Quantcast
2003 Mercedes Benz CLK - Page 9 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: 2003 Mercedes Benz CLK

My Ride
    911 Turbo

All signs point to BMW being the far superior car! It hurts my head to think that you fools just can't understand that!

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by Angisio
    Its in a different class of sports cars.
    Yea, a sportier class =).
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    purdy blue car

Originally posted by Tha_Shot_Caller
    All signs point to BMW being the far superior car! It hurts my head to think that you fools just can't understand that!
    Personally, I prefer the M3 over the CLK because the CLK is not my style of car. But you can't say that one car is "better" than the other unless you know what criteria are being used.

Is the M3 faster and better handling than the new CLK55? probably. Is it cheaper? Definitely. Is it better? That depends on why you're buying the car.

Is the M3 faster and better handling than the Z06? No. Is it cheaper? No. So is the Z06 a better car?

There are many criteria that could define a "better" car - each person must decide for themselves which criteria are most important to them.
    It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

My Ride
    Turbos n Stuff™

Originally posted by Fat Dave

Personally, I prefer the M3 over the CLK because the CLK is not my style of car. But you can't say that one car is "better" than the other unless you know what criteria are being used.

Is the M3 faster and better handling than the new CLK55? probably. Is it cheaper? Definitely. Is it better? That depends on why you're buying the car.

Is the M3 faster and better handling than the Z06? No. Is it cheaper? No. So is the Z06 a better car?

There are many criteria that could define a "better" car - each person must decide for themselves which criteria are most important to them.
    well stated!
    Travel

My Ride
    purdy blue car

Originally posted by Tha_Shot_Caller

Oh my friend, i'm not gonna pull any punches here, the M3 is the better car. You know it, I know it so why don't you pull your head outta your ass and just realize it?
    As I clearly noted, I would pick the M3 over the CLK. Did you not read my post?
    It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

OK folks, this thread has gone from a BMW vs MB to a bash each other thread. It all stops now. Feel free to chat about BMW's and MB's and comparing CLK's M3's, etc. If you guys can't act a little more mature, this thread will be closed.
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

All said and done, and even with the engine problems, I would personally purchase an M3 over a CLK430 (even the CLK55) or a C32. However, I can't really make sweeping statements as to which car is "better"... just personally for me, its the better choice.
    ---

My Ride
    07 Mazdaspeed 6, 89 Mustang LX

Originally posted by rage2

Yea, a sportier class =).
    Cheaper and faster

A G20 is hardly as good as a 330i. In which way are they similiar?

Originally posted by Angisio
    ya i know, but i'd rather be like you and get the better car with less name attached to it. I mean the G20 is in the same class and is basically as good as the 330i but a lot cheaper. I would never even bother with the benz because of its horrible horrible price.

Default Overpriced?

I certainly prefer the M3.
    Last edited by turkeysilk; 08-18-2002 at 02:10 PM.

Default Re: Re: Crap

Originally posted by max_boost

If your SMG motor holds up! LOL
    Excuse me sir, but I'm not sure if that makes any sense. The reason that I say this is because SMGII is a type of gear box that BMW has made optional in the E46 M3, and also will be an option on the 3.0 litre Z4. The engine and the gear box is 2 major different components of the car. So there is no such thing as an SMG Motor.

Default Re: Re: Re: Crap

The SMGII *might* be an option on the Z4. They still haven't finished testing it with the 3.0L. It looks likely, though, that they will offer the M Roadster with SMG, and will not have the exhaust constraints that they do on the current model, boosting horsepower to at least 333.

Originally posted by turkeysilk

Excuse me sir, but I'm not sure if that makes any sense. The reason that I say this is because SMGII is a type of gear box that BMW has made optional in the E46 M3, and also will be an option on the 3.0 litre Z4. The engine and the gear box is 2 major different components of the car. So there is no such thing as an SMG Motor.

Personally, I've always liked BMWs more then Mercs. But 70 grand goes a long way if you don't restrict yourself to new cars....
    Shut up and race!

My Ride
    97 Ls/Vtec ..95 Pathfinder

15k? piss that in a weekend lol
    A$$

Default CLK 55 AMG declared not as good as the M3

I have recently come upon an interesting article that I found in finest British publication available, Autocar Magazine. The article is in regards to the new CLK 55 AMG. Many of the members on this site prefer Mercedes to BMW because of ride quality, class, etc. Take a look at this quote from the article.

"But 57 000 pounds for this range-topping CLK? Yes, it does have a tantalising motor; yes, it has the badge; yes, it has an appealing chassis (if you ignore the poor ride). But guess what? All that is true of the 17k pound-cheaper M3. And if thats not exclussive enough for you, Porsche will sell you a 911 coupe for a grand less."

It sounds as if the ride quality is low, even though that is what many Mercedes Benz fans cling to. Even more evidence pointing to low ride quality.

"But hit a selection of road acne at speed and the ride becomes quite brittle;"

In another thread I read about some M3 engines blowing up and the owners still had to pay, but in this case, even if the engine does blow up and you have to pay for it, it is still less expensive than the CLK 55 AMG.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Good for you. And I'm sure there's articles saying the M3 rides really harsh. You have something against Mercedes? I mean, you posted this exact same thing in another thread, but was ignored, so you feel you need to get some attention?

Why don't you go drive both cars before passing judgement. It's pointless to argue these 2 cars, they don't even have the same target segment.

My Ride
    Toda Type R

Wheres that picture for ghey post?

Why would you bring that up turkysilk? their was a whole thread dedicated to it and it was pretty much determined that the CLK55 AMG is not comparable to any car on the market so critisims against it are pointless.

And rage2 i doubt turkeysilk has anything against mercedes he posted those pics of the SLR up which were cool.

Cant we all just stay civilized when discussing this car!

Originally posted by rage2
    Good for you. And I'm sure there's articles saying the M3 rides really harsh. You have something against Mercedes? I mean, you posted this exact same thing in another thread, but was ignored, so you feel you need to get some attention?

Why don't you go drive both cars before passing judgement. It's pointless to argue these 2 cars, they don't even have the same target segment.
    I'm terribly sorry Rage, I didn't realize I wasn't allowed to express opinions that differed from your own. Also, I was not expressing my own opinions, I was expressing opinions written in a magazine. It wasn't me comparing those cars, it was the magazine.

I felt that it was an interesting article, and not many people were being exposed to it at the end of the other thread.

My Ride
    BMW X1 35i MSport

You can't really say which car is "Better". The M3 is better than the CLK55 AMG in a way, and the CLK55 AMG is better than the M3 in a way.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 LastLast