Slow in the left lane? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Slow in the left lane?

Default Slow in the left lane?

This should come into effect everywheres:

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/us/...rs.beware.ktul

My Ride
    MB C63

like calgary

I hate people driving slow on the left lane. I am not a fast driver myself. If I saw someone closing in behind me, I always move to the right. And if I don't feel like drive fast, I will just stay on the right lane.

What's with those people driving 60-70 on the left lane in crowchild in a perfect day with no car in front of them!!!???

My Ride
    is Invisible

Originally posted by mucat
    I hate people driving slow on the left lane. I am not a fast driver myself. If I saw someone closing in behind me, I always move to the right. And if I don't feel like drive fast, I will just stay on the right lane.

What's with those people driving 60-70 on the left lane in crowchild in a perfect day with no car in front of them!!!???
    x2

They should start offering some type of Autobahn driving course here, people really need to learn how to drive.

My Ride
    Das Fahrenheit

Originally posted by adidas

x2

They should start offering some type of Autobahn driving course here, people really need to learn how to drive.
    I took the German drivers course when I was there, just for fun (Friend is an instructor). The difference is night and day. That course would take 15-20% of the drivers off the road!
    Originally posted by 89coupe
    I do get great service there, especially when I mention my name, haha.

My Ride
    Mall Crawler

Originally posted by Canmorite

That course would take 15-20% of the drivers off the road!
    you think to highly of calgary drivers
    sig deleted by moderator, because they are useless

My Ride
    Axis powers

i would love to see that here.. i don't know how many times i've been on a road and the car in front of me was doing 10-20 km under the speed limit and you can't pass them because ur being passed in the lines next to you
    Sig nuked by mod.

Originally posted by adam c
    i would love to see that here.. i don't know how many times i've been on a road and the car in front of me was doing 10-20 km under the speed limit and you can't pass them because ur being passed in the lines next to you
    How about 3 cars (on 3 lanes highway) line up on EACH lane driving side by side and 10 under speed limit. No one got to pass, traffc got held all the way back. It is just amazing something...

My Ride
    Axis powers

^^ yea those dicks too
    Sig nuked by mod.

My Ride
    firebird

Originally posted by mucat

Crowchild Trail = Concerned Soccer Mom Parkway

In my 4 years of going up crowchild everyday, I always used to use the very far right lane because the left lane was crammed with mini-vans doing 65.

I personally think that slow drivers in the left lane cause more danger through aggression and erratic driving manoevers than the does someone doing 10-15km over the speedlimit.

I have experienced driving through France and Toronto and people there, although a little nutty, still no how to get out of the way and keep traffic flowing.

My Ride
    08 Civc LX, 03 Durango, 11 Duramax

Today for example on crowchild on my way to school, some old shitty saturn doing 60kph in the left lane. everyone was accelerating hard and cutting in to the middle lane to pass. almost saw 3 accidents happen. if the dumb shit had sped up nothing would have happened.

My Ride
    firebird

Originally posted by 410440
    Today for example on crowchild on my way to school, some old shitty saturn doing 60kph in the left lane. everyone was accelerating hard and cutting in to the middle lane to pass. almost saw 3 accidents happen. if the dumb shit had sped up nothing would have happened.
    x infinity

This is the problem- it causes other drivers to make sometimes dangerous driving moves because they are aggrevated by drivers who do not have the courtesy to move over and let traffic flow.

I know they were on a blitz on Ontario a couple years back for this...ie. giving tickets for driving too slow in the fast lane.

My Ride
    Axis powers

one of my rants would be people driving downtown..

i know there are times where the roads are beyond congested but the other times when people drive 30-40... ffs like what the hell?

is there some unposted speed limit downtown that i don't know about? especially on 10th ave where there is only 1 lane
    Sig nuked by mod.

My Ride
    09 wrx265

yeah I hate slow drivers in the left lane, both my 2 speeding tickets were because I was trying to overtake drivers by taking the other lane

My Ride
    07 Ruckus, 05 Echo

We should to send this video to our MLA's. I think they should also restrict big trucks to the right most lanes.

My Ride
    2010 wrx

nah if all the trucks are in the right lane they would screw with merging and most people don't know how to do that properly already. center lane is where trucks belong.

My Ride
    06 TL

The problem is a lot of people in calgary don't even realize this should be done inside the city. A lot of friends I've talked to thing that the "right lane, passing lane" rule only applies to highways outside the city :S

Originally posted by mx73someday
    We should to send this video to our MLA's. I think they should also restrict big trucks to the right most lanes.
    I agree, but there are problems that come with that, they convoy in the middle and far lanes, so when someone in the quick lane needs to get over, there's no room. This is mostly in rush hour traffic.. then the left lane guy holds up the fast moving traffic trying to get over.