Quantcast
Flying to vegas via Vancouver- international flight? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Flying to vegas via Vancouver- international flight?

My Ride
    X7 40i, Cayenne S, 335i Cab

Default Flying to vegas via Vancouver- international flight?

so I booked my flight using aeroplan to fly out to vegas with a stop over @ Van. should I treat this as an international flight and should arrive 2 hours before departure, or a domestic flight ( so ~1 hour before).

also any idea if I get to go outside when i'm in van (3 hours stopover) or am I stuck inside the transfer terminal?? I'm flying Air canada to van but United from van to Vegas

My Ride
    my bike

you'll probably have to clear US customs in Van instead of Calgary, so take that into account too

you flight out of Calgary would be considered a domestic flight so you wouldn't have to show up THAT early, also you should check to see if your baggage is going to be transferred for you from AC to UA all the way to Vegas or if you have to claim in Vancouver and then check in at a United counter there.
    Last edited by 98type_r; 02-13-2008 at 03:06 PM.

No, you'll most likely clear customs in CALGARY since you are connecting to Van only. You'll be stuck in the secure area for the stop over too.

When I flew Calgary to new york and stopped in T.O I still cleared in Calgary

My Ride
    2002 Subaru Impreza WRX

I flew to Vegas through Van once and it was through Air Canada.

The flight to Van was a normal flight and we had to clear customs in Vancouver before getting on the flight to Vegas. You'll more than likely have to clear customs in Vancouver and not Calgary. That's what I did at least. You'll more than likely have to reclaim your luggage in Vancouver and then recheck it in Vancouver for your UA flight. That's what we had to do.

Originally posted by ZorroAMG
    No, you'll most likely clear customs in CALGARY since you are connecting to Van only. You'll be stuck in the secure area for the stop over too.

When I flew Calgary to new york and stopped in T.O I still cleared in Calgary

Yah i think its in Calgary... Im going this route on monday , so ill tell yah then!
    2011 Mercedes C63 AMG //2009 Mercedes C350 SOLD //2008 BMW 335i SOLD //2006 Mercedes C Sold// 2002 BMW M3 SOLD// 2004 Porsche C4S SOLD// 2006 Audi S4 SOLD// 2005 Audi 1.8T SS SOLD// 2004 Subaru STi SOLD// 1994 LHD Toyota Supra SOLD//1993 LHD Mazda RX-7 SOLD // 2002 Honda S2000 SC SOLD// 2004 Range Rover SOLD//