Quantcast
Calgary's Official Mazdaspeed thread - Page 5 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Calgary's Official Mazdaspeed thread

My Ride
    957,958,NC1,NC3,E90,ITR

too bad the lease rates on the mazda aren't competitive. the si and srt4 are sitting at 1.5%, the mazda is still at 5.9%. the difference in monthly payment is $200-300... that's rediculars.
    for the record, i'd buy the srt4 over the speed3 because of the lower payments.

My buddy just got a MSPD6 and is picking it up friday, anything he should be wary of? I heard of some huge power losses if you dont put in 93 octaine fuel

( http://forums.evolutionm.net/archive.../t-189415.html & http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?showtopic=43875 )

and also problems with mounts and differentials:

http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?showtopic=63707

http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?showtopic=76369

I think they're beautiful cars, can anybody here offer any advice/thoughts? Cheers!
    Originally posted by Mibz
    She's already exhibiting signs of turning into my Mom, I need some sort of legal recourse if a full-blown transformation occurs.

My Ride
    07 Mazdaspeed 6, 89 Mustang LX

I really haven't noticed much of a difference between running mohawk 94 and shell 92 octane in my Speed 6. Unfortunately with only a half dozen stations in town carrying 94 octane you have to make do with 92 from time to time. At our elevation there probably isn't a massive difference, even on a turbo car. The car doesn't ping or anything on 92 that I've seen so far.

The drivetrain durability has been a point of concern with me, but I haven't had any problems in the 6 months since I got the car so far. Time will tell I guess. As long as you aren't doing crazy clutch drop launches or anything I would think the driveline should hold up well.

Oh and I'd really recommend he get snow tires on it ASAP. Those bridgestones that come on it from the factory aren't even masquerading as an all season, they're a pure summer tire and should be treated as such.
    Drag racing is for fast cars. Solo 2 is for fast drivers.

My Ride
    The SHBARUS

Mine is 1 1/2 yo. I never had powerloss and I always use 91 octane. The only problem I had was the trunk switch quit working. It was replaced under warranty, it's still working so far.

Couple things, get winter tires because the stock potenzas don't work at all when cold; get the shorter CX-7 antenna.

Second thought, don't get the short antenna.

Oh and don't go to Kramer for service.

Originally posted by lilmira
    Mine is 1 1/2 yo. I never had powerloss and I always use 91 octane. The only problem I had was the trunk switch quit working. It was replaced under warranty, it's still working so far.

Couple things, get winter tires because the stock potenzas don't work at all when cold; get the shorter CX-7 antenna.

Second thought, don't get the short antenna.

Oh and don't go to Kramer for service.
    Could you expand on the Kramer service? Been there a couple times and no problems.

And yes, the stock potenzas are good for dry warm pavement for sure.

My Ride
    The SHBARUS

Originally posted by Klobi-1-Kinobi

Could you expand on the Kramer service? Been there a couple times and no problems.

And yes, the stock potenzas are good for dry warm pavement for sure.
    Once they tried to charge me for putting on the CX-7 antenna for me even though I told them that I could handle such a "complicated" procedure. When I complaint he gave me attitude, finally he dropped the charge and said to my face that they wouldn't care about that little money since they make millions! May be if I start ripping people off left and right I would be making billions too.

Second time I went in for oil change and to replace my engine undershield. They charge me time for replacing the undershield even though they had to take off the undershield for oilchange. I didn't notice about the charge since I was in a hurry until I got home.

I gave them two chances.

My Ride
    Miata

I test drove one of these not long ago, really nice ride, very responsive.

Second time I went in for oil change and to replace my engine undershield. They charge me time for replacing the undershield even though they had to take off the undershield for oilchange. I didn't notice about the charge since I was in a hurry until I got home.
    I have had good luck with sunridge mazda.

My Ride
    Acura TL, 2016 Yamaha FZ-07

I'm not even up for my first oil change yet!
    But I do have 5 free oil changes at Sunridge mazda, the sales people there are fairly helpful and very mature. I had a bad vibe about the service guys though. They gave me an attitude when I was getting them to put my winter alloy wheels in even though that service was part of the deal when I bought my car. The sales rep ended up paying for the service out of her own pocket. I was quite impressed.

Once they tried to charge me for putting on the CX-7 antenna for me even though I told them that I could handle such a "complicated" procedure. When I complaint he gave me attitude, finally he dropped the charge and said to my face that they wouldn't care about that little money since they make millions! May be if I start ripping people off left and right I would be making billions too.

I gave them two chances.
    That would be frustrating, especially the attitude from a service rep. I wouldnt stand for that crap either.

Originally posted by Alyssa
    Not as responsive as your miata.

My Ride

Originally posted by Alyssa
    Which model did you test drove exactly, the mazdaspeed6 or mazdaspeed3?

I was looking at the speed3 when i was at the lot with my buddy for his speed6... thinking of taking it for a test drive, but i dunno... it sorta screams boy racer at me i want something with a bit more mature of a look.

Great car though, especially if you plan on modding it
    She's already exhibiting signs of turning into my Mom, I need some sort of legal recourse if a full-blown transformation occurs.

My Ride
    F10M/F87/NA2/W220/V90/E46ZHP/SE3P/DC2

Originally posted by 403Gemini
    I was looking at the speed3 when i was at the lot with my buddy for his speed6... thinking of taking it for a test drive, but i dunno... it sorta screams boy racer at me i want something with a bit more mature of a look.

said guy that drives a cobalt SS....

My Ride

Great car though, especially if you plan on modding it
    It definitely has that aggressive look but I find that it pretty much looks almost like a stock mazda 3 to the untrained eye.

If you want more of a mature look, then you should look into the speed 6 as well. Test drive both and you'll see what you really want. Go to the dealership on center street as they do test drives in the early afternoon, that's how I got to test drive my mazdaspeed 3.

Originally posted by Team_Mclaren

said guy that drives a cobalt SS....
    If you've paid attention to anything ive posted in the last 3 months i'm looking at getting into an Audi or BMW.

I got this car 2 years ago when i was all about sport compacts and modding... now i want something I can step out of in a suit and not look juvenille.

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

If you've paid attention to anything ive posted in the last 3 months i'm looking at getting into an Audi or BMW.

I got this car 2 years ago when i was all about sport compacts and modding... now i want something I can step out of in a suit and not look juvenille.
    You guys take way too much stock in little things like that. Juvenille to me is altezza tails, slammed, bling rims, fart can exhaust, etc. I don't think there's anything juvenille about an MS3 which to the untrained eye looks like any other 3 hatch on the roads or even your cobalt which is a pretty mainstream car outside of the spoiler.

I guess it's all up to you but I just don't understand why so many people feel they need a BMW to look successful or mature. Where I work some of the highest on the totem pole drive the most unassuming cars. You are either good at what you do or you aren't. A german car isn't going to change that. In fact the only two things that pop up in my mind when I see a young salesman get out of a Bimmer is that he's either a spoiled, rich kid or a greasy baller. In either case I want nothing to do with them.

I actually got more questions & inquiries from customers about my SRT4 than other guys driving Acuras, Infinities etc.
    Last edited by heavyD; 02-22-2008 at 11:52 AM.

True enough. The ms3 does look pretty "normal", especially in black or blue. Your average joe would'nt know the difference between a speed3 and normal3, even if they were parked beside one another.

My Ride
    07 Mazdaspeed 6, 89 Mustang LX

Was something I liked about the Speed 3 and 6. They're very understated for tuner cars, the 6 in particular. If you don't know what you're looking at it's easily mistakable for a regular 6. But I'm all about sleepers
    Drag racing is for fast cars. Solo 2 is for fast drivers.

My Ride

^^^ haha yeah I love that about my MS3 as well. I get these civics pulling up beside me and starts to rev up their fart cans all the time. All I do is push the gas just a little bit to teach them a lesson that this car isn't joking around with it's turbo engine.

I will definitely take my car to the track with no mods, but just with my stock parts, even stock summer tires and see my numbers. I'm definitely pumped up to see what this car can do and what it actually feels like if I push it to it's fullest potential.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 ... LastLast