Quantcast
"Biggest Loser" Experiment - Page 12 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: "Biggest Loser" Experiment

My Ride
    Exploded.

I went from 175 to 150 in ~2 years? I'm just working on maintaining that weight and losing just a little bit more.

I'm pretty happy with what has happened and it's all about portion control for me.

I eat out of a small bowl and since moving out of my parents' house, I no longer have to deal with hefty portions.

I try to keep busy with exercise and sports so it's all about keeping it simple and staying motivated.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

You'll always be the biggest loser in my books flipstah!

Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    M3P

Thanks to Kerry for making this post years ago and coaching me and giving me advice initially. I've lost over 200lbs and although it's a struggle everyday to continue to make changes and make the right decisions I'm much smarter and happier.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Hey, you're still kicking around here Jeremonovancover!
    Last edited by JRSC00LUDE; 01-09-2015 at 01:44 PM.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    M3P

Hey, you're still kicking around here Jeremonovancover!
    On occasion. I'm about that lurk life now and that's Jeremonavoncover to you JRC00LDUDE

awesome life change
    good for you!!!!

long living!!!!!!!
    Originally posted by hurrdurr
    Thanks to Kerry for making this post years ago and coaching me and giving me advice initially. I've lost over 200lbs and although it's a struggle everyday to continue to make changes and make the right decisions I'm much smarter and happier.

My Ride
    DA6, R59

Originally posted by hurrdurr
    WOW!!! Great job, that is absolutely amazing!

The biggest problem is the north american diet. It is loaded with high fructose corn syrup, which causes the body to have a high sugar level and also causes stem cells to turn into fat cells.

If you can avoid high fructose and Caffiene you will notice your appetite will drop.

Building muscle will mean that your body has to burn extra calories to beet the need. Also cardio should be kept light but long in duration. If you aren't able to carry ona conversation, you are not going to burn cals. You also need to go for more than 30 minutes to really get into the fat burn mode.

Lastly working out to start the day will be of greater benefit.

Originally posted by Thales of Miletus
    The biggest problem is the north american diet. It is loaded with high fructose corn syrup, which causes the body to have a high sugar level and also causes stem cells to turn into fat cells.

If you can avoid high fructose and Caffiene you will notice your appetite will drop.

Building muscle will mean that your body has to burn extra calories to beet the need. Also cardio should be kept light but long in duration. If you aren't able to carry ona conversation, you are not going to burn cals. You also need to go for more than 30 minutes to really get into the fat burn mode.

Lastly working out to start the day will be of greater benefit.
    Problem isn't the North American diet as much as non-commitment and lacking/not taking the time to prepare healthy meals.

Nobody eats delicious sweet baked goods at gunpoint, and regardless of genetics or other harder to control factors ANYBODY can lose a significant amount of weight by simply taking the time to cook healthy meals and staying focused and committed. It's all about individual choices, not the "North American diet".

Originally posted by heavyfuel

Problem isn't the North American diet as much as non-commitment and lacking/not taking the time to prepare healthy meals.

Nobody eats delicious sweet baked goods at gunpoint, and regardless of genetics or other harder to control factors ANYBODY can lose a significant amount of weight by simply taking the time to cook healthy meals and staying focused and committed. It's all about individual choices, not the "North American diet".

The problem is that there is a lot of hidden crap in food. Steroids and antibiotics in meat. Unnatural sugars in foods.

I would love to see Alberta build miles of greenhouses, simply so we can get fruit that hasn't been stored for a year.

These days you have to stay as healthy as you can, simply to survive the constant toxic attack.

But yes you are right, people can eat healthier. . At least Canadians aren't Americans. Americans are a good reminder of what happens when you don't watch what you eat.

Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

At least Canadians aren't Americans. Americans are a good reminder of what happens when you don't watch what you eat.
    don't get out much, eh? in a 2007 study, overweight rates in canada were only slightly less than in the US - i'm willing to bet it's even closer now. I would expect a genuis to know this.

click for larger version
    » Click image for larger version

My Ride
    TypeR

Originally posted by heavyfuel

I couldnt agree more. Cooking your own food allows you to not only control the portions you eat but it a hell of a lot better then eating out. In the end its all about portion control and calories in vs calories out. We live in the generation of value deals and massive as portions for everything.

As a trainer I deal with poeple all the time that are not educated at all with how they gain weight and how to lose it. The worst part is that they will go to such extremes instead of just cooking lol.
    IG:scboss

My Ride
    911 & Cayenne

Originally posted by warcaster

I couldnt agree more. Cooking your own food allows you to not only control the portions you eat but it a hell of a lot better then eating out. In the end its all about portion control and calories in vs calories out. We live in the generation of value deals and massive as portions for everything.

As a trainer I deal with poeple all the time that are not educated at all with how they gain weight and how to lose it. The worst part is that they will go to such extremes instead of just cooking lol.
    I think another huge issue is people not understanding what is and isn't healthy. It seems to me that if it says 'diet' or 'low fat' then people just assume it's good for you. Also, the amount of useless calories people take in with things like sugar/cream in coffee, drinking juices, etc. Another big issue seems to be how you prep food, I for one only bake my meats (tastes like shit but whatever) and eat all my vegetables raw, I also don't cook with sauces, I just pour some rooster sauce on my food when I eat it.

I feel like I eat like a pig (everyone at work constantly bugs me about how I spend all day eating) and some how I manage to lose weight while doing so.

Right now I'm eating the same thing daily and have not gained any fat in the last 6 weeks:

meal 1: 6 eggs, a turkey sausage and a piece of Ezekiel bread (pre-workout)

meal 2: 2 chicken breasts with a whole pepper, asparagus, a tomato, 1/4 of an onion and a cup of quinoa.

snack: apple cut into 4 pieces covered in almond butter

meal 3: 2 pork chops with a whole pepper, asparagus, a tomato, 1/4 of an onion and a cup of quinoa.

meal 4: 2 chicken breasts with a whole pepper, asparagus, a tomato, 1/4 of an onion and a cup of quinoa.

snack: apple cut into 4 pieces covered in almond butter

meal 5: 2 turkey sausages with a whole pepper, asparagus, a tomato, 1/4 of an onion and a cup of quinoa.

I also make sure I drink nothing less then 4 litres of water a day.

It all comes down to thinking about what you're putting in your body.
    We stopped checking for monsters under our beds when we realized they were inside us.

You can get creative and still maintain/lose weight. I use olive oil in small amounts when I cook salmon and chicken. Soy sauce, chili flakes, black beans, ginger, garlic, tex mex spice, list goes, there's no need to eat bland food to stay lean. Typically for me, it's like this:

4 eggs, 1 avocado for breakfast, shake made with 1 banana, 1 scoop whey powder, 1 tablespoon peanut butter,( the real Adams stuff) 1 cup soy milk 1 cup water, and 30g bran flakes (unless it's a no carb day)

If breakfast is at 8, then meals at 10, 12, 2, 4, 6, pre workout, post workout. I vary between:

Salmon fillets, 125g portion usually baked with a drizzle of olive oil and dill, served with tzaziki sauce

Chicken or turkey, 125g portion with 50g tzaziki sauce made fresh with balkan yogurt, grated cucumber, dill, garlic, lemon juice and olive oil, or soy sauce, or black beans and ginger, or some other from-scratch seasoning.

Shrimp or rockfish, once again creatively seasoned prepared from scratch 125g portions

Tofu with peas, carrots, corn, onions, zucchini, etc. 150 gr portions

Ground beef or turkey with peas, carrots, corn, onions, zucchini, etc. 150 gr portions

The odd time I'll switch it up to duck, gonna try quail too next grocery run

1 cup skim milk with 2 scoops whey powder mid afternoon

A pear or 2 throughout the day

Pre-workout shake same as breakfast

Post workout shake 2 cups skim milk 3 scoops whey protein, then a meal an hour later.

Drink lots of water, close to 5 litres prolly I fill my 1.5 litre bottle twice at the gym alone

Never any juice or pop, ever.

Keep turkey pepperoni on hand in case of emergency, missing meals

Fish oil caps, vitamins c thru e, no fancy hyped up supplements other than GNC isoburst whey protein.

Cheat meal here and there, usually a few Coronas and pizza at Famoso's

255lbs to 220-225lb since August with moderate strength gains and huge aesthetic/cardio gains.
    Last edited by heavyfuel; 02-03-2015 at 05:48 PM.

My Ride
    Exploded.

One thing that helped a lot for me was eating off of a cereal bowl. Small portions.

I don't drink pop and take my coffee black.

I also cut a lot of rice off of my diet but not completely.

My Ride
    NC1

Originally posted by flipstah
    One thing that helped a lot for me was eating off of a cereal bowl. Small portions.

I don't drink pop and take my coffee black.

I also cut a lot of rice off of my diet but not completely.
    Absfor2015?
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    Exploded.

Originally posted by max_boost
    Absfor2015?
    I have the outlines. In the morning.

Just remember, abs are made in the kitchen not in the gym.

My Ride
    Exploded.

^ For sure. However, my love for cooking outweighs my desire for abs.

I'm in good shape and am very active with sports so I'm no slouch but man, them abs...

My Ride
    911 & Cayenne

Originally posted by flipstah
    ^ For sure. However, my love for cooking outweighs my desire for abs.

I'm in good shape and am very active with sports so I'm no slouch but man, them abs...
    meh, abs are over rated.

I'd rather have big arms, shoulders, chest and back then be way smaller with a perma six pack.
    We stopped checking for monsters under our beds when we realized they were inside us.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 11 12 13 LastLast