Quantcast
Im gonna get banned for this - Page 4 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: Im gonna get banned for this

My Ride
    '87 RX-7 Tii

I see less and less tastefully mod'ed cars on the road lately, and I've come to the conclusion that most who put stupidly huge/fugly spoilers, absolutely ugly body kits and completely mindless designs on the sides of their car want people to think only one thing: Look at me and wonder how much money I've spent/wasted on this thing!

Most amature trickers do the dumbest things (of which I won't mention as I have recently misplaced my fire-retardent suit). It's not too often that I see a tastefully done ride meander down the street, it's getting to the point where I think stock is beautiful and most 'show' is not.

I have, of course, seen many an amazingly tricked out ride and thought "Wow, now buddy put a good deal if thought into constructing that", as opposed to "What hole did THAT thing drive out of"

I think movies like FnF/2F2F have only hurt the import market... I haven't seen anything good come from it (No Skylines, no Lan-Evo's etc. parading around the streets) Instead I've only seen mufflers you could stick your head into, ridiculous twerks and stupidly loud cars. So now, cops are crackin' down on perfectly harmless tuners because of all the dumbasses who suddenly think they're tricking gods.
    "Well here's the problem. Some koot put an Acura engine in your Honda."

My Ride
    B18C5 neon -|-y|>3 r

Originally posted by Doodle
    "Don't go looking for a compliment if you can't take some criticism".....people do cars up to get attention and for their own sense of fun, and deep down inside people want to show off what they've done. No everyone will like what you did so tough shit, refer to first quote.
    I'd kinda disagree with you man...i myself have built my neon from scratch...at first it was a balance of show and go...i'd do a little for looks, i'd add a little for go. After a while the faster i got the car going the less i cared about go. Now i'm at the point where go is all i care about and even driveability and functionality are falling lower and lower on the priority list. I dont do it at all for attention, i do it as a hobby and because i just love working on cars. I do it because i wanna see if i can take something from nothing and turn it into something. I've spent so many hours working on that car and so much money and still little fags diss it coz "hey, it's still a neon and it must be a POS"...So? Do i care? No! Will i see those people at the track? NO! Since my car is built for that what reason do i have to want to impress anyone...at the track the car can speak for itself, and since it's not anything amazingly fast yet, it wont impress anyone anyways...I have no problem with the "show" cars and i respect the people that actually put a lot of work into them as much as i respect any stupid fast car. However IMO people that do the show do that to be flashy and to turn heads which is no different than doing a 60foot burnout off the line at the stoplight. It'd be great if we could all have show and go but if we did we'd all be driving exotics!

Originally posted by mad_psyentist
    I see less and less tastefully mod'ed cars on the road lately, and I've come to the conclusion that most who put stupidly huge/fugly spoilers, absolutely ugly body kits and completely mindless designs on the sides of their car want people to think only one thing: Look at me and wonder how much money I've spent/wasted on this thing!

Most amature trickers do the dumbest things (of which I won't mention as I have recently misplaced my fire-retardent suit). It's not too often that I see a tastefully done ride meander down the street, it's getting to the point where I think stock is beautiful and most 'show' is not.

I have, of course, seen many an amazingly tricked out ride and thought "Wow, now buddy put a good deal if thought into constructing that", as opposed to "What hole did THAT thing drive out of"

I think movies like FnF/2F2F have only hurt the import market... I haven't seen anything good come from it (No Skylines, no Lan-Evo's etc. parading around the streets) Instead I've only seen mufflers you could stick your head into, ridiculous twerks and stupidly loud cars. So now, cops are crackin' down on perfectly harmless tuners because of all the dumbasses who suddenly think they're tricking gods.
    I have to agree... it all depends how it's done up... a rusted out civic with a park bench wing or the unpainted big mouth bumper makes me think "why didnt he get a new paintjob first, or at least paint the bumper?" After TFATF and its sequel I too prefer the stock look of cars, done up conservatively and tastefully - not to say cars like the lexus above arent nice, because it was done very well...

My Ride
    Vorsprung durch Tecknik

Bottom Line: Everyone has their own tastes. No matter what you do some people will like it others will not, its called being human.

If you don't like getting bashed don't be too extreme\overdone.

Fast or not a subtle look will always be more appreciated.

Also some people just have bad taste period.

My Ride
    01 330i

Originally posted by 95acc
    Everyone is here because they like cars, right?
    Does it really matter if it is show or go?
    I have to agree with alot of the above post's that there is alot more show haters than go haters.
    We, as shop owners/employee's only build what our customers want, I am sorry if everyone does not like the cars that we and others around the city do but as far as i am concerned it is the show cars that drive the industry.
    You ALL have to admit that if you walked into SCN on saturday and there was NO show cars and all race cars you would be a little disapointed with the show. You might not like driving a show car but looking at one every once and a while isn't so bad.
    I wil give props to anyone who wants to cutomize there cars, if you only want to lower it and get some wheels cool, or if you want to go for speed like Allan or Nick, that's great as well,Full show like Nicole or Marlon sweet!
    It does not matter what you do to your car as long as you enjoy doing it.

And as for the haters if all your going to do is sit at a keyboard and talk shit about others, take my advice and
    Get a life!!
    very well said. Exactly what I was thinking.

It's nice to see this thread finally come up, it was due.

My Ride
    MX-3

people should do what they like to do,
    so if you like it do it
    if you don't, don't do it
    simple

don't diss what people like to do
    cuz, some people might not like what you do.

who really cares?
    do you drive it?
    do what you like to do with your ride?

that ride reflects you and no one else

so who cares?

My Ride
    2007 Impreza Wagon

Who cares what anyone else thinks about your car or your friends car etc etc? If you're in this so called sport or hobby more like it, to impress people then there are always going to be people that don't like your car because it doesn't have this or that. If that bugs you then you've picked the wrong hobby IMO.

My Ride
    Really FAST Ones

Goin Fast is Lookin Good LOL
    Lookin Good is Goin FAST
    "HOME of the AWD DYNO"

My Ride
    04 STi

Originally posted by Speed_RaSiR
    Bottom Line: Everyone has their own tastes. No matter what you do some people will like it others will not, its called being human.

If you don't like getting bashed don't be too extreme\overdone.

Fast or not a subtle look will always be more appreciated.

Also some people just have bad taste period.

Originally posted by Razor
    people should do what they like to do,
    so if you like it do it
    if you don't, don't do it
    simple

don't diss what people like to do
    cuz, some people might not like what you do.

who really cares?
    do you drive it?
    do what you like to do with your ride?

that ride reflects you and no one else

so who cares?
    what is this? ... a fucking poem??

Professional DJ equipment for sale: Click Here

I dont know why but I hate it when ricers use the word "Tuner".
    Ex. "Nice Tuner car Bro"
    "Theres a lot of Tuners on here"
    It just sounds stupid imo.
    1990 Poonstang
    1990 Sexplorer
    1967 Chevelle Panty Dropper
    2003 GMC SLE 1500HD Donkey Hauler
    2013 Ram Longhorn w/ a 6" lift and 35s
    2017 Nissan Maxima

My Ride
    1988 Accord, 1990 4Runner SR5

That's so true! Us "ricers" don't say anything negative about track cars/fast cars that don't have any show. So why do all the ppl on this forum diss all the show cars that don't have go? When you buy a car, performance AND looks is a factor. Right? So why diss the ppl out there that are more into the looks that the speed? Respect to cars like the STi and EVO 8, but would you still want that car if it was fugly? probably not. Why? cause looks matter. Us guys should know, cause we're all into all the hotties, but don't really look twice at the girl who's got a "great personality".

Word of advice to all tuners. Do what you like. Tell the haters to F-OFF!
    Very well put.
    Everyone has their own opinion of what they like. Some like show, some like go.. and if you don't like something about a car, like you think its "too rice" they just keep it to yourself, because nobody cares what you think.
    People like Marlon have obviously put a large amount of money into their car to make it look good, and make it the way THEY want it, because after all. It is THEIR car, and not yours.

And I personally, have decided to go for show, and then go with my car. And hopefully in the end have a car which fills both ends of the spectrum. But in my case, it will actually be cheaper to go show, and not go... and on a restricted $7/hr budget, I figure it is the better way to go.

To each his own....

My Ride
    99 Civic

meh, I've been called a RICER so many times that I actually believe it now. Damn you Tuners!

My Ride
    '87 RX-7 Tii

Originally posted by colinderksen
    I dont know why but I hate it when ricers use the word "Tuner".
    Ex. "Nice Tuner car Bro"
    "Theres a lot of Tuners on here"
    It just sounds stupid imo.

Oh boy, here we go again...

Hn. Well then, what should the term be for someone who modifies the engines of cars non-proffesionaly if not 'tuner'. Perhaps mechanic then? Then in a few months... someone will pop up and start ANOTHER thread and be all like "Oh, I hate it when they call themselves 'mechanics' "

Once you've added/modified/whatever ANYTHING in the engine for the better, you have 'tuned' the engine (like tuning a piano). And in the English language, one who tunes is a 'tuner'. Bleh.
    "Well here's the problem. Some koot put an Acura engine in your Honda."

rice is when cars look faster than they are. things like cuttings springs to me is rice. if you want to lower your car, do it properly, get a proper suspension setup that will improve the cars han dling greatly.
    dont paint your calipers red to make them look like brembos, buy some good brakes like AP or Brembo. if they are stock, leave them looking as such
    bodykits are fine, but only as long as the engine is also modified equally. fart cans are all good so long as they are on appropriate cars. a super drager on a 500bhp gt-r is fine, but not on a civic.
    whatever the car looks like it can do, it should be able to.

Originally posted by Gondi Stylez

thats mar's car
    fuck what everyone says that car in my oppinion is amazing

My Ride
    civic/el

you know what!!! fuck all you on bashin cars and shit !!! If you don't like it then shut the fuck up !!!!Everyone is gettin sick of this shit cause people blab their mouth to much!!! Ya ok maybe people don't like my car , I rather you come talk to me instead of people hiding behind there fuckin computers, thinkin their all that!!! all you haters don't hide behind a fuckin computer, say it to our face!!!! You haters all ruinin the import industry, everyone wants to have fun and just ride in their own style soo let them be !!!!!
    FOR SALE HONDA CIVIC SHOW CAR 14.9 GRAND

My Ride
    a wrx.

Originally posted by el conversion
    you know what!!! fuck all you on bashin cars and shit !!! If you don't like it then shut the fuck up !!!!Everyone is gettin sick of this shit cause people blab their mouth to much!!! Ya ok maybe people don't like my car , I rather you come talk to me instead of people hiding behind there fuckin computers, thinkin their all that!!! all you haters don't hide behind a fuckin computer, say it to our face!!!! You haters all ruinin the import industry, everyone wants to have fun and just ride in their own style soo let them be !!!!!
    lol i understand that ure pissed at ppl dissing your ride, but u could use some tact.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4