Quantcast
Shooting NE calgary - Page 6 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Shooting NE calgary

Originally posted by Big Dangerous
    Meh.

Drive through the SW, NW... then drive through the Northeast. Is there any ACTUAL nice hoods in the NE? Ones like MR or the pump... or signal hill... no?
    Has anyone argued that there are not nice big homes in the SW? Are you a complete retard or do you still have some parts missing? Yes, lower income housing in the NE but not a ghetto or shithole by any relative standards. I am just saying that not everyone can be a lucky as I assume you are to live in said homes. I think I speak for us all when I say I am proud of you and what your mommy and daddy have accomplished by placing you in the best area of the city with zero crime. Congradulations.
    When lazy let idle.

Here's my rules of thumb of avoiding the following at the "susceptible" hours:

- Falconridge
    - Castleridge
    - Rundle
    - Forestlawn
    - Martindale

Other than that, stay on main roads and you'll "feel" safer :-)
    Last edited by ntv1980; 02-09-2008 at 07:34 PM.

Originally posted by TACO.VIDAL
    I had an old friend contact me on Facebook last summer. She was in town on business. I gave her my address - I live on a numbered street - but she wrote it down wrong and ended up in the East instead of the West. What a difference a one letter makes!?

Heres some pics she took:

(hopefully the city can use the new junker car law to clean up some of the East)

So the NE is in the U.S? Notice the US flag on the first house and the license plate on the FRONT of the cavalier... Ummmmmm... I don't think this is calgary...

My Ride
    Mall Crawler

Originally posted by badatusrnames
    ^^ So you drove a bit east and way south for a few days straight? Were you there for Fat Tuesday?

Originally posted by tirebob

So the NE is in the U.S? Notice the US flag on the first house and the license plate on the FRONT of the cavalier... Ummmmmm... I don't think this is calgary...
    sig deleted by moderator, because they are useless

My Ride
    Camaro 2SS

Originally posted by badatusrnames
    ^^ So you drove a bit east and way south for a few days straight? Were you there for Fat Tuesday?

My Ride
    cars

There's no snow on the ground or guys walking around smoking weed so it can't be Calgary..

I had an old friend contact me on Facebook last summer. She was in town on business. I gave her my address - I live on a numbered street - but she wrote it down wrong and ended up in the East instead of the West. What a difference a one letter makes!?

Heres some pics she took:

(hopefully the city can use the new junker car law to clean up some of the East)

LOl U fuking retard!!! thats not even a pic of calgary! FAG!.. I recommend ban. Not me, him!

My Ride
    Mall Crawler

Last edited by finboy; 02-09-2008 at 09:43 PM.

Originally posted by ctruo

LOl U fuking retard!!! thats not even a pic of calgary! FAG!.. I recommend ban. Not me, him!
    yes it is, I've seen that little tractor running around 32nd and it's always parked at the Big Easy .. It's got a pretty bumpin' stereo!

My Ride
    YH2/FK8

So good I moved to Wentworth...so quiet.

BTW, to all the posters who thinks Calgary is 'turning ghetto', let me humour you. The term 'ghetto' is

Originally, the section of a European city to which Jews were restricted. Today, commonly defined as a section of a city occupied by members of a minority group who live there because of social restrictions on their residential choice.
    But nowadays, some minorities in ghettos are forced to live in lower income project housing, where crime, drugs, and poverty reside. THAT is a ghetto and THAT is not Calgary, not even the NE.

If you go to an actual ghetto or places like Westside Chi-Town, East LA, East Hastings in Van, or parts of New York, you will realize how good we have in Calgary. At least the crime rate is low enough to see it make the news. Shit goes down and people die in these other places everyday and most of it doesn't even make it on the radio.
    Last edited by JordanEG6; 02-09-2008 at 10:32 PM.
    SneakerFiles.com | Blog | Team AM Fam

1993 Honda Civic CX (B16A2) - 2002-2005
    1992 Honda Civic Si (K20A2) - 2006-2008
    2008 BMW 335i - 2008-2013
    2008 Honda Element EX AWD - 2013-Current
    2021 Honda Civic Type R LE - 2021-Current

Originally posted by JordanEG6

BTW, to all the posters who thinks Calgary is 'turning ghetto', let me humour you. The term 'ghetto' is

But nowadays, some minorities in ghettos are forced to live in lower income project housing, where crime, drugs, and poverty reside. THAT is a ghetto and THAT is not Calgary, not even the NE.

If you go to an actual ghetto or places like Westside Chi-Town, East LA, East Hastings in Van, or parts of New York, you will realize how good we have in Calgary. At least the crime rate is low enough to see it make the news. Shit goes down and people die in these other places everyday and most of it doesn't even make it on the radio.
    i agree shooting happens every where but compare calgary to any other bigger city were doing better with lower crime rate, better living and so on. people here start to freak out every time they hear abt a shooting liek its the end of the world. i remember when i use to live in T.O we couldn;t get pizza dilver to my apartment even durring the day time cuz those dilvery gusy always get rob. even those ice cream guys on bikes don't come by.

My Ride
    Axis powers

Originally posted by JordanEG6

oh east hastings... that place is just unreal..

i drove through there a couple times, made sure my doors were locked.. there was so much shit going down, cops didnt do shit except sit in their cars
    yea i was there, i watched it, then i gtfo
    Sig nuked by mod.

well...roadblock today on 17th ave SW before Crowchild, sure enough, me being a young Asian guy in a lowered Mazda 3 got pulled over so the cop could check my license and make sure I'm not a "known gang member".....passed the breathalizer with flying colors though! 0.28!

My Ride
    Axis powers

flying colours is 0.00 thanks for coming out
    Sig nuked by mod.

My Ride
    Camaro 2SS

Originally posted by jay42w8
    well...roadblock today on 17th ave SW before Crowchild, sure enough, me being a young Asian guy in a lowered Mazda 3 got pulled over so the cop could check my license and make sure I'm not a "known gang member".....passed the breathalizer with flying colors though! 0.28!
    0.28 is 3.5 times the legal limit.

oh c'mon buddy they will stop everybody who is young...stop using racism as an excuse. It's just stupid.

My Ride
    Mall Crawler

you think maybe they pulled you over because, and i might be reaching here, they could smell alcohol?

My Ride
    YH2/FK8

Originally posted by adam c

oh east hastings... that place is just unreal..

i drove through there a couple times, made sure my doors were locked.. there was so much shit going down, cops didnt do shit except sit in their cars
    yea i was there, i watched it, then i gtfo
    I've seen people dealing and shooting up in public without a care in the world in broad daylight hahaha
    SneakerFiles.com | Blog | Team AM Fam

1993 Honda Civic CX (B16A2) - 2002-2005
    1992 Honda Civic Si (K20A2) - 2006-2008
    2008 BMW 335i - 2008-2013
    2008 Honda Element EX AWD - 2013-Current
    2021 Honda Civic Type R LE - 2021-Current

My Ride
    Rust bucketz

Originally posted by 403Gemini

I think people are targetting the NE because the 2 gangs involved in this are in... wait for it... the NE
    I think your wrong

My Ride
    Mall Crawler

Originally posted by SR240SX

I think your wrong
    speaking of wrong...

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 ... LastLast