Quantcast
Apollo muffler... don't waste you time - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Apollo muffler... don't waste you time

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

Default Apollo muffler... don't waste you time

Cause they won't waste theirs.

Unbelievable. I go in there to get an estimate 1 hour before they close and they don't give me the time of day.

The guy at the front doesn't even say hello... he says:" We are booking into Monday."

I said: "All I am looking for is an estimate." He says: "We are booking into monday, my guys are busy." I say: "can you just come out and take a look, it will only take a minute?" He says: "No sorry can't do that." I say: "Ok then." and I left.

I guess that they are so busy that my money is no good to them. Fine, I will just take my hard earned cash elsewhere and they can kiss my white hairy ass.

Location?

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

37th and 17th SW

some ppl r just dicks like that

My Ride
    '08 Mitsubishi Lancer, '97 GMC Jimmy

Go to "fast muffler man and Rapid Brake Centres" at 110 61st Ave .S.E. right by the chinook LRT..... great customer service, and you'll have a hard time finidng a better price, Rod is the man
    "Car Manufacturers give us a well engineered basic car but leave it's real development to us."

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

Originally posted by James
    Go to "fast muffler man and Rapid Brake Centres" at 110 61st Ave .S.E. right by the chinook LRT..... great customer service, and you'll have a hard time finidng a better price, Rod is the man
    less than carline... plus cash deal... I like it.

My Ride
    98 civic hatch

maybe he meant he will give u a estimate monday, like serious no one wants to work the last hour of the day anyway, and ya they proably dont need you money either too, its serious no fun putting after market muffler on to a car when the inlet dia. is like way bigger then the stock and stainless dont weld nicely, i wouldnt take your businese if i owned a shop

Originally posted by CuteAsianAngel
    some ppl r just dicks like that

My Ride
    MDX

Originally posted by jennyanniemary
    maybe he meant he will give u a estimate monday, like serious no one wants to work the last hour of the day anyway, and ya they proably dont need you money either too, its serious no fun putting after market muffler on to a car when the inlet dia. is like way bigger then the stock and stainless dont weld nicely, i wouldnt take your businese if i owned a shop

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

It was quite obvious the guy wasn't the owner of the shop. I can almost guarantee that if I spoke to the owner, he would have given me an estimate.

It is also quite obvious that you have never owned your own business. What you said up there would put you out of business fast. Any person who owns their own business will tell you that they will bend over backwards for a customer. They will stay after hours if necessary. People who work for $10/hour don't understand that... that is why they make $10/hour.

My Ride
    98 civic hatch

haha
    hmm do u work for or run or own a shop?
    i guess when u make enough then u dont have to take every little job, u get to pick, only the ones that are desperate does everything for anything, those are the ones that are screwing the trade, if only we can set some rules or some org

Originally posted by benyl

It was quite obvious the guy wasn't the owner of the shop. I can almost guarantee that if I spoke to the owner, he would have given me an estimate.

It is also quite obvious that you have never owned your own business. What you said up there would put you out of business fast. Any person who owns their own business will tell you that they will bend over backwards for a customer. They will stay after hours if necessary. People who work for $10/hour don't understand that... that is why they make $10/hour.

My Ride
    335i

haha
    hmm do u work for or run or own a shop?
    i guess when u make enough then u dont have to take every little job, u get to pick, only the ones that are desperate does everything for anything, those are the ones that are screwing the trade, if only we can set some rules or some org

There is no shop that can pick and choose anywhere in this country that didn't have to take the little jobs.
    Original Post NAZI Moderated

Originally posted by r3cc0s
    Felon or Mistermeiner

My Ride
    something green

I guess I have to ask , what if the shoe was on the other foot..
    What if you were one of the people waiting for their cars hoping to get it back before they close for the day, and they knock a car off the hoist to give you a "free estimate"... I don't know to many muffler men that will give an estimate without looking at the whole system.. I'd bet one of the waiting customers would be willing to insert their shoe somewhere in your body..
    Walk a mile in that guys shoes, and I'd bet your outlook would change a bit...
    Its not that some people just don't want your money, or aren't willing to do a good job, but sometimes you have to deal with the business that is already in the shop and take into consideration the time constraints of your staff.. If he is fully booked and pressed for time, and they take time to look at your car, then you decide its to much money and drive away, thats time taken from customers that are willing to pay his price..
    In this economy, there are alot of people who don't ask for price estimates, and just want it done, remember that..Maxt
    Too loud for Aspen

