Quantcast
Need Advise On Cheap Tickets - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Need Advise On Cheap Tickets

My Ride
    750Li

Default Need Advise On Cheap Tickets

So it looks like Im going to have to take off to winnipeg, vancouver and Montreal often and unplanned for the unforseeable future

Need advice from you frequent flyers, best place to get cheap flights, dont care if they are red eyes, last minutes etc

appreciate any advice
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

Look into a flight pass from Air Canada. I know when I was travelling all over W.Canada, the pass saved me huge amounts of money - as long as you're a bit flexible and willing to travel on weird day (ie: Tuesday morning).

My Ride
    Memories...

Originally posted by black_2.5RS
    Look into a flight pass from Air Canada. I know when I was travelling all over W.Canada, the pass saved me huge amounts of money - as long as you're a bit flexible and willing to travel on weird day (ie: Tuesday morning).
    Best idea, the ones we have at work don't limit flights either and they almost always get upgraded (that could just be our corporate volume though), and you still get miles.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

West jet has 30-50% every couple of weeks it seems, just sign up for their online flyers (though travel is always limited to tuesdays, wednesdays, and saturdays)
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Came back to ogle 2Legit2Quit wife's buns...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They're certainly big, but I don't know if they are the BEST I've tasted.

My Ride
    750Li

thanks guys, anyone have experience with flightcentre.com?

My Ride
    MDX

Originally posted by Def_3
    thanks guys, anyone have experience with flightcentre.com?
    Well I used to work for them if that counts...don't bother, domestic travel prices are set by the airlines and no one sells for less. Just keep an eye on the airline websites and book online, no need to pay booking fees at a travel agency.

Last edited by 01RedDX; 10-19-2020 at 04:31 PM.

Start using your airmiles card more often!

My Ride
    Ef

Air Canada is one of the only airlines that stopped paying agencys, hence service fee on Air Canada from places. That is unless you have a contract with them.

Have someone watch dates for you and book it once it becomes available. On Westjet they come in 2months - 1.5 months prior, sometimes 3. Once they come in all their seats are on sale until they get booked out at that price. I do this for my clients all the time and it doesn't cost them anything extra than they would pay online. Works great if people can't watch these everyday while at work etc.

Depending on dates, both companies will either have a seat at sale price or not. Westjet is generally cheaper, you pay less taxes on Westjet but those are changing all the time.

You don't pay anything extra on Westjet flights when going through agencys, same with vacation packages. Ones that charge you more $ than what it is online gives agents a bad rep.

My Ride
    750Li

Originally posted by Eken9
    Air Canada is one of the only airlines that stopped paying agencys, hence service fee on Air Canada from places. That is unless you have a contract with them.

Have someone watch dates for you and book it once it becomes available. On Westjet they come in 2months - 1.5 months prior, sometimes 3. Once they come in all their seats are on sale until they get booked out at that price. I do this for my clients all the time and it doesn't cost them anything extra than they would pay online. Works great if people can't watch these everyday while at work etc.

Depending on dates, both companies will either have a seat at sale price or not. Westjet is generally cheaper, you pay less taxes on Westjet but those are changing all the time.

You don't pay anything extra on Westjet flights when going through agencys, same with vacation packages. Ones that charge you more $ than what it is online gives agents a bad rep.
    thanks alot for te advice

so your saying regarding westjet, i can run into a travel agency during the day and buy a ticket for the same price as online?

My Ride
    Ef

Originally posted by Def_3
    thanks alot for te advice

so your saying regarding westjet, i can run into a travel agency during the day and buy a ticket for the same price as online?
    No problem, happy to give you advice. Yeah you can go into an agency and get the same pricing. Same goes for vacation packages. If an agency ever were to charge you a booking fee for anything other than Air Canada or Apollo tickets then leave because that is shady in my books....

You can pay with cash at agencys too Well that's if you don't want to charge your CC or don't have one.

My Ride
    750Li

Originally posted by Eken9

No problem, happy to give you advice. Yeah you can go into an agency and get the same pricing. Same goes for vacation packages. If an agency ever were to charge you a booking fee for anything other than Air Canada or Apollo tickets then leave because that is shady in my books....

You can pay with cash at agencys too Well that's if you don't want to charge your CC or don't have one.
    perfect! I appreciate the advice once again