Quantcast
Magnets and Torque..anyone has experience? - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Magnets and Torque..anyone has experience?

Originally posted by Dr. Lightspeed

Ok done you pick 10 common cars book a saturday with me when they can all come down and be run on our dyno. we will do before and after runs 3 each of all the cars. I will end this once and for all. Either I will be correct or full of it. Another experiment never hurts. PM me your contact info and it will be done.
    Well, the truth be told, I am not a Canadian. One of your members is one of our members on hyundaiperformance.com and posted a link to this thread and I just figured I would share some info.

But I would be willing to bet that you could get atleast 10 members from this site to volteer their cars and I would also be willing to bet that each and every one of them will buy one of your shiny air swirlers if they show any real gains.

BTW, what type of dyno will you be using to do this experiment?

My Ride
    '87 RX-7 Tii

Hn. I haven't had the Civic on the dyno yet. I'll volunteer.
    "Well here's the problem. Some koot put an Acura engine in your Honda."

I also volunteer. I think it's BS and I'm not going to change my mind until I see otherwise.
    You start with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck.

Well, there are 2 volunteers already.

Lets see if we can get as many different cars as possible (preferably with multipoint fuel injection) and if Dr. Lightspeed will follow through with his challenge.

My Ride
    Really FAST Ones

5.9 RT what are you driving for the test is it is a 360 or 318 dodge truck there is no place to place the Tornado unless you have a cold air kit. Let me know.
    Lookin Good is Goin FAST
    "HOME of the AWD DYNO"

My Ride
    87 AE86

Default .

If some magnets, thicker ground wires and electric fans can give these HP gains, wouldn't it be logical that a car would come like that from the factorY?

My Ride
    Subaru WRX STI IV (E-GC8)

Default Re: .

Originally posted by 008
    If some magnets, thicker ground wires and electric fans can give these HP gains, wouldn't it be logical that a car would come like that from the factorY?

Car makers are business people. If they would need to pay royalties each time they put one of these things in a car coming out of the factory, it would not be good for them.
    They don't care if they could add 5HP if it cost them in patent rights. They know other ways to get 5HP.

Maybe you will see this on factory cars in 15 years? ;-)

Never argue with an idiot. They will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

My Ride
    Really FAST Ones

Default Re: .

Originally posted by 008

It is funny you mention the thicker wire option. As of now in Japan from your Nissan parts counter you can order a "hot earth" option for your 350z. This particuliar part is made for Nissan by the same company making HyperGrounds. The Mazda parts counter will be offering this option very quickly also. So yes the dealers are onto this. Why you ask are they not makingn their own kit. It is the quality of the copper that makes the kit work Hyper Grounds copper is 99 percent pure. Like I said tho I will be doing my own testing. Just so everybody understands the only people knocking the product tho are people who havn't tried it yet we are getting comments from some that have. So take it from there. The ones that are knocking it are "experts in their own mind" and ranting in the minds of those that have tried it. Like I said before I was turned onto it by Apexi who as we all know know absoultely nothing about building fast cars. They had no other motive other than to help me out as they do not sell this product. So the local experts say it doesn't work oh well I have a briefcase of dyno sheets from other people that say it does plus soon I will do my own tests. So for the so called experts(loud mouthed opinion posters) show some dyno numbers that say they don't oh yea don't forget to look in the last issue of Import Tuner they did a 4g63 in there also with dyno numbers. Hey 5-8 hs for $200 BUCKS WOW I would certaily pay attention. Hopefully I will have time to scan in the sheets today and put a pdf on my site. These are not my numbers just others.
    Lookin Good is Goin FAST
    "HOME of the AWD DYNO"

My Ride
    1995 Nissan 240SX

hey so did this test go through?

max
    240 ka-t

My Ride
    Really FAST Ones

The worst was 2 horse however the hyper voltage made 6 horse on the only vehicle we tested. You could hear the differance. I will be doing up a detailed report on it in the near future. It will be on the download section of my site.
    Lookin Good is Goin FAST
    "HOME of the AWD DYNO"

My Ride
    You Crazy

nevermind....
    Last edited by Toma; 09-21-2003 at 09:59 AM.

My Ride
    Vettes mostly, some Stangs and a turbo 4 cylinder

Default Re: Magnets and Torque..anyone has experience?

Originally posted by Caretaker
    I'd like to know if you have heard of the PowerNeo from Zero1000? It is sold by Topfuel in Japan (www.topfuel.to). They claim it increases torque and fuel economy.

You can see this link:

http://www.topfuel.to/parts_catalog/powerneo.html
    or
    http://www.topfuel.to/parts_catalog/

U can use babelfish to translate these pages:

http://babelfish.altavista.com/

it's a series or magnets that presumably aligns the octane molecules before the fuel gets into the piston. It is supposed to create better combustion therefore increasing torque and fuel consumption.

I bought it yesterday..although I was pretty skeptic. I'll put some fuel data as soon as I can.

anyone tried similar devices? Searching the patent database, I found more than 80 applications for something similar! Like Holy water in the radiator?!?

Let the flames begin!

CT

In some areas, pump gasoline contains significant organometallic octane enhancers (MMTP - a manganese compound). The big questions are:

1) Is there enough MMTP in these pump gasolines for an effect to be noticeable?

2) Is manganese "magnetic enough" for an effect to be noticeable?

3) How do the magnets in electric fuel pumps contribute and detract from the supposed effect?

My Ride

Originally posted by 5.9 R/T
    They don't work on GM because of the vortec heads. Basically what the tornado does is spin the air so it mixes with the fuel better, it does not allow more air to enter the combustion chamber. GM engines were designed to spin the air as it enters the combustion chamber, so obviously the tornado would have no effect if the air is already spinning.
    Does this product supposedly increase combustion chamber "swirl" ?

My Ride

Default Re: Re: .

Originally posted by Dr. Lightspeed

It is funny you mention the thicker wire option. As of now in Japan from your Nissan parts counter you can order a "hot earth" option for your 350z. This particuliar part is made for Nissan by the same company making HyperGrounds. The Mazda parts counter will be offering this option very quickly also. So yes the dealers are onto this. Why you ask are they not makingn their own kit. It is the quality of the copper that makes the kit work Hyper Grounds copper is 99 percent pure. Like I said tho I will be doing my own testing. Just so everybody understands the only people knocking the product tho are people who havn't tried it yet we are getting comments from some that have. So take it from there. The ones that are knocking it are "experts in their own mind" and ranting in the minds of those that have tried it. Like I said before I was turned onto it by Apexi who as we all know know absoultely nothing about building fast cars. They had no other motive other than to help me out as they do not sell this product. So the local experts say it doesn't work oh well I have a briefcase of dyno sheets from other people that say it does plus soon I will do my own tests. So for the so called experts(loud mouthed opinion posters) show some dyno numbers that say they don't oh yea don't forget to look in the last issue of Import Tuner they did a 4g63 in there also with dyno numbers. Hey 5-8 hs for $200 BUCKS WOW I would certaily pay attention. Hopefully I will have time to scan in the sheets today and put a pdf on my site. These are not my numbers just others.
    Automotive control systems (ECUs, sensors, HUDs etc) need a high quality ground at both DC and RF. This should be a single point to ground, where each circuit sees the same impedance to gound. This concept will prevent ground loops and stray EMF.

Maybe these "super grounds" are addressing this need??
    Does anybody have some ideas on this?

t.t.

My Ride
    You Crazy

I made a big long post, but it was like 5:30 am, and sounded like giberish....

Tornado is garbage, does not work in any way shape or form. Generally speaking a length of pipe 3 to 4 times longer then its diameter will straighten out airflow...... We tested one last year for the fuck of it (we all knew it would do nothing, but you just have to do it to convince some people). Anyway, AF ratio was identical under lo/medium load conditions, power was down at WOT and showed richer, indicating that it was restricting airflow.

Magnets.... , not many metallics in fuel these days. Common ways of raising octane are MTBE (methyl tertiary butyl ether), methanol/ethanol, xylene, toluene, acetone etc...). You got more chance of a magnet in a bracelet helping your circulation since your blood contains hemoglobin (which carries iron). "Octane" in fuel is a number that reflects the anti-knock properties of fuel in comaprisson to anti-knock properties of "iso-octane" (trimethyl pentane), it has nothing to do with how much of it it has in it, just something to compare knock values....

Grounds. Most EEC's/ECM's switch to ground. You will actually see some aftermarket DFI kits having larger grounds then power wire. Will a good ground help my car? Not a chance. Will it help a 5 year old car driven in Calgary's climate with all original battery cables, engien grounds etc? You bet. Corrosion, paint, things getting loose etc. make a huge difference. Will it make more power? maybe, persumably due to higher igntition energy allowing more plug gap, faster injector opening perhaps increasing fuel delivery.... etc.

Save your money, go buy some #8 power wire, soldler on some terminals, and have a blast. The imortant factors will be the ECU, ignition module, fuel injector harness. Also, replace your battery cables (both +ve and -ve) at any sign of corrosion (green or brittle).

Toma

My Ride
    Really FAST Ones

Originally posted by Toma
    I made a big long post, but it was like 5:30 am, and sounded like giberish....

Tornado is garbage, does not work in any way shape or form. Generally speaking a length of pipe 3 to 4 times longer then its diameter will straighten out airflow...... We tested one last year for the fuck of it (we all knew it would do nothing, but you just have to do it to convince some people). Anyway, AF ratio was identical under lo/medium load conditions, power was down at WOT and showed richer, indicating that it was restricting airflow.

Magnets.... , not many metallics in fuel these days. Common ways of raising octane are MTBE (methyl tertiary butyl ether), methanol/ethanol, xylene, toluene, acetone etc...). You got more chance of a magnet in a bracelet helping your circulation since your blood contains hemoglobin (which carries iron). "Octane" in fuel is a number that reflects the anti-knock properties of fuel in comaprisson to anti-knock properties of "iso-octane" (trimethyl pentane), it has nothing to do with how much of it it has in it, just something to compare knock values....

Grounds. Most EEC's/ECM's switch to ground. You will actually see some aftermarket DFI kits having larger grounds then power wire. Will a good ground help my car? Not a chance. Will it help a 5 year old car driven in Calgary's climate with all original battery cables, engien grounds etc? You bet. Corrosion, paint, things getting loose etc. make a huge difference. Will it make more power? maybe, persumably due to higher igntition energy allowing more plug gap, faster injector opening perhaps increasing fuel delivery.... etc.

Save your money, go buy some #8 power wire, soldler on some terminals, and have a blast. The imortant factors will be the ECU, ignition module, fuel injector harness. Also, replace your battery cables (both +ve and -ve) at any sign of corrosion (green or brittle).

Toma

Still sounds like gibberish.

Do actually understand any of this or do you just post it to look smart.

I will submit some pics of the Tornado built right into the intake manifold on the Corvette. Guess GM should have contacted you first Toma before they wasted their time and money on the developement of the intake. You should maybe check your equipment can't see how it caused a restriction.

As for grounds guess the Tuners at Apexi should also contact you Toma as they were the ones that brought it to my attention. Old cars rust corrosion, guess Nissan doesn't know crap thas why they offer it as an aftermarket accessory in Japan for brand new cars. Import Tunr probally printes a bogus article about grounds cause they want to look like idiots in expert eyes such as your own.Damm Toma all these companies should just call you seein how you got all the answers. Toma if you got a beef with me you should maybe call and sort it out 2 posts knockin me in one day gettin little repetitive.
    Lookin Good is Goin FAST
    "HOME of the AWD DYNO"

My Ride
    TRD Pro

I'll volunteer my car if you have a four wheel dyno...(its worth a try isn't it?) --Audi A4 2.8

Quite interested in the Hypergrounds though, are they universal kits or car specific? (Any Euro fitments?)

I want to see this Corvette intake manifold that has "The Tornado" built right in. Is it an older one or a current C5? I have seen the C5 intake manifold and didn't see it at all. And usually you want the porting to be larger and to polish the intake runners so you get maxiumium airflow into the head, not to put a big obstruction in a the way to slow it down. "The Tornado" device that I see in the commericals, are for installations right by the air filter, no where near the intake manifold. I like to see the MAF readings reading before the install of the Tornado and after the install. I have a feeling that turbalence of the Tornado might be disrupting the airflow through the MAF orifce causing a erroreous reading which could cause a leaner condition resulting in increased power and better fuel economy.

Just because something is a accessory that you can order from a car manufacturer doesn't make something that works or something that is proven. I can order lots of stuff for my FWD ecnobox (big rims, lowering kit, big wing), but that doesn't mean that it will make my slowass FWD corner better or get a higher top speed. Anyways.... Nissan should have good grounding from the get go and not have it as a "upgrade".

My Ride
    Really FAST Ones

I will post those pics tom. It was built into a 1984 crossfire injection corvette.

After this I am done.
    Lookin Good is Goin FAST
    "HOME of the AWD DYNO"

My Ride
    Really FAST Ones

Here is the intake
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Lookin Good is Goin FAST
    "HOME of the AWD DYNO"

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast