Quantcast
Calgary's Official Mazdaspeed thread - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 12 1 2 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Calgary's Official Mazdaspeed thread

My Ride
    Acura TL, 2016 Yamaha FZ-07

Default Calgary's official Mazdaspeed3 thread

Seeing as I'm a member of the official 5 gen prelude club, I thought I'd start another thread with a different type of car.

I just recently bought a 2008 mazdaspeed3 and I gotta say, I love this car. It has a powerful 263 horsepower engine at 5500 rpm and 280 lb.-ft. of torque at 3000 rpm.

It literally feels like you're doing the zoom zoom commercials. Pictures will be up soon, I just thought that maybe a few fellow beyond members own a mazdaspeed3 just like me.

My Ride
    AWD grandpa wagon

does it really have bad torque steer like most magazine commented?

but... NICE CAR!!!

My Ride
    957,958,NC1,NC3,E90,ITR

call me weird but i was not impressed with this car after test driving it. i prefer the civic si and vw gti over the speed3.

it's nice to see such a powerful car (on paper) loaded with so many options standard at this price

never liked the styling tho, maybe it's because there are so many similar looking mazda's on the road

My Ride
    Mazda 3

Hey if any of you speed 3 guys are upgrading your exhaust and getting rid of your stock one let me know!
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

Im happy to see you're excited about your car, and a nice car indeed ... but an official thread for a car that is owned by a couple dozen people in calgary?

Sorry chief, dont think it will fly
    Originally posted by Mibz
    She's already exhibiting signs of turning into my Mom, I need some sort of legal recourse if a full-blown transformation occurs.

Try mazda3forums the prairies section there is a thread there for ms3 owners in calgary.

Picked up a black mica ms3 in september to replace my modded 1.8t gti. It really was a tough choice between a new gti or ms3, but the 0% financing was the deciding factor.

For the price its a great daily driver. Four doors, hatch, decent interior, and there does'nt seem to be anything in its class that can match its overall performance.

So far gripes I have include a fair bit of road noise (compared to the gti) a mediocre stereo and fuel economy is not so great.

My Ride

Originally posted by HiSpec
    does it really have bad torque steer like most magazine commented?

but... NICE CAR!!!
    I haven't really had the chance to rip the car out to it's fullest potential power so I can't really tell the bad torque steer just yet.

Originally posted by 403Gemini
    Im happy to see you're excited about your car, and a nice car indeed ... but an official thread for a car that is owned by a couple dozen people in calgary?

Sorry chief, dont think it will fly
    yeah I figured there wouldn't be a lot of speed3 owners out there as it's a pretty rare car. But then again, the speed3 is a sports compaq car so perhaps there's a posibility that some users would be a beyond member.

I'm not looking into making a huge club or anything, more so discussions and experiences about the car itself if anything. If it does grow just like the prelude club, then perhaps a meet would also be a good idea.

Originally posted by Klobi-1-Kinobi
    Picked up a black mica ms3 in september to replace my modded 1.8t gti. It really was a tough choice between a new gti or ms3, but the 0% financing was the deciding factor.

For the price its a great daily driver. Four doors, hatch, decent interior, and there does'nt seem to be anything in its class that can match its overall performance.

So far gripes I have include a fair bit of road noise (compared to the gti) a mediocre stereo and fuel economy is not so great.
    0% financing was also a factor in my purchase, that and the fact that I managed to add more options to my car as part of the deal.

I figured the fuel economy wouldn't be as good as I want it to be seeing as it's a 2.3 turbo'd engine but that's ok, I like the extra horses under the hood.

I noticed in the States there are two models of the MS3, including one at $21,000. I'm taking a serious look at this car.

Is there any after market support at all? How comfortable are the seats? Do the read seats fold down at all?

Thanks!
    Was the #1 Forum Warrior

include us ms6 owners into your group and get a bit more response...

My Ride
    19 Jeep Wrangler, 20 Hyundai Palisade

Originally posted by Klobi-1-Kinobi

0% fianancing almost got me too but I just liked the GTi better.

I just drove the SRT4 yesterday and that car will come close to matching the performance for less $ too. It will be interesting to see what aftermarket does with these two cars!

My Ride

Originally posted by Toms-SC
    I noticed in the States there are two models of the MS3, including one at $21,000. I'm taking a serious look at this car.

Is there any after market support at all? How comfortable are the seats? Do the read seats fold down at all?

Thanks!
    There are already a few aftermarket parts for the mazdaspeed3 such as a cold air intake. Personally though I wouln't even mod mine til the later years as the car is so fast and performs well already.

I'm gonna assume you meant rear seats, and yes, they do fold down just like the mazda3 sport hatchback cars so cargo space when you only have 2 passengers are phenomenal.

My Ride

Originally posted by Chris Ng
    include us ms6 owners into your group and get a bit more response...
    sounds good, I shall ask the mods to change the thread title into "Calgary's official Mazdaspeed thread".

Thanks for the responses guys and perhaps gals if there's any.

My Ride
    07 Mazdaspeed 6, 89 Mustang LX

I dearly love my Speed 6. The car makes me grin every time I crack the throttle. Can't wait for the spring so I can get it out to the track and beat it to within an inch of its life lol
    Drag racing is for fast cars. Solo 2 is for fast drivers.

Originally posted by 4wheeldrift
    I dearly love my Speed 6. The car makes me grin every time I crack the throttle. Can't wait for the spring so I can get it out to the track and beat it to within an inch of its life lol
    what color Ms6 do you drive?
    I've seen a couple of black ones, a couple of red ones, and a couple of titanium ones driving around the city.. So far I've got the only white one I've spotted...

They cheaped out on some of the interior materials, oil changes are a pain in the ass, the drive by wire throttle limits things a little too much, but over all I'm quite pleased with mine..

My Ride
    07 Mazdaspeed 6, 89 Mustang LX

I've got a red one that I picked up back in August. I don't mind the interior all that much, I would have killed for an aux jack for my ipod tho.

I just find the car to be a great deal of fun to drive. Keep it under 2500rpm and off boost and it's really quite civilized, but get on the gas hard and it turns into quite an animal. And the amount of grip the car has is simply awesome, start getting a bit wild with it and this beautifully controllable oversteer is available with a stab of the throttle.

As long as it stays reliable this is definitely a car I'm keeping for awhile.
    Drag racing is for fast cars. Solo 2 is for fast drivers.

My Ride
    F10M/F87/NA2/W220/V90/E46ZHP/SE3P/DC2

out of the MS6 and MS3, why did you guys pick one over the other?

I'm currently looking at the MS6, MS3, Legacy GT and the TSX.

My Ride
    957,958,NC1,NC3,E90,ITR

the tsx is the best because honda makes it.

Originally posted by gpomp
    the tsx is the best because honda makes it.
    But can it blend?
    Was the #1 Forum Warrior

Page 1 of 12 1 2 11 ... LastLast