Quantcast
Holding 2 Canadian Passports - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Holding 2 Canadian Passports

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

Default Holding 2 Canadian Passports

I currently work overseas and do a fair amount of traveling. I've filled 38 pages of my 48 page passport in the last 16 months. I plan on traveling / working overseas for another year and will need additional pages for visas. I've checked the government's website but can't figure out if I can hold two (2) passports at once? I could get a letter from my company stating that I require it if it helps (I've heard this works in the UK). Does anyone have any experience with this?

No, you have to apply for a new passport. It used to be that you could add pages.

http://www.ppt.gc.ca/support/faq.aspx?lang=eng&id=301
    Damn +44411's

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

Originally posted by Ferio_vti
    No, you have to apply for a new passport. It used to be that you could add pages.

http://www.ppt.gc.ca/support/faq.asp...eng&id=301
    Thanks, but I already knew that you can't add pages. I've heard that in other countries (such as Great Britain) that people can hold 2 passports at the same time if there is a business need. ie. you're on one trip while your passport is getting the visa for another trip or in my instance I have a residence visa in one passport but still need to travel with the other. I've put in an enquiry through the ppt.gc.ca website but it will probably take them a while to respond...

My Ride
    cars

I don't think you can have two because they would each have a different passport number and hence you could be two different people?? obviously this is something to confirm with the Canadian Gov.

My Ride
    VW Scirocco GT

I think the my dad had a second passport stapled onto the back of his British passport, so that must be just adding pages.

Can you not just apply for a new passport, and when you get it return the old on (hopefully you haven't used it all up before the 2nd one get to you)?

My Ride
    cars

Originally posted by /////AMG
    I think the my dad had a second passport stapled onto the back of his British passport, so that must be just adding pages.

Can you not just apply for a new passport, and when you get it return the old on (hopefully you haven't used it all up before the 2nd one get to you)?
    I think that's exactly what you have to do... I need to renew my passport and right on the application it states you must return any previously issued passports..

My Ride
    del sol

U cant have 2 vaild Canadian passports bud

also

It is no longer possible to add pages to Canadian passports. An applicant who has a valid passport in which the visa pages have become filled with visas or entry-exit stamps must apply for a new passport.

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

The problem is that my current passport has my residence visa for Yemen so I need to hang on to it. I know people can hold dual passports but that's not what I'm after. I know people from Great Britain that have 2 British passports so they can have one to travel with while the other is off getting Visas and what not. Apparently you just need a letter stating a business need. I was hoping Canada had something similar but it's obviously not common. I'll have to follow up with the government once I'm done this trip and get it sorted.

Thanks for the replies.

My Ride
    A Honda Product!

only terrorists get 2 passports~

My Ride
    VW Scirocco GT

ya for me then!

My Ride
    pedals

if you have a visa or something you need in the first one, and the passport expires or gets full or whatevre, you just get a new passport and carry both until the visa itself expires (i just confirmed this last week due to a somewhat similar situation)