Quantcast
Kidd traded to the mavericks - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Kidd traded to the mavericks

Default Kidd traded to the mavericks

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3244102

wow...these last few months of the season are going to be interesting. first the lakers with gasol, then the suns with shaq and now Dallas picking up Kidd.

I'm so happy for the Mavs that I'm going to tip my usual waitress an extra percent tonight.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride

this is such a stupid trade.

I know everyone will get excited because Kidd is a big name, but this trade makes the Mavs worse. If it does help them, it will only be for the very short term.

Harris, G/F Jerry Stackhouse, C DeSagana Diop, G/F Devean George, G Maurice Ager, $3 million and two future No. 1 draft picks is wayy to much for Kidd and Malik Allen.

He may be a offensive upgrade over Harris, and a better leader, but everyone seems to miss the fact Harris was the best defensive point guard in the league last year, and among the best this year again. Jason wont be able to cover Nash, Parker, Baron Davis and Company with the same effectiveness as Harris has.

My Ride
    18 Model S, 20 Macan S, 67 Camaro & 11 SLS

Originally posted by icecreamvan
    I'm so happy for the Mavs that I'm going to tip my usual waitress an extra percent tonight.
    Wow... you're really letting things get crazy!

Are you gonna have 2% milk with dinner rather than skim?
    Last edited by Jlude; 02-13-2008 at 04:22 PM.

Originally posted by 5hift

I know everyone will get excited because Kidd is a big name, but this trade makes the Mavs worse. If it does help them, it will only be for the very short term.

Harris, G/F Jerry Stackhouse, C DeSagana Diop, G/F Devean George, G Maurice Ager, $3 million and two future No. 1 draft picks is wayy to much for Kidd and Malik Allen.

He may be a offensive upgrade over Harris, and a better leader, but everyone seems to miss the fact Harris was the best defensive point guard in the league last year, and among the best this year again. Jason wont be able to cover Nash, Parker, Baron Davis and Company with the same effectiveness as Harris has.
    i completely agree. Harris is so much more athletic and long that he will be able to give any pg's in the west a fit. the one thing though that he will bring is mental toughness. i hate mark cuban and the mavericks so im hoping this blows up in their face but with Kidd you never know.

and the thing with kidd is being 35 how much more does he have in the tank? i think this is cubans attempt at buying a championship, did you watch the game against the nets? that may have sealed it in cubans mind that needed Kidd.

Originally posted by icecreamvan
    whatever floats your boat

Originally posted by 5hift

I agree, Kidd is not that good. Harris George and Diop can all play, but it does say stackhouse is basicly going to have his contract bought out by the nets and then sign with Dallas again in 30 days, weak.
    Michael Scott: "Do I want to be feared or loved? Um... easy, both. I want people to be afraid of how much they love me."

My Ride
    NC1

That's a heavy price to pay for Jason Kidd! Cuban must feel this is the missing link for a title run.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

I knew this was going to happen once Shaq got traded .. Cuban wasn't going to sit and do nothing

My Ride

lets hold up here looks like the trade is on ice for now...

"NBA front-office sources say that Mavericks forward Devean George has unexpectedly exercised his right to block the trade that was expected to make Jason Kidd a Maverick.

The teams had verbally agreed to the deal before George told the Mavericks that he wouldn't consent to it, which is his right based on a rare provision in his one-year contract. George recently complained that the Mavericks weren't playing him enough, so this is somewhat shocking. His decision probably won't kill the deal for good, but we'll have to wait to see how this plays out. "

My Ride
    NC1

And George goes 0-11 from the field tonight against the TrailBlazers haha Awesome!
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

Originally posted by max_boost
    And George goes 0-11 from the field tonight against the TrailBlazers haha Awesome!
    not to mention all of Dallas pretty much hates him now, i wouldnt want to stay on the Mavs after i pull this kind of stunt. if he doesnt take this back i could see avery benching him the rest of the year haha.

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

Good short term fix, but the Mavs just gave up what little manpower they had at the 4 and 5 spots in a conference full of dominant big men (O Neal, Stoudamire, Gasol, Bynum, Duncan, Horry, etc)
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

The New Jersey Nets and Dallas on Tuesday completed a trade sending the all-star to the Mavericks, who now have one of the NBA's best point guards as they look toward the playoffs. This will be Kidd's second stint with Dallas.

The eight-player deal, in the making since before the all-star break, sends Kidd, forward Malik Allen and guard Antoine Wright to Dallas for point guard Devin Harris, centre DeSagana Diop and swingman Maurice Ager, plus retired forward Keith Van Horn and Trenton Hassell. New Jersey also gets two first-round draft picks and US$3 million.

Van Horn and Hassell replace Jerry Stackhouse and Devean George in an original trade proposal. Stackhouse's presence in the deal was muddled by plans to get him back to Dallas - within the rules, although in a way the league frowned upon - and George used his veto power to block his involvement.

My Ride
    Has wheels

I guess Dallas just wants Kidd that bad. I dont think they will see a huge improvement and as said above, I dont think that Kidd will be able to stay with the younger, quicker west guards..

My Ride
    X3 3.0, CLK500, FZR600

its over for the Mavs haha. I can't wait for shaq to tear the rim down on dirk's head.
    Listen fam, she had a big rack of lamb
    And they caused mad problems like math exams
    Ask my man, her tits caused traffic jams

yeah van horn is a pretty big winner in this...all he has to do is pass a physical with the nets and he gets some free money.

My Ride
    GTI mmmkkvvv

crazyy trades this past months
    shaq
    and kiddd
    wow

^^you forgot the gasol trade?

i honestly think what the mavs did might be considered in the near future as one of the most lopsided trades in history!
    kidd is on his way down, and you gave up 2 first rounders???? for shaq, i could understand when he went to MIA, but my god....the mavs royally fucked themselves. They have no big man, nor do they have any defence....diop was their big man defender......

I honestly think the lakers are the team to beat....damn, they are so good now! and to watch them....it's like a symphony orchestra, everyone's playing well, and at the same time. Lakers are the team to beat, not the suns, not the mavs, not the spurs.

My Ride
    Has wheels

Originally posted by urbannomad
    ^^you forgot the gasol trade?

i honestly think what the mavs did might be considered in the near future as one of the most lopsided trades in history!
    kidd is on his way down, and you gave up 2 first rounders???? for shaq, i could understand when he went to MIA, but my god....the mavs royally fucked themselves. They have no big man, nor do they have any defence....diop was their big man defender......

I honestly think the lakers are the team to beat....damn, they are so good now! and to watch them....it's like a symphony orchestra, everyone's playing well, and at the same time. Lakers are the team to beat, not the suns, not the mavs, not the spurs.
    Lakers are playing great, what happens come playoff time or near playoff time and someone takes a good wack at Kobe's hand. You know someones going to..

As much as I hate to say it, I still think the Spurs are still the team to beat.

Mavs just screwed up with that trade, they'll come to realize soon enought!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast