Quantcast
mercedes 350 4matic vs ? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: mercedes 350 4matic vs ?

Default mercedes 350 4matic vs ?

i know that there are other cars in this category that would out perform the c350. however i have to say mercedes did a bang on job with the design. this is definately better that most introductory vehicles. thoughts?

My Ride
    W213

based on design only?
    sure. its a good looking car
    or are you comparing only awd vehicles or what?

well on performance i know that the bmw 335 will outperform the c350 and the a4 may out handle it but these 2 cars dont have to design appeal that the benz does. i usually never say this because for a long time i have thought that mercedes were over priced and ugly. but something happend this year there design team has made some sexy lines on this car. and when you start going through the pricing and seeing that they throw in the amg style package into a base 350...wow.

i just dont see another car at that 50k benchmark that is better based on design. my personal opinion.

when i buy this thing i will post some pics. 3 months to bliss....

aaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!

My Ride
    400whp MR2 - An Italian and a couple of Germans

There is a massive wait on them right now, they look great, interiors are a bit sketchy and I'm not sure how their recent reliability has been.
    Looking for a new VW? How about a used vehicle? We are Central Albertas #1 source for pre-owned vehicles
    I will beat any deal on a new VW for beyonders

Gary Moe Volkswagen/Gary Moe Used Car Superstore!

Red Deer, AB

redlyne dont sketch me out here i just bought one. what do you mean by recent reliability?

My Ride
    2020 Genesis G70

Out of three 2007 S550 4matics that my company has only one has been in the dealership for something other than scheduled maintenance. And we have over 100k in mileage between the 3 of them. I think the newest stuff like the new S Class and the C Class should be much better than the old stuff. Besides, with 4 years of warranty, it isn't really much of an issue.

And I am totally with you that they look hot exterior wise. Interior is nice, but could be better.

My biggest complaint with the C350 is the lack of a manual transmission. More hp would be great too, but the tranny is the big thing. I would never consider owning it for that very reason. Same with the IS350.

thanks for the insight blownz.

and yes this is one sexy car. as for the interior the only complaint i have was the dash where the cd plyer and heat gauge are it does look a little plain for a benz.

edit:

as for the lack of a manual i am ok with this since i have never owned anything other that an automatic. plus at my age now racing around and trying to do some fancy hell toe stuff is a little past my time...hahaha
    Last edited by alias; 01-09-2008 at 07:05 PM.

My Ride
    2020 Genesis G70

Originally posted by alias
    as for the interior the only complaint i have was the dash where the cd plyer and heat gauge are it does look a little plain for a benz.
    That is exactly the main part I don't like. lol

And I'm getting older too and in a few months I will have 2 car seats in the back of my BMW but I still like to be more involved with the drive.

Either way, you won't be dissapointed in the car. My buddy has a C300 coming in April with the manual so I'm looking forward to driving it. Enjoy the car.

My Ride
    400whp MR2 - An Italian and a couple of Germans

Interesting to hear about your companies experience Blownz, it would seem the quality is improving. I know that from 00-05/06 there were some serious quality issues. the v6 3.2L had rod knock issues, the ML's had a lot of eletrical gremlins, as did many of the other benz models.
    Looking for a new VW? How about a used vehicle? We are Central Albertas #1 source for pre-owned vehicles
    I will beat any deal on a new VW for beyonders

Gary Moe Volkswagen/Gary Moe Used Car Superstore!

Red Deer, AB

when i talked to the sales guy at the dealership he mentioned that they have changed the 4matic for the 08 350. i sold my escalade a while back (as that thing is a pig on gas) and i was going to buy a cls 550 but then my senses kicked in. spending 1500 a month plus insurance is just a waste.

the only other major recall i can remember benz having was for the brake system on the e500 in 04/05. i am really looking forward to this vehicle. i hope that mercedes doesnt let me down.

blownz 2 car seats is some serious weight to be adding...lol jk.

My Ride
    2020 Genesis G70

Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
    Interesting to hear about your companies experience Blownz, it would seem the quality is improving.
    So far they seem to be better than the older S500's. We had 7 of them between 02 and 05. Never anything serious with them though, just stupid electrical problems like you mentioned. Seems to be the main problem with most German cars. Mechanically they are pretty reliable, just some electrical issues.

alias - yeah, no carbon fiber baby seats seem to be on the market yet. lol

Originally posted by blownz

alias - yeah, no carbon fiber baby seats seem to be on the market yet. lol
    blownz could you imagaine? that would be one pimped out baby seat. I am sure that porsche or someone has given it a thought...lol.

the electrical thing some what concerns me. the hassle of having to bring it back to the dealer for recalls does not seem like fun. everything that i have read and seen so far seems positive.

My Ride
    2020 Genesis G70

I think it is actually nice to be able to bring the car in once and a while for a free repair. That really doesn't bother me. But I'm talking like 1 maybe 2 unscheduled trips a year. Not like 1 a month. lol

a trip once a year would not be to bad i suppose. i think the worst part of this whole process is sitting here waiting for the next 3 months to pass...hahaha.

BTW - nice ride!

My Ride
    2015 bmw x5 2011 bmw 328i wagon 1990 bmw 325ic

i just bought a c300. I love it. Doesn't compare to my brothers 335 motor wise but man its a dream to look at. The way i see it is that for the little things they add on the car its a better buy than the bmw. At this point of my life I cold care less about 300 plus HP. I like my gadgets and i like styling. speed isn't really a factor.
    Not to mention there are way too many 3 series BMWs on the road. Not a lot of 2008 c class' out there (but I'm sure that will change soon).
    Interior of the car could be better thats for sure and thats really my only complaint. Other than that its a fun, safe, great looking sexy car.

What a life.

i would agree on the add ons for sure. the fact that it comes with the amg style package is a huge bonus. when you look at the classic vs the sport its almost like 2 different cars. i get the same feeling that we will be seeing alot more of these cars on the road. bmw hit a homerun with their design for the new 3 mercedes might hit a grand slam. either way for us the consumer its a win win.

My Ride

Right on the money. I felt that my purchase was a decent one. Mercedes told me that it was the only c300 sport in western canada that was available. I called every mercedes in western Canada and sure enough these cars are hard to find right now. I was able to get 5% off and I am happy with that.
    Love the car and I love how it drives.

What a life.

el-nino, you managed to knock 5% off the sticker?? thats probably around 1500 or so. They would only give me a grand off the car. maybe its because i chose to lease as oppose to purchase. at any rate maybe i should bring you next time i need to get a car...lol.

enjoy the ride my friend. i know i will when it arrives.

My Ride

Well the only reason why i got 2000 off is beacuse it was a executive driven car. It had 5k kms on it. However, it was not registered and i am considered 1st owner as well as I get full warrenty. I also leased it.

What a life.

thats still a great deal. as for the leasing im 100% with you on that. i didnt even bother to put anything down just straight lease for me it just works better. the amount of money you spend up front is just not worth it in my opinion. i dont think that i will ever buy another vehicle just lease.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast