Quantcast
Looking for Straight A's - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking for Straight A's

Default Looking for Straight A's

In these Courses... for ppl who've taken these.. are they relatively easy to get A's in??

1 ASTR207
    2 ACCT323
    3 GLGY209
    4 COMM362
    5 GEOG205 (or urban studies maybe)
    6 CNST 201
    7 GRST 211
    8 GLGY 301 (not sure)
    9 ENG393
    10?

thanks
    Last edited by colt22; 01-09-2008 at 12:08 AM.

By stats and econ I would assume you mean stats213 and econ micro. The consensus is that those courses are pretty easy, and if you didn't perform so well in those classes I can't see you doing better in courses such as acct323 (managerial accounting correct?).
    Last edited by dimi; 01-08-2008 at 01:44 PM.

My Ride
    a tinpot

Any 200 level GEOG class is a breeze.

Geog 213 with slezak was a breeze..i remmber taking it with a bunch of football guys too ...they thought the same thing...

Art 209 is super easy if u have basical art skillz

GRST 211 is super easy too ...PM me if u want to know a easy way to get an A in this course

My Ride
    a wrx.

I find that "easy" classes are easy to pass, but doing well in them still requires work. If you're averaging 2.1, you've got an uphill battle ahead.

My Ride
    GTI

Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    I find that "easy" classes are easy to pass, but doing well in them still requires work. If you're averaging 2.1, you've got an uphill battle ahead.
    Depends on the course, I took anthropology 2** and it was the easiest thing I've ever done. I probably did about 4 hours of reading for the course, wrote 2 mid terms and a final, most of it was m.c. I probably would have recieved the same mark if I had missed ALL the classes.

My Ride
    a wrx.

Originally posted by Hakkola

Depends on the course, I took anthropology 2** and it was the easiest thing I've ever done. I probably did about 4 hours of reading for the course, wrote 2 mid terms and a final, most of it was m.c. I probably would have recieved the same mark if I had missed ALL the classes.
    2.1 average?

My Ride
    dulls my senses

GRST 205 is a joke too. I went to like 10 lectures all semester, wrote the two papers ( i think ~1000words, a couple hours anyways), and the final and mt were like 15min each, and got an A-. If they still have that GRST online course (not sure if its 211), then take that as its probably the easiest course youll ever have.

Glgy 209 should be easy too, but ive heard that GOPH 375 is easier. Not sure about glgy 301, it is for non majors but you also have to have already done an intro course.

O, and those courses you listed dont add up to a 2.1 gpa...
    Last edited by ScottysZ; 01-08-2008 at 10:02 PM.

looks like im screwed... better work my ass off

My Ride
    GTI

2.1 average?
    LOL, no, not even close.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

I really agree with this. I have a hard time knowing beforehand if a course is going to be easy or hard, I just take what I find interesting. Knowing a class is "suppose" to be easy makes me put my guard down and not really care because, well it's easy! Take what you want is my advice. If you find material interesting you'll care about it.

And about GRST211, don't bother PMing that guy. He'll just tell you to take it on the computer and google all the answers and use your dictionary you're given. In other words, cheat like crazy.
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    a wrx.

Originally posted by Hakkola

LOL, no, not even close.
    Exactly. Some people can take hard classes and still get As without trying, but people toting 2.1 GPAs around will probably still not find easy As in the easy classes.

My Ride
    The EI Gravy Train - Choo Choo!

why waste your time taking easy classes? Wouldn't you rather learn something?

Not to sound righteous, but I took an "easy class" GEOL 301, and was bored out of my mind. Going was painful, when I went. From then on I took stuff I was interested in, or though would be practical (EAST 317, ECON 341) and enjoyed myself much more. My GPA wasn't as high, but who cares, at least I got something out of it.

d

any elective classes are a waste of money... fucking cash cows for the university imo.....
    i got shit out of it... wtf am i going to do with an greek and roman studies class in accounting? nothing.

Originally posted by in*10*se
    any elective classes are a waste of money... fucking cash cows for the university imo.....
    i got shit out of it... wtf am i going to do with an greek and roman studies class in accounting? nothing.
    I would have much rather taken some finance classes instead of all the bogus options

My Ride
    "Four f***ing wheels and a seat!"

Originally posted by in*10*se
    I agree with that you're saying -- I think that the university attempts to justify it with ensuring that its students are more "well rounded" (intellecually speaking). I think that that's bs though, because being in university, that act in itself, I would imagine shows that you are a "well rounded" person to begin with -- open to new ideas and actively learning new things on your own time...at least that's waht I am like.

GPA boosting classes are lame. You should take exactly what you think would benefit you most. If what you choose is tough, you just need to work harder.

Originally posted by 250and3
    why waste your time taking easy classes? Wouldn't you rather learn something?
    I would much rather take a class that I am interested in as I would likely put more work into it, which will lead to a good mark. These GPA booster classes are so lame

Although you guys are right that a lot of these classes are terrible, if your program/profession makes judgments largely based on grades than that is what's important.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast