Quantcast
Let the layoff begins - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Let the layoff begins

My Ride
    cars

Originally posted by Merkur
    Its a big loss to the 900 people who are now jobless! Stop and think about it before you say shit like "its no big loss"
    Well maybe if they did their job properly and treated customers with respect, they wouldn't be out of a job??

After 12+ years in the IT Industry my experience is that Dell support is by far the worst of any of the major computer manufacturers. I had one momo once come out to replace a motherboard 3 times in a laptop before he figured out that he was bringing the wrong part number for the model we had.

You want a model for customer support out of a computer company give Iron Port, Juniper, Secure Computing or IBM a call. People are actually.. OH I don't know?? trained?

Last edited by modded46; 02-02-2008 at 10:39 AM.

My Ride
    cars

And shouldn't the title of this thread be "let the layoffs begin"?

My Ride
    06 S2000

Originally posted by modded46

Well maybe if they did their job properly and treated customers with respect, they wouldn't be out of a job??

After 12+ years in the IT Industry my experience is that Dell support is by far the worst of any of the major computer manufacturers. I had one momo once come out to replace a motherboard 3 times in a laptop before he figured out that he was bringing the wrong part number for the model we had.

You want a model for customer support out of a computer company give Iron Port, Juniper, Secure Computing or IBM a call. People are actually.. OH I don't know?? trained?

I'm sorry but after working for both IBM and Dell that statement is 100% bullshit.

IBM contracts out most of it's techs from temp agencies, and Dell contracts out to local companies (in Calgary it's Tech Squad) for local tech support

As for treating people with respect, read WTF I wrote, and you'd see that Dell Canada call centres ONLY RECEIVE US CALLS due to the LARGE amount of complaints from the US about India...
    Quote Originally Posted by heavyfuel View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's why I just say I have a 4" dick and lift weights to make up for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    My car sounds like shit.

My Ride
    '97 BMW 328is M-Sport

^ It's true. Comcast also has its tech support in Edmonton and Calgary.
    Originally posted by FraserB
    I think their main complaint is that they did not receive the stolen property they paid for.

Originally posted by LilDrunkenSmurf

If I have a customer come in and get mad at me I'll be short and abrupt. I'll only go the extra mile for people who treat me with respect
    That's not customer service, that's a pissing match with someone who's business pays your wages. The customer may very well have a legit reason for being pissed, and your attitude would only make things worse.

My Ride
    89 Shelby daytona

You can say that sure.....

But one you have worked the job for 2+ years like I did (convergys...dealing with dumbass Americans).

The difference is, if they were pissed off at the company, I would be ok with it. Hell I would tell them how shitty it is, I am an intelligent guy and know the system inside and out. If he understands that and respects me and not the company, I am all for it. The company usually does have stupid rules and restrictions.

I was quick to tell people there options, lay em out straight and no BS....if they didn't like that then I cant really blame them. If they didn't like me because I gave them every option including loop holes and billing secrets we are not even supposed to know...then fuck him I went above and beyond.

I gave out alot of misc credit adjustments to cool people ont he phone that understood what was going on. I also gave out alot of misc additional fees to fuck heads that should be shot, but.....no one is supposed to know about that part.

I kinda miss that job just because of the power I held...and some of the crazy people I talked to. I eventually figured out how to give out credit in the thousands/tens of thousands of dollars. I learned the system inside and out got away with alot of stuff that was morally fine with me, but if my boss would have found out lol.

My Ride
    06 S2000

Originally posted by lint

That's not customer service, that's a pissing match with someone who's business pays your wages. The customer may very well have a legit reason for being pissed, and your attitude would only make things worse.
    most people will treat me like shit because I'm 20 and selling computers in a mall. if they have that kind of attitude why should I respect them. if they treat me like a human I'll go the extra mile for them

My Ride
    '97 BMW 328is M-Sport

I used to work retail too. I'd say 90% of the people I got were good people, asked the right questions and had respect. The other 10% are the ones you remember more of, unfortunately.
    Originally posted by FraserB
    I think their main complaint is that they did not receive the stolen property they paid for.

My Ride
    cars

Originally posted by LilDrunkenSmurf

I'm sorry but after working for both IBM and Dell that statement is 100% bullshit.

IBM contracts out most of it's techs from temp agencies, and Dell contracts out to local companies (in Calgary it's Tech Squad) for local tech support

As for treating people with respect, read WTF I wrote, and you'd see that Dell Canada call centres ONLY RECEIVE US CALLS due to the LARGE amount of complaints from the US about India...
    So obviously the Canadian call centre didn't do much better than India huh? haha

My Ride
    06 S2000

The reason the Canadian call center was shut down was due to the dollar.

There's no point having American tech support in Canada when it's the same cost to now keep it in the states. They probably had complaints about Canadians stealing their jobs for the same cost. It no longer saves them any money to outsource the tech support to Canada.

Had the American dollar outstripped the Canadian dollar, then I'm sure the call centers would've stayed open.

And they won't keep it for Canadian users because it's far cheaper to just outsource OUR call centers to India. If everyone in Canada complained about India, I'm sure they would reopen a call center in Canada.
    Quote Originally Posted by heavyfuel View Post
    That's why I just say I have a 4" dick and lift weights to make up for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    My car sounds like shit.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2