a while since my last post here but the weight loss is still going which is surprising.

I am now between 154-158 fully dressed. I am getting a weight set this week and hope to start bulking up a bit.

I still have a tiny bit of weight I want to lose in the chin area and the waistline but I'm almost back to where I was in high school..

My Ride
    2005 Chevy Trailblazer

Well, this needs to be bumped. At my last post, 245ish, now I am around 232. In about two months, thats not too bad. Want to hit 220 soon but the stampede might hinder me a bit!

My Ride
    huffy

Originally posted by Mr_ET

Well it's been a while since my last post here but the weight loss is still going which is surprising.

I am now between 154-158 fully dressed. I am getting a weight set this week and hope to start bulking up a bit.

I still have a tiny bit of weight I want to lose in the chin area and the waistline but I'm almost back to where I was in high school..
    how tall are you? 150 seems grossly thin to me... but i am 6'2

My Ride
    90 DA9

Guess its been quite a while since my last update.

Anyways, Im down to 212 now.

Started Jan 6th/08 at 282. Last weight was June 29th at 212.5lbs.

I couldnt be happier with the results!

My Ride
    2015 MK7 GTI

Originally posted by teg_boya

how tall are you? 150 seems grossly thin to me... but i am 6'2
    I'm 5 8 so 150 is not so bad for me.

I am happy to say that I am hovering around 150.5 to about 154 now and I am no longer losing weight because there isn't really any left to lose.

Now I need to start using the weight bench in my basement for something other than collecting dust!

My Ride
    kryptonian meteorite

how do you find out your body fat%?
    program, math, physical check? i dunno haha.

and im thinking of getting a heart rate monitor for my workouts. ive heard of the "FAT BURNING ZONE" but does it really work? or should i just go balls out everytime doing workouts/cardio?

My Ride
    MKVII GTI, LibTech HotKnife&TRice

I've written about this before, but basically if you're doing high intensity cardio you'll always be burning more total calories. If you eat right, lift weights then high intensity is for you. If you haven't worked out in years, start out slow and work your way up.
    Guess who's back... tell some men.

My Ride

Long time reader, first time poster.

I'm 5 lbs away from seeing a 1 as the first number on my scale in over 7 years and 15 lbs from my 6 month goal of 190lbs. Peaked out at about 238 last summer. Now i'm 204.3! Losing about 2-3 lbs a week. C'mon summer time!

My Ride

I'm trying to get back on course as well. I was doing good for about a month, good diet, was loosing weight, felt good. But somewhere along the way I let it slide and I completely lost my ground that i gained. I watched some very helpful videos from @ http://www.youtube.com/user/VinceDelMonte and have incorporated some of the meal ideas/plans.

I am trying to hit up the gym at least 5 days a week. Incorporating a hard run on the treadmill to warm up and get my heart rate up, and supersets to maintain heartrate. For meals I have 1 normal sized meal a day, along with 2-3 snacks yogurt, vegetables, cereal, oatmeal etc... Limiting meat to 1 serving a day. For supplements, i take lipo6x as a metabolism booster and hunger suppressor(which i find works great), 2 protein shakes w/ skim milk a day, and creatine twice a day with juice, and plenty of WATER. It's basically an amped up version of what I was doing before and it seemed to work very good for me.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

haha you should try those damn suicide ranch wings for a diet ray, they work wonders at "cleaning" out your system

you white people can't handle hot food. i can pop those all night.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

i can handle hot food just fine... can pop those little peppers you get at pho places into my soup just fine... but those wings were hot! and i did not see you jumping to finish them haha.... but yeah monday morning was rough

i asked you if you wanted to trade me. ahahaha i warned you about the flaming shits in the morning.

My Ride
    335xi 70 c10 84 c10 Indian chief

I started working out again in late late December. I started out at a FAT 270. I am currently sitting at 234 as of last night. My program was the built for show program. I just did cardio after and on my off days. I also changed diet for the most part. So 36 lbs of fat. I also grew about an inch n my upper chest area and in my arms but lost 2 to 3 inches on my waist. I believe I am curently around 20% body fat. But I don't know how accurate the test was.

I also love got food. And I'm white. Johnny cash at the rusty cage hurt like fuck

Good luck for the best result.

I went from 253 to 237 in a little over a month... only area of my life where I see results. 17 lbs to get to my goal. It's like this:

Soy milk shake for breakfast, with 6 egg whites fried in a teaspoon of olive oil.

2/3 cup soy milk
    1 banana
    1/2 cup frozen berries
    1 tablsespoon honey
    1 40g serving whey protein

4 meals throughout the day, consisting of either chicken or fish, with a raw vegetable

40g serving protein shake with whole milk mid-afternoon.

Pre-workout shake, same as breakfast minus the protein powder, and a piece of chicken or fish, and a carb. Brown rice or some other healthy cereal.

Workout 3 on 1 off, 3 on 2 off. Chest, Legs, Arms/abs, shoulders/back traps and 30 mins of cardio 15 mins stretching with each workout. On top of my physically demanding occupation.

Post workout, 40g whey protein with whole milk, 6 egg whites.

Hydroxycut/vitamin c/omega 3 capsule twice daily.

That's all there is to it.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 ... LastLast