Quantcast
3 Idiots driving on Deerfoot Sat nite - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 3 Idiots driving on Deerfoot Sat nite

My Ride
    Suby Tech International

Default 3 Idiots driving on Deerfoot Sat nite

Driving south on Deerfoot just after the Heritage over pass bridge at 12:15AM Sunday morning.
    A Silver Honda Civic with large spoiler and 2 other smaller cars maybe one was black sunfire came up behind 3 cars that were traveling abreast just because of speed differences.

These 3 cars who where travelling at 110kph minding their own business when along comes the other 3 little toy cars.

What happened next was something you would see playing PS2.

The Silver Honda driving in the fast lane at my estimate at 160kph came up behind the other car in the fast lane, braked heavy and then swerved right pushing the car that was in the centre lane over onto the guy in the outside lane.

I was the car in the outside lane and had to use the breakdown lane to avoid an accident. The guy who was in the middle lane tried to get back to avoid hitting me and couldn't because the other 2 little cars where doing the same thing.

I have raced bikes at "A" Grade level , Go Karts and been a member of the Nissan works Skyline racing team overseas and this is one of the most dangerous things I have seen. If I had not been anticipating this stupid act Myself the guy next to me would of crashed into me, also the Civic and his friends. At least the guy in the middle lane tried to avoid an accident with the Honda. He did a good job.

What's with young guys that think they can drive a car like they play PS2. Just bang people out of the way.

If one of you are reading this, You are going to kill someone, probably yourself first.

I would gladly give you a driving lesson at the track. But what's the point, you can't drive a greasy stick up a dogs arse and have to play kid PS2 racers on the street.

YOU IDIOT's

My Ride
    a wrx.

i got cut off so bad by an old j-body today that i had to swerve to avoid getting hit. the guy continued to cut me off even tho i had laid on my horn for about 8 seconds. wtf. just another whiteboy tool with a sideways cap, a gangsta lean, and a fat gf.

My Ride
    400whp MR2 - An Italian and a couple of Germans

J-body drivers can go to hell, I was run off the road (literally) by one
    Looking for a new VW? How about a used vehicle? We are Central Albertas #1 source for pre-owned vehicles
    I will beat any deal on a new VW for beyonders

Gary Moe Volkswagen/Gary Moe Used Car Superstore!

Red Deer, AB

My Ride
    2010 Mazda 3

Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    just another whiteboy tool with a sideways cap, a gangsta lean, and a fat gf.

Then tourists always comment on how polite Calgary drivers are. Guess they haven't run into ppl like this
    Last edited by AquamosH; 08-03-2003 at 09:53 PM.

My Ride
    91 MR2 turbo

i hate people who does that.

i go crazy fast but that is only at 3 in the morning where there is NO TRAFFIC at all on the freeway.

i hope these kids get caught or crash into eachother not into others.

Dumb drivers.

My Ride
    Turbos n Stuff™

You and I would get along well, I had a smilar encounter!

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.p...threadid=20637
    Travel

My Ride
    13 Scion FR-S, 11 Mitsu Outlander

So there was a guy going 110 in the left lane at midnight, and he has no blame - ok.

Khyron

My Ride
    Left at 5pm

Shitty...Just hope he gets in an accident and then fucks up the rest of his life and cries about it in a wheelchair...Then, maybe he'll learn his lesson...
    Originally posted by scat19
    I have a BMW so im not stupid.

My Ride
    NC1

Originally posted by Khyron
    So there was a guy going 110 in the left lane at midnight, and he has no blame - ok.

Khyron
    Is this the autobahn (sp?)
    Last checked the speed limit was 100km/h on Deerfoot
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    i got cut off so bad by an old j-body today that i had to swerve to avoid getting hit. the guy continued to cut me off even tho i had laid on my horn for about 8 seconds. wtf. just another whiteboy tool with a sideways cap, a gangsta lean, and a fat gf.
    thats wack... i hate j bodies becuase of the idiot wannabes that think they are race cars...

My Ride
    Turbos n Stuff™

Originally posted by max_boost

Although 110 is speeding in the first place, it is common courtesy to have SLOWER traffic keeping right...so if your doing a buck 70 and some guy wants buy...move right... hahaha
    Travel

My Ride

Originally posted by max_boost

Yah yah yah and running red lights is illegal too. But you still watch out for them when crossing a street. It's called common sense - you can be in the right/legal/holier than thou all you want, but it's meaningless if your dead. Guy driving slow in the fast lane when not needed is setting up for an accident. Don't be stupid, avoid the whole situation by getting out of the way.

If I came up on 3 cars blocking 3 lanes during light traffic I'd be pissed too.

Khyron

lammer Guest

last time on the way home on 36th some dude was in a j-body, he was peeling out at everylight and almost rear ended a grand prix, he thought he was quite hot shit cutting people off..

My Ride
    NC1

Yah yah yah and running red lights is illegal too. But you still watch out for them when crossing a street. It's called common sense - you can be in the right/legal/holier than thou all you want, but it's meaningless if your dead. Guy driving slow in the fast lane when not needed is setting up for an accident. Don't be stupid, avoid the whole situation by getting out of the way.

Khyron
    How much time do you think this individual in the far left lane had to react? He probably didn't even have time to change lanes before the ass pushed the car in the middle lane over. Yah you would be pissed driving down Deerfoot at 160km/h wouldn't you?

Slower traffic keep right? Very often I see cars traveling 90km in the right lane.

So emphasis should be placed on the one not avoiding the accident instead of the one causing it? Split second reactions, sorry, not everyone is as swift as you

Just think about it for a second. You are in the far left lane, you see this car approaching really fast and you want to move over but the center lane is taken. So you figure you might speed up a bit and move over and next thing you know, the silver honda has already pushed the car in the center lane over. In order to do that, he had to be side by side with the middle car in order to force him/her over. And mind you this all happens really fast right? 160km vs 110km.

All I'm trying to say is, if the car in the left lane is intentionally blocking everyone, then place blame on him. In this case, I'm willing to bet he didn't have time to react.

Ok I'm done
    I am user #49

My Ride
    a wrx.

Khyron
    when an accident occurs in said situation, it is the fault of the one breaking the law.

see, i wasnt going 110 in the passing lane to purposely block the speeder, i was in the passing lane to pass other cars going 100. just cuz theres an idiot behind me doesnt mean i have to speed up for him.

My Ride

First of all, I never said the Honda speeder gets no blame - of course he's technically in the wrong. Secondly, the 160/hr is a guesstimate - if he really was going that fast, then I'll concede he's going too fast. But 130 late a night? Common. I do 140 on highway 2, and I'm certainly not the only one.

So emphasis should be placed on the one not avoiding the accident instead of the one causing it? Split second reactions, sorry, not everyone is as swift as you
    It's like walking into a biker bar, calling the biggest one a sissy, and then crying "but thats not right, assault is illegal" when you get your ass kicked. You could have just stayed out of the bar. Same thing - the BEST drivers are defensive and you never hear about them because they avoid the whole problem.

when an accident occurs in said situation, it is the fault of the one breaking the law.
    Very good, we can assign blame. But if you're the one who's killed, it's small comfort.

see, i wasnt going 110 in the passing lane to purposely block the speeder, i was in the passing lane to pass other cars going 100. just cuz theres an idiot behind me doesnt mean i have to speed up for him.
    Nope, you don't HAVE to speed up - but would any of this have occured if you had? Think outside the box - outside the knee jerk "I'm not doing anything wrong therefore I must be doing everything right". I would bet that that statement alone contributes to more accidents that anything else.

The easiest thing - pretend you're on a motorcycle with no helmet. Would you have sped up to get out of the way, or would you still have held your ground?

Remember - I'm not saying the Honda was in the right, quite the contrary. But by being stubborn, you are no longer in the right either.

Khyron
    Last edited by Khyron; 08-04-2003 at 07:12 PM.

My Ride
    a wrx.

Nope, you don't HAVE to speed up - but would any of this have occured if you had? Think outside the box - outside the knee jerk "I'm not doing anything wrong therefore I must be doing everything right". I would bet that that statement alone contributes to more accidents that anything else.

The easiest thing - pretend you're on a motorcycle with no helmet. Would you have sped up to get out of the way, or would you still have held your ground?

Remember - I'm not saying the Honda was in the right, quite the contrary. But by being stubborn, you are no longer in the right either.

Khyron
    whether i had sped up or not wouldnt change a thing.

My Ride
    NC1

It's like walking into a biker bar, calling the biggest one a sissy, and then crying "but thats not right, assault is illegal" when you get your ass kicked. You could have just stayed out of the bar. Same thing - the BEST drivers are defensive and you never hear about them because they avoid the whole problem.
    I highly doubt the the vehicle on the left was looking for trouble. If he was blocking, then your scenario applies. I am treating it as if he wanted to let the civic by but had no chance to.

If the civic could of waited a few more seconds, I am sure he could of passed properly without endangering any motorists.

I understand your view point, cause and effect. I am not doing anything wrong so I must be doing every right is like contributory negligence.
    I am user #49

My Ride

Bah I just felt like arguing. I probably would have thrown rocks at the Honda.

Khyron

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast