Quantcast
$$ Cash for Reciepts $$ - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: $$ Cash for Reciepts $$

My Ride
    6.2L V8 AMG

Default $$ Cash for Reciepts $$

I am currently in need of customer receipts showing purchases of "lubricating motor oil"

- Must be dated 1998 (late 1997 @ most)
    - Prefer original receipts
    - Does not matter if its synthetic or not.
    - Bulk Purchases accepted.

I am desperate, will pay top dollar for each receipt.
    Need them ASAP!!!!

- Hingkit
    Last edited by hingkit; 12-11-2011 at 08:17 PM.

My Ride
    Bmw and ford

why what kind of scam are you pulling?

My Ride
    6.2L V8 AMG

haha .. . i knew it . . . .
    damnit i knew someone would ask . . . well its resonable . . .

its full legit . . .

okay, somehow my parents took their car for oil change @ walmart during 1998 . . and they don't keep records and my parents threw out their reciepts . . . and we ran into some warantee problems. . . we need 2 receipts and then they will fix our $3k engine problem . . . . .

wtf?
    http://www.sfu.ca/~joh/teg/fastlane.gif

My Ride
    6.2L V8 AMG

Originally posted by Audi Kid
    wtf?
    i'm pretty desperate here . . .

well thats retarteded..if work is done at a dealership they have car make and model..

My Ride
    6.2L V8 AMG

Originally posted by Audi Kid
    well thats retarteded..if work is done at a dealership they have car make and model..
    so true . . .

but we talking about walmart here . . . .
    the service manager said "we service so many cars here, how can we keep track of every car" . . . .
    thats where the problem kicked in . .

so u need walmart reciepts?

My Ride
    6.2L V8 AMG

no i need any receipt i can find . . .

Oil changes are easy . . . . and you are allowed to do oil changes on your own but you need reciept of the purchased oil . . thats what i'm after . . .

greatly appreciated if anyone has . .

Ta-Dah! Guest

Originally posted by hingkit

so true . . .

the service manager said "we service so many cars here, how can we keep track of every car" . . . .

bullshit... thats what computers are for!!
    I think its more like shoddy/lazy record keeping.. u never know they may have just done the service "for themselves"

My Ride
    Integra Type R

Originally posted by hingkit

so true . . .

that's what a computer and database system is for... Walmart? I find that hard to believe as they are suppose to have one of the most advanced information systems to keep track of their global IT systems.. weird.. good luck..

I don't think they can deny warranty if you don' thave a receipt for an oil change. In any case, I'd go to jiffy lube or something and tell the guy you'll pay them 10 bucks to write-up an invoice w/o date, then run it thru the washer. hehe

My Ride
    2000 Toyota Celica GT

Originally posted by The Raptor

that's what a computer and database system is for... Walmart? I find that hard to believe as they are suppose to have one of the most advanced information systems to keep track of their global IT systems.. weird.. good luck..
    All the oil changes are written up on invoices.... the make/model/license plate/customer name are all hand written... never entered into a computer. They would probably be able to track it with a credit card number or something from when the oil change was put thru the till..... other than that they would have to look though piles and piles of invoices. They are required to keep all paperwork for like 7 years or something.... so they would still have it but I doubt that you could find someone who would go thru all of it for you.

*I know this cuz I worked at Wal-Mart for 5 years.

maybe post up any oil change reciept and someone can photochop it..... all you have to do is cut it to the proper size and run it through the washing machine once.... hey just a thought.

*****DO SO AT YOUR OWN PERIL*****

This is very left-field, but here goes:

Go to Wal Mart/Canadian Tire whatever, find some punks that don't care about their job, ask them for some blank invoice paper for $$$.

OR

You could make some fake stationary of some place that has gone out of business using a laser printer. I have no idea on what to use as paper or how to get 'invoice-like' paper.

Then take whichever invoice paper you have and feed this into a DOT MATRIX printer to fill in the blanks/details, Make, Model, Date, License #, Materials, Labour, GST, GST#, etc. You might want to compare with a real invoice so you get all the little details right.

If you have a real invoice paper, you cannot manipulate the fields, so make sure you have at least a dozen papers to practice on, you're gonna have to get the spacing just right. If you made your own invoice paper and it's decent, you can adjust the fields to fit your dot matrix printout.

This is just a somewhat viable alternative from "experience"

Doing something like this can be considered fraud, so if you attempt to undertake any of the above-mentioned, I take no legal responsibility for yours or anyone elses actions.

*****DO SO AT YOUR OWN PERIL****
    "All these years I thought it was power that brought responsibility. It's not. I was wrong. It's responsibility that brings power. It's knowing what needs to be done that brings strength. And courage." - Peter Parker, Earth X

Originally posted by The Raptor

The state-of-the-art IT is for their Just-in-time inventory system that they use to automatically replenish their inventory from the distribution centres, they could care less about people getting oil changes. CCRA says 7 years of business records, paper or electronic, they're gonna go paper, maybe even move to off-site storage if they have to. Storing this info on a computer simply isn't worth their while. Walmart is quantity, not quality.

I have also heard that WalMart doesn't buy warranties on their merchandise (cost cutting), so when people return stuff that "does not work", the employees have to "destroy" the merchandise. Hmmmm.....
    "All these years I thought it was power that brought responsibility. It's not. I was wrong. It's responsibility that brings power. It's knowing what needs to be done that brings strength. And courage." - Peter Parker, Earth X

My Ride
    07 Mazdaspeed 6, 89 Mustang LX

Originally posted by mwmhong

I have also heard that WalMart doesn't buy warranties on their merchandise (cost cutting), so when people return stuff that "does not work", the employees have to "destroy" the merchandise. Hmmmm.....
    If wal-mart product quality is any indication, the employess have already "destroyed" most of their merchandise

Originally posted by 4wheeldrift

If wal-mart product quality is any indication, the employess have already "destroyed" most of their merchandise
    No, it's a frequent scam, what happens is someone buys a PS2, checks that is works fine, then returns it for refund saying it's broke, doesn't work, whatever, Wal Mart employees are supposed to destroy the merchandise, but instead slip it out the back door, back into the hands of the person who returned it.

And something like this will not throw inventory counts off, since the PS2 is "destroyed"