Quantcast
About to spend $750 to have car shipped - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: About to spend $750 to have car shipped

My Ride
    400whp MR2 - An Italian and a couple of Germans

Default About to spend $750 to have car shipped

Im shipping my car via Haysen's transport. It will be on an enclosed box car. Is there anything I should know about shipping rail or even with Haysens for that matter before I go through with it. Thanks
    Looking for a new VW? How about a used vehicle? We are Central Albertas #1 source for pre-owned vehicles
    I will beat any deal on a new VW for beyonders

Gary Moe Volkswagen/Gary Moe Used Car Superstore!

Red Deer, AB

My Ride
    91 Civic

From - To? How many stops?
    Originally posted by Ridelikeme

preludes are definately not slow.. they are the corvettes of the honda 4cylinder world..they float

My Ride

From TO to Calgary, Im not sure if they make stops or not. Seems like a decent price, it includes gst, insurance and a 2% fuel tax. It's all in an enclosed box car
    Looking for a new VW? How about a used vehicle? We are Central Albertas #1 source for pre-owned vehicles

Red Deer, AB

My Ride
    91 Civic

Well, anything else in the box? That would have to be it for questions...
    Originally posted by Ridelikeme

preludes are definately not slow.. they are the corvettes of the honda 4cylinder world..they float

Make sure that if anything happens to it during shipping your insurance covers it, and so does Haysens.

My Ride
    PRV

Make sure they accidently deliver the McLaren to you & your car to someone else. Drive it for a week & claim you didn't realize it wasn't your car
    Green, GREEEEEN!!!

My Ride
    07 Mazdaspeed 6, 89 Mustang LX

Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
    From TO to Calgary, Im not sure if they make stops or not. Seems like a decent price, it includes gst, insurance and a 2% fuel tax. It's all in an enclosed box car
    Thats an extremely good price. It was costing the rally guys well over $2k to ship their cars down and east and back for events by rail. As long as you make sure the insurance and shipping company pays for any damage to the vehicle incurred during transit thats all you really need to know I believe. Its not often vehicles get damaged, but stuff happens.
    Drag racing is for fast cars. Solo 2 is for fast drivers.

My Ride
    '07 Ranger FX4 Level II

make sure you take lots of pictures with date stamp if you can. Carriers are decent if you have proof that they caused the dammage.

You never know how stupid people are though. I saw a carrier yesterday slam on his breaks and a brand new dodge truck with a hemi in in flew foward in to his cab because he used the bumper to strap down the dodge.
    Originally posted by rage2

Just because you're older... doesn't mean you need older women. Nothing wrong with an 18 year old here and there!

My Ride
    Highlander

I used Haysens to ship my car from TO to CGY about a year and a half- two years ago...It was on time, my car had no absolutely no damage on it, and they are a really easy company to deal with...My price was the same as yours to ship it as well. I give them

My Ride
    2015 VW GTI

Same man, I had my old car shipped by them,... they do a complete check of the car for anything that could be caused by them and right a small report of all the areas that are damaged before they take possession... they are super thourough... My car was on time and in perfect shape... and like melinda said,, super easy to deal with...

My Ride
    GMC Sierra

the only thing that you might want to watch for is rail dust (thats is if there is no damage). Tiny particles from the tracks that embed into the paint. The only way that it can be removed is with fallout remover or clay away. I come across this alot, working at a dealership and making sure that this problem is dealt with before the customer recieves the car. Most new cars are shipped west via train and many cars have rail dust. Although I am not sure if it will be a problem in a box car or not. Maybe cover your car to be sure.

My Ride
    O.P.P.

I had a car shipped from Van. to Calgary a few years back via rail...It cost about $250ish and everything went well/car was on time. That was by Hansen's Forwarding...

My Ride

Thanks for all the info guys, its been very helpful, I hope they dont care that I cram 3 suitcases, soem electronics, and a minifridge into the car

Red Deer, AB

My Ride
    1999 Impreza hybrid CLOSED DECK!

they will make you take it out i think.. they made me take out all my stuff...

same price from Calgary to TO? Do you know if the price is more for a larger vehicle (station wagon)?

My Ride
    96 T/A

yeah.. it's about $800 for me to ship mine to montreal with the few places I've checked....
    the main thing I've heard is get a lot of wax on it....
    even though it's an enclosed box car, with the shaking, etc, there will be contaminents that may fall on it...

Or a car cover?

Ryan, they will not make you take your stuff out but they will not be responsible for items inside the vehicle...I loaded my Jeep up and sent it to my sis in MTL and had no probs....same price pretty much....they'll take care of it man...good luck

My Ride
    Highlander

Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
    Thanks for all the info guys, its been very helpful, I hope they dont care that I cram 3 suitcases, soem electronics, and a minifridge into the car
    We loaded my car with stuff and they didn't care...just as was already said, they hold no responsibility for it...try and get as much in the trunk as you can where it cant be seen

My Ride
    BMW 540it

Moved a car to Calgary from Houston with Hansens just a couple of weeks ago. They didn't care about the stuff in the trunk (Lots of car parts and kids stuff etc) and the car arrived with no problems. Put a thick coat of wax on and then put the car through a wash right afterwards, if you are worried about the finish.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast