Quantcast
FINALLY Canon responds to my 1D mark III repair they've had for over 2 MONTHS!! - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: FINALLY Canon responds to my 1D mark III repair they've had for over 2 MONTHS!!

My Ride
    Tiburon, Hachiroku, AE92 GT-S, Sonata

Default FINALLY Canon responds to my 1D mark III repair they've had for over 2 MONTHS!!

For those of you who don't know, I sent my 1D mark III to Canon for repair. That was NOVEMBER 27, 2007. It's been over TWO MONTHS. I've called so many times only to get the run around. "These repairs take time yada yada yada" I got an intermittent Err99 and the mirror wouldn't flip up.

I finally got a shipment from canon yesterday and this is what I found:

This surprised me. It is complete with a letter stating my warranty has been extended a year from this date.

Good thing they gave me a camera that does not fall within the sub-mirror recall serial numbers.

I don't know what to think... I was annoyed they took so long, but happy they gave me a new camera. But should I be happy that CPS canada weren't competent enough to fix my old camera??? Because they've sure done some crappy work on my lens calibrations and repairs.

What do you think?

I think the wait time sucked, but in any case I'd rather have a new camera than a repaired one so I think you did OK (minus the 2 month wait). I'm of the opinion that nothing is ever the same after a repair, especially if its major, so a replacement is always good.

2 month wait time is nothing. Be thankful it was just that.

It would really suck without any camera that long but DAMNNNNN, that's great you've got a new camera....

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

I think that two months to figure out that they can't be bothered to repair it is bullshit. It should have taken maybe two weeks to determine that they needed to send you a new one - and finding a new one to send shouldn't have been hard, the 1D isn't in short supply. Also the fact that they wouldn't give a working CPS member a loaner cam while they fool around with his broken unit for two months is ridiculous.

Canon Canada service sucks.

My Ride
    1988 Accord, 1990 4Runner SR5

Like others said, brutal that it took so long... however I do agree that a new camera, especially with a new warranty is better than a repaired camera. so i dunno... it is a brutal wait time for sure, but in the end I'd imagine you'll be happy with the new cam.

Those bastards. They didn't even give you a new body cap and eye cup??

That's pretty damn slow of them to finally get back to you, repaired, replaced or otherwise.
    Damn +44411's

Originally posted by BerserkerCatSplat
    I think that two months to figure out that they can't be bothered to repair it is bullshit. It should have taken maybe two weeks to determine that they needed to send you a new one - and finding a new one to send shouldn't have been hard, the 1D isn't in short supply. Also the fact that they wouldn't give a working CPS member a loaner cam while they fool around with his broken unit for two months is ridiculous.

Canon Canada service sucks.
    I had to send my coolpix out to Vancouver one time... paid shipping, both ways, instead of going up to the NE behind barlow to drop off something at the Canon repair center.

Nikon had my camera for over 9 months!!!!! I freakin forgot I sent it out to them after nagging them for 4 months!. In the end I got a phone call saying they could not fix it and since the value of the camera had depreciated, if I wanted them to bill my visa some more so the could send me an upgraded equvilent!!!!

So if you think Canon's service sucked then Nikon FTMFL!

My Ride
    Tiburon, Hachiroku, AE92 GT-S, Sonata

Originally posted by Mibz
    2 month wait time is nothing. Be thankful it was just that.
    2 months is just TOO long. I'm with Berserker on this one. Especially for a CPS member, who are supposed to get the fastest service and have priority over everyone else.

Originally posted by dmtx
    It would really suck without any camera that long but DAMNNNNN, that's great you've got a new camera....
    I'm glad I got a new one too. I wasn't camera-less for that time though, I still have my 20 and 30D.

Well, I just gotta go test it out and make sure the darn thing is working properly.

and another d'oh!! I had an EC-b focusing screen inside my camera. I called CPS to see if they can send it to me so we'll see.

My Ride
    W204

Hey at least your camera got fixed.. Unlike your 24-70. So really, the lesser of 2 evils.
    You have a couple of photos that are great... you must be very good at photoshop!

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

Originally posted by Pihsiak

I had to send my coolpix out to Vancouver one time... paid shipping, both ways, instead of going up to the NE behind barlow to drop off something at the Canon repair center.

Nikon had my camera for over 9 months!!!!! I freakin forgot I sent it out to them after nagging them for 4 months!. In the end I got a phone call saying they could not fix it and since the value of the camera had depreciated, if I wanted them to bill my visa some more so the could send me an upgraded equvilent!!!!

So if you think Canon's service sucked then Nikon FTMFL!
    It goes both ways - I remember a thread from Nikonians about six months ago where an NPS member sent his backup D1X in for repair. Nikon had it for three weeks, couldn't fix it, so they sent him a brand new D2Xs free of charge.

It's about taking care of your pro customers.

Maybe you should ask D'z about how long it took Canon to clean his 20D's sensor.

My Ride
    AI Servo

good that you got a brand new body!

i'm still waiting for my turn to send my bodies in for the sub mirror fix. they have to do the recall in missisauga apparently.