Quantcast
The Modern punk/screamo/hardcore/post hardcore/emo thread - Page 4 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: The Modern punk/screamo/hardcore/post hardcore/emo thread

My Ride
    2008 BBP Accord Coupe

Originally posted by buh_buh
    this isn't exactly part of this thread, but anyone else planning on going to Megadeth in May? I'm trying to get some tickets.

Who's opening for NOFX? I'd definitely check that out.
    Nofx is playing with No Use for a Name and American steel. Best fat tour lineup in a long time. So no one has the presale password?

"A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear. The traitor is the plague.”
    —Cicero, Roman statesman and lawyer

Last edited by Rat Fink; 12-02-2020 at 05:25 PM.
    Thanks for the 14 years of LOLs. Govern yourselves accordingly and avoid uppercut reactions!

My Ride
    slow

cancerbats are playing in calgary and lethbridge early march
    Gas, Break, Bounce and Scrape

Originally posted by CMW403
    fucking lethbridge kids

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

Originally posted by Rat Fink

Mercyful Fate
    Wow, Didn't think anybody on here would be a King Diamond fan! He sold his soul to satan I guess
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

Last edited by Rat Fink; 12-02-2020 at 05:26 PM.
    Thanks for the 14 years of LOLs. Govern yourselves accordingly and avoid uppercut reactions!

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

^^ fucking rights. Pure metal back then! Made "Metal" bands like Zeppelin look like folk!

EDIT: I know this is the "New" metal thread or whatever, but I have to post my fav oldschool metal tune. From the 70's, there was some metal being made. People just didn't know about it. Here's arguably the first power metal song ever!

Rainbow - Kill the King

Last edited by Darkane; 02-14-2008 at 08:38 PM.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

Last edited by Rat Fink; 12-02-2020 at 05:26 PM.

Originally posted by Seanith

Nofx is playing with No Use for a Name and American steel. Best fat tour lineup in a long time. So no one has the presale password?

Wow, I think I'd rather see that than Megadeth. Is it going to be that popular that they need a presale password dealy?

Wow, I think I'd rather see that than Megadeth. Is it going to be that popular that they need a presale password dealy?
    NOFX tickets are on sale now. They sold out two shows at MacHall last time they were here (granted it was the old MacHall).

Tickets are $27 each, $36 after Ticketmaster Rape fees.

just picked up my NOFX tickets! Thanks for the heads up. See you bitches there!

My Ride
    2008 BBP Accord Coupe

Originally posted by core_upt

NOFX tickets are on sale now. They sold out two shows at MacHall last time they were here (granted it was the old MacHall).

Tickets are $27 each, $36 after Ticketmaster Rape fees.
    Last time they were here was May 2001. Yeah they sold out both shows. I wasn't able to make it since i was graduating highschool. In hind set i would have missed the lame ass dance to see one of the shows.

just picked up my NOFX tickets! Thanks for the heads up. See you bitches there!
    Sweet. I'm going to see if they add another show. If they do i'll go to both forsure. Its not often that nofx comes here (besides the warped tour).
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear. The traitor is the plague.”

My Ride
    2008 BBP Accord Coupe

They already sold out the vancouver date at the commodore ballroom 2 days after the calgary show. If thats any indication they'll probably sell out calgary too. I think they left days between calgary and edmonton on purpose just in case.

SNFU
    Rise Against
    Taking Back Sunday
    Bullet for my Valentine
    Chevelle
    Silverstein
    Red Jump Suit Aparatus
    Avenged Sevenfold
    Velvet Revolver
    Against Me!
    Family Force 5

Some may be a little "pop"ish to you though...
    Last edited by ashee; 02-17-2008 at 12:57 PM.

b_t is offline b_t is a huge nag (2019 friendly)
    My Ride
    FC3S 10AE / Tacoma

Originally posted by b_t
    I figured I would bump this with these guys
    TONY DANZA TAPDANCE EXTRAVAGANZA
    I bought these guy's second CD and it fucking rocks, so heavy so crazy, but it is the absolute shortest album I've ever bought. Minus filler tracks, it is only 24 minutes of music. Fuckin grind binds ahaha

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4