Originally posted by Maxt
    I guess I have to ask , what if the shoe was on the other foot..
    What if you were one of the people waiting for their cars hoping to get it back before they close for the day, and they knock a car off the hoist to give you a "free estimate"... I don't know to many muffler men that will give an estimate without looking at the whole system.. I'd bet one of the waiting customers would be willing to insert their shoe somewhere in your body..
    Walk a mile in that guys shoes, and I'd bet your outlook would change a bit...
    Its not that some people just don't want your money, or aren't willing to do a good job, but sometimes you have to deal with the business that is already in the shop and take into consideration the time constraints of your staff.. If he is fully booked and pressed for time, and they take time to look at your car, then you decide its to much money and drive away, thats time taken from customers that are willing to pay his price..
    In this economy, there are alot of people who don't ask for price estimates, and just want it done, remember that..Maxt

Yeah, that made a lot of sense The guy didn't have to be rude about it tho, basically telling benyl to fuck off.

No business should "choose" their customers. Unless you're a make/model specific company, you should work on any and every car. I take for example Impressions Auto, who only seem to want to work on Hondas. When people ask me about them, I tell them the truth about my personal experiences, as well as friend's. Usually after I'm done, people are quite sure they won't be going there anytime soon.

Originally posted by Abom

Yeah, that made a lot of sense The guy didn't have to be rude about it tho, basically telling benyl to fuck off.

No business should "choose" their customers. Unless you're a make/model specific company, you should work on any and every car. I take for example Impressions Auto, who only seem to want to work on Hondas. When people ask me about them, I tell them the truth about my personal experiences, as well as friend's. Usually after I'm done, people are quite sure they won't be going there anytime soon.
    What are you talking about? What was rude. He said he and his guy's are busy and that they are booking for monday. I'm not sure what part of that was rude or what part of it Benyl didnt understand but...

Sometimes shops are busy. And giving a free estimate is low on the priority list when you have paying customers cars to finish before day's end. You need to start living int he "real" world Abom.

Originally posted by rx7_turbo2
    What are you talking about? What was rude. He said he and his guy's are busy and that they are booking for monday. I'm not sure what part of that was rude or what part of it Benyl didnt understand but...

Sometimes shops are busy. And giving a free estimate is low on the priority list when you have paying customers cars to finish before day's end. You need to start living int he "real" world Abom.

He could have offered an alternative, explained things better, whatever. The key is communication. Saying "no, I can't do an estimate, bye" isn't the way to go about it.

My Ride
    something green

He could have offered an alternative, explained things better, whatever. The key is communication. Saying "no, I can't do an estimate, bye" isn't the way to go about it.
    Umm, let see, he said monday is better, they can't do it now... How much clearer can that be put...I don't think it can be put any clearer... Even Helen Keller could grasp that one...Maxt
    Too loud for Aspen

Originally posted by Maxt
    Umm, let see, he said monday is better, they can't do it now... How much clearer can that be put...I don't think it can be put any clearer... Even Helen Keller could grasp that one...Maxt

No he didn't. He said they are BOOKING into Monday. He didn't want a booking, he wanted an estimate. Read the post before you quote wrong.

No he didn't. He said they are BOOKING into Monday. He didn't want a booking, he wanted an estimate. Read the post before you quote wrong.
    Ya, book the car in to have an estimate, this isnt rocket science you moron.

My Ride
    something green

What do you from the guy a pat on the head and owl face eraser for not ? Your semantics are not going to save you from your idiocy unfortunatley..Maxt
    Too loud for Aspen

My Ride
    NC1

Friday
    1 hour before closing

An estimate for what? What is it that was so important that you couldn't wait till Monday to get the car on the lift for a proper estimate? What if they did quote you and booked you in, only to find out that they missed something and now have to charge you extra? Next thing you know, you will be bitching again.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast