Quantcast
calgary autoworks - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: calgary autoworks

Default .

Last edited by tunedautos; 05-31-2010 at 12:23 AM.

the cat that works the desk there is a real twat. but the guy that owns it (lawrence) is awesome. he did some crazy tuning on my turbo set up and got me almost a hundred extra horse out of it!!! unfortunetly that douche works the counter....hopefully he'll be gone soon!!

My Ride
    01 Integra SE / 07 Lexus GS 450H

Really? Last week i went there and had a good experience. I ordered my coilovers from them should be here before the end of next week.

Last edited by tunedautos; 05-30-2010 at 08:03 AM.

i guess thats the only reasonable explanation not like the fact that its hard to open a new business and pay your techs a 100k a year....cause thats what licensed guys are making in calgary right now. how do i know....because i am one. as per the exhause there must be more to this story than just "i went to buy a cat back and the price went to $2200 for no reason" casue that doesnt happen. theres so many variables. the way i figure it, if oyu dont know what oyur talking about why say bad mouth someones business......the guys trying to make a living and a striving business. and on top of it lawrence is the most passionite person i have ever met about cars and racing so everyone should be watching there sucess

My Ride
    1989 MA70, 2006 UZN215

Lawrence is a great guy! Stand up and honest guy! I find it hard to believe that a bill from 1000 went to 2200 without consulting one of you. The guy that works the counter, well lets just say he can sure use some improvement. I have ALWAYS had good experiences there....

My Ride
    Miller

I have nothing but good stuff to say aswell. Seem like stand up guys. Not sure if you know about a little thing that shops do called "mark up"? That is how people stay in business. So what if his HID's are more expensive. He has a shop to pay for aswell as employees and he will back the product. He gives you a place to go to when you have questions and will certainly help you if something goes wrong. I speak from experience because I own a shop aswell.

My Ride
    women nuts

Default Re: calgary autoworks

the owner was abusing your understandable HID ignorance Tuned. go to bigger shops as this one might not be around when / if you return with them under warranty !

Well ya see Shane, i can see where your coming from and how your so upset with calgary autoworks, but they were only trying to help you out by sending you to school.You NEED your ticket to work at calgary autoworks. Theres not need to bash them on the internet because you had a hissy fit after they told you you needed to go to school and you didnt want to so they let you go. The only times ive delt with C.A.W ive been more than happy with the work they did and the price they charged me. This just seems to me an ex-calgary autoworks employee trying to fuck over the business by giving them a bad name. My honest opinion on these guys are that they are great and provide awsome service for anything ive thrown at them.

Its people like you tunedautos that make yourself look like bigger twats for trying to bash your ex-boss.
    From what I heard he was going to pay for you to go to school so you could actually get your red seal rather than being a backyard mechanic all your life.
    Some people can’t be grateful

ps. Shane, schools cool!
    Last edited by cr-xbrian; 09-29-2009 at 03:18 PM.
    Blood for Boost

My Ride
    B5 S4, UrQ, UZJ100, 990 SMR

Calgary Autoworks tends to be more expensive than other mechanics, but I realize the value in going to a shop that specializes on your vehicle.
    Last edited by zipdoa; 04-13-2010 at 01:49 PM.
    Originally posted by InRich
    tell her I'll pick her up in the vette
    The X5 i bought earlier this year really is FULLY LOADED though not a single option missing including infrared night driving

My Ride
    Hatchi-roku, jza70

Originally posted by cr-xbrian
    Well ya see Shane, i can see where your coming from and how your so upset with calgary autoworks, but they were only trying to help you out by sending you to school.You NEED your ticket to work at calgary autoworks. Theres not need to bash them on the internet because you had a hissy fit after they told you you needed to go to school and you didnt want to so they let you go. The only times ive delt with C.A.W ive been more than happy with the work they did and the price they charged me. This just seems to me an ex-calgary autoworks employee trying to fuck over the business by giving them a bad name. My honest opinion on these guys are that they are great and provide awsome service for anything ive thrown at them.

Its people like you tunedautos that make yourself look like bigger twats for trying to bash your ex-boss.
    From what I heard he was going to pay for you to go to school so you could actually get your red seal rather than being a backyard mechanic all your life.

ps. Shane, schools cool!
    Well said Brian! I've know both Sam and Lawrence on a personal and professional level. Sam does a good job behind the counter, he searches for rare parts with few industry contacts and tries his best to get good deals, with a good success rate. Lawrence is very talented, both as a mechanic and fabricator. His dyno works speaks for itself. I think this is a case of sour grapes and sabotage, have fun in your backyard Shane!

Bryan

My Ride
    Miller

ps. Shane, schools cool!
    Way to bring a thread back from 2 years ago...

My Ride
    B5 S4, UrQ, UZJ100, 990 SMR

BACK FROM THE DEAD:

here's a story for you guys.

I just bought a UrS4 off Shane, who talked shit about Calgary Autoworks.

long story short, UrS4 axle fell off last night, various other problems with it. he said that he drilled holes in the airbox and thats why it was humming. bullshit, it was because the diverter valve was broken.

basically, talked to calgary autoworks this morning and Sam at the front counter said Shane used to help em out, but that he had messed up Sam's engine swap and was a monkey backyard mechanic.

Anyway, i'm pissed that my axle fell off among various other problems with the vehicle that shane lied about.

more info to come as i get my car inspected.

i just wanted to stand up for CAW cause they ARE a GREAT shop with GREAT info and lots of intelligent advice.

EDIT:

Shane also said that a $15 no-name chip from portugal would give my car 340hp/380ft/lbs with no mods other than the chip. He said audis can do this because they are audis, not hondas. fucking ridiculous.
    Last edited by zipdoa; 04-13-2010 at 02:25 PM.
    tell her I'll pick her up in the vette
    The X5 i bought earlier this year really is FULLY LOADED though not a single option missing including infrared night driving

My Ride
    TRD Pro

I have mixed feelings toward C.A.W.... but admittedly I've only physically been in the shop once.
    I ordered a part and was quoted a certain price.. only to go pick it up and have the guy tell me that was the US price before shipping... I was pretty pissed off when the price was ~$100 more..so he knocked off a few percent on the X-rate. (Not good enough considering it was a shit rate... but it helped) End of story it would have been cheaper to buy from 034 Motorsports myself....

Anyways.. between that and seeing what they did to their S4 (FMIC with front bumper hacked to shit) Im not so sure I will be bringing my car in there... For service its Tunedub for me.

Originally posted by R-Audi
    I have mixed feelings toward C.A.W.... but admittedly I've only physically been in the shop once.
    I ordered a part and was quoted a certain price.. only to go pick it up and have the guy tell me that was the US price before shipping... I was pretty pissed off when the price was ~$100 more..so he knocked off a few percent on the X-rate. (Not good enough considering it was a shit rate... but it helped) End of story it would have been cheaper to buy from 034 Motorsports myself....

Anyways.. between that and seeing what they did to their S4 (FMIC with front bumper hacked to shit) Im not so sure I will be bringing my car in there... For service its Tunedub for me.
    Blood for Boost

My Ride
    TRD Pro

So its fair to be quoted $427 for something so you order it, show up and they charge you $550?

And considering they have used that S4 in shows, and the bumper is hacked to pieces? Certainly not something I would want on my car, when there are TONS of people who have installed that same FMIC without touching the bumper.

Not quite sure what your face palm is about.....

My Ride
    2007 Subaru STI

I happen to know Sam personally and every time i've needed assistance he has been extremely helpful, and every person i know who has gone there have found both Sam and Lawrence to be extremely knowledgeable and professional

My Ride
    Sausage Wagon

Originally posted by tunedautos
    So what explains the fact that both he's mechanics he had had quit after only 6 months... Must mean he cant run a shop properly... And to boot... My friend got some service done and the original quote was completey different then what his bill was when he went to go pick it up... Like a quote of $1000 to $2200 When he went to pick it up!!!! FOR A DAMN EXHAUST SYSTEM!!!!! Scam Artists!!!

Hi,

You're a fucking tool who is obviously trying to smear a shop for your own personal gain (judging by your name).

The breakdown:
    -You flame a shop

-Wait to see if it's safe after a few posts

-Recommend your shop

You're an idiot, fuck off

Originally posted by teamPRO

howbout suck my black kettle...

My Ride
    Bentley GT

yeah lawrence knows what he's doing. The s4 with the "hacked up bumper" was johns car (his brother, and one of the tech's who left to pursue a different career) and he did his work HIMSELF. His car though built at the shop, doesnt represent the shop itself in terms of how they operate. How they build their own cars, is more a reflection of function over form... on a customer car it would be a different story.

Have you seen the 1000AWHP (thats right all wheel) GOLF lawrence built? Or the 500HP drop top 240 Marc built? How about the legions of vw's and audi's they continue to build?

They get my stamp of approval.

My Ride
    Anything topless.

yeah, I have nothing but good things to say about this shop! Awesome guy and awesome work! Very helpful and in my mind always puts the customer first.

As I said, I'm sad that he's leaving towards greener pastures but hopefully he'll still be around.

sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

WTF!! I am a moderator!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